Any Leap Year Day Birthdays here?

Jot the Dot Dot

Headstrong Buzzard
Yes, it's that time again, without the confusion of Daylight Savings Time, but with the oddity for a person born on February 29th. Anyone here fall into that catagory?

ballettmaus

I don't but here's a family that got a little carried away - 3 in one family

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=38666437&nid=1009&title=3-kids-share-leap-day-birthday-in-payson-family

Not sure why anyone would want their kids to be born on a day that only comes every four years... :shuffle: But it was never a big deal with my cousin. If it wasn't a leap year, he celebrated (and still celebrates) on March 1st, end of story.
On a funny note, he travelled to the US several years ago and upon immigration, the officer looked at the computer, then looked at him and asked why the computer told him my cousin was only four years old... :D

cygnus

My Mom- who would have been 96, but she died last year, so she didn't make it this far. We always had a birthday celebration for her on the 28th (as she was a February girl, not a March girl!), but every 4 years she got an extra special celebration. Plus she enjoyed being a "teenager" for 28 years!

Interesting history here- she was born in 1920, when a variant of the Spanish flu was still going around rural British Columbia. She lived in a rural Finnish-Canadian farming community. She was born during this epidemic, and everyone was sick including the doctor and her father. She was brought into the world in a little log cabin by the 18 year old just-off-the-boat-from-England schoolteacher, who was boarding with the family, and who saved her life and that of my grandmother. They stayed in touch all their lives- the teacher lived into her 80s, never married (as was often the case with that generation of women, with so many WW1 losses) and considered my Mom the baby she never had.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
My Mom- who would have been 96, but she died last year, so she didn't make it this far. We always had a birthday celebration for her on the 28th (as she was a February girl, not a March girl!), but every 4 years she got an extra special celebration. Plus she enjoyed being a "teenager" for 28 years!

Interesting history here- she was born in 1920, when a variant of the Spanish flu was still going around rural British Columbia. She lived in a rural Finnish-Canadian farming community. She was born during this epidemic, and everyone was sick including the doctor and her father. She was brought into the world in a little log cabin by the 18 year old just-off-the-boat-from-England schoolteacher, who was boarding with the family, and who saved her life and that of my grandmother. They stayed in touch all their lives- the teacher lived into her 80s, never married (as was often the case with that generation of women, with so many WW1 losses) and considered my Mom the baby she never had.

Wonderful story! Thank you for sharing this.

ballettmaus

My Mom- who would have been 96, but she died last year, so she didn't make it this far. We always had a birthday celebration for her on the 28th (as she was a February girl, not a March girl!),

There's the superstition here that you don't wish someone a Happy Birthday early as it's supposed to be bad luck, so celebrating on Feb 28 would be bad luck. It is, after all, celebrating a day early. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information