Basketball: Wild, Out There Prediction that Team USA wins

canbelto

In all seriousness though I'm looking forward to the basketball competition in Tokyo.
It will be cool seeing Damian Lillard and Bradley Beal on a good team.

Luka Doncic playing for Slovenia -- should be fun.

Might be the last Games for the Gasol brothers and Spain.

Team Australia has some good players too.

Karen-W

In all seriousness though I'm looking forward to the basketball competition in Tokyo.
It will be cool seeing Damian Lillard and Bradley Beal on a good team.

Luka Doncic playing for Slovenia -- should be fun.

Might be the last Games for the Gasol brothers and Spain.

Team Australia has some good players too.
Hmph. The Blazers are a good team. Not a great team but they did make the playoffs this year.

canbelto

Hmph. The Blazers are a good team. Not a great team but they did make the playoffs this year.

They're a good team but the team just isn't enough to match Dame's talents. And it wasn't enough to get out of the stacked Western conference. There's been some turnover in the Blazers' FO and management and I hope it will improve. As great as it is watching Dame drag his team through some games with all those logo shots, it would be nice if he had more help.

In other news, my mom thinks Damian Lillard is super-cute and was happy she gets to watch him in the Olys.

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
Not surprising. For the most part, all of these guys have petty beefs with each other and are under the control of their pro teams. Playing as a team will take some time. Long gone are the Dream Team days.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I have a feeling a lot of them are exhausted, too. And many of these guys just finished playing this season.

canbelto

What a disaster. Jerami Grant is also in health and safety (although he hasn't tested positive) and Kevin Love dropped out.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I'm not sure the Bucks that are scheduled to be on the national team are going to make it. They look exhausted. Khris Middleton is having issues cramping and I don't see them going right from this to the Olympics.

canbelto

I'm not sure the Bucks that are scheduled to be on the national team are going to make it. They look exhausted. Khris Middleton is having issues cramping and I don't see them going right from this to the Olympics.

They're committed to going. They will probably sit on the bench for the first couple of games.
ETA: Devin Booker is also committed to going.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
But they're not going to go if they're injured. And they wouldn't be a huge help if they were. Booker broke his nose in the previous series and who knows what physical issues the Bucks have. I'm just saying I don't think team USA can for sure count on them and I hope they have people lined up to replace them.

canbelto

But they're not going to go if they're injured. And they wouldn't be a huge help if they were. Booker broke his nose in the previous series and who knows what physical issues the Bucks have. I'm just saying I don't think team USA can for sure count on them and I hope they have people lined up to replace them.

Team USA always has people. Booker broke his nose but it hasn't affected his playing. Middleton and Holiday are playing great. I'm sure they're tired but they'll go and not be rusty after a layoff.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
There is no NBA thread so goooooo Bucks!!!

Giannis took the trophies through the chick FIL a drive-thru today to celebrate with a 50 piece "mcnuggets." Love him!

They are putting together a parade here ASAP so Middleton and Holiday can attend..

Judy

At first I read that as Kate Middleton 😳.

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
This is not a TEAM. It’s a bunch of vary talented BB players. Teams that have been together longer have a clear advantage.

Carolla5501

Honestly I find the US men not worth the time to watch. They are not a "team", they are a bunch of talented guys playing a basic pickup game. The "team" aspect is "how many points can each of us score" But they have more talent so they will survive until they get it together, but....

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information