Anti-Semitism, anti-Zionism and anti-Christian incidents, reports, etc.

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
Ratings
Actual Nazis crashed a Holocaust Remembrance event and Arkansas Tech has a scholarship named after a professor who thought Holocaust denial was a valid historical viewpoint and has no intentions of renaming that scholarship but it's comments made by a single Muslim woman that dominate the discussion. (Here and on the internet in general).
It’s not just any woman. I thought that much is obvious.
Despite what caseyedwards says, the Nazis in question aren’t in any immediate danger of being elected to Congress.

How are things for Jews in Germany these days, btw?

Zemgirl

Ratings
This discussion is exactly what I mean about some people calling out antisemitism only when it's on the other side.

Ilhan Omar is not the only person in American politics who can be faulted for the use of antisemitic tropes, as has been pointed out in this thread before. Antisemitic behavior does not only occur on the far right, in Europe or in the US. Antisemitism is dangerous, and it needs to be addressed regardless of the politics of those who engage in it.

I'm really not the target audience for Instagram Stories, but thought it was a great way to engage audiences who might not know much about the Holocaust.

demetriosj

Ratings
Tlaib is a member of Congress. Yes, she's new, and every elected official has had a gaffe at one point, but she did not get elected (or get to a place in the community where she was a viable candidate) by making "awkward" comments. I think we should assume that she is saying exactly what she intended.
She was run by the Justice "Democrats" whose agenda is scary and anti-American. "Her" words are their words, scripted for her by the Justice "Democrats". She is a member of Congress who could care less about her constituents, and only wants to push the radical Justice "Democrats" agenda. As a member of Congress, she should be concerned with the issues of her local constituents, and not be dwelling on Palestine.

PRlady

Gutting it out
Ratings
Uh....

Well it’s so tacky that Steny Hoyer, who doesn’t even have a heavily Jewish district, is so outspokenly pro-Israel. Why does Lindsey Graham spend his time looking for another war rather than taking care of South Carolina. Weird that Bob Menendez worries so much about Puerto Rico rather than full time on New Jersey.....

And a justice agenda sounds like a good thing to me.

Debbie S

Ratings
Well it’s so tacky that Steny Hoyer, who doesn’t even have a heavily Jewish district, is so outspokenly pro-Israel.
"Tacky"? In any event, I wasn't aware that being from "a heavily Jewish district" was a requirement for support for Israel. Israel is the U.S.'s only ally in the Middle East. An all-Palestinian state would likely not be an ally option, so it is in U.S. geopolitical interests to have a viable Jewish state in the region, whether singly or as part of a two-state agreement.

PRlady

Gutting it out
Ratings
"Tacky"? In any event, I wasn't aware that being from "a heavily Jewish district" was a requirement for support for Israel. Israel is the U.S.'s only ally in the Middle East. An all-Palestinian state would likely not be an ally option, so it is in U.S. geopolitical interests to have a viable Jewish state in the region, whether singly or as part of a two-state agreement.
I was satirizing the previous poster’s requirement that the only Palestinian rep just worry about her district rather than Palestine. Of course Hoyer is entitled to focus on Israel if he wants. All members of Congress have interests and responsibilities not precisely aligned with the needs of their state or district.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)