Anastasia Cannuscio & Colin McManus announce their retirement from competition

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting in a new thread for higher visibility - read their full announcement by clicking on the link (thanks to @RFOS for posting originally in the 2016-17 U.S. Dance news thread):

http://www.ice-dance.com/site/cannuscio-mcmanus-move-on/

... Starting out as a bottom tier Junior team in 2008, it was hard for anyone to imagine that Colin and I would some day stand on the Championship Dance podium.
We will still be involved in the sport through coaching, choreographing, and by serving on various committees. We still have so much more to give to this sport!

---

:cheer: and best wishes to both Colin & Anastasia, wonderful ambassadors for the sport!

Last edited:

Josh78

Just posted this in the U.S. Ice Dance thread, might as well post it here, too --

I'll really miss Anastasia and Colin out there -- they really started to hit their stride their last couple of seasons as a team -- that Beethoven FD was special (and not given enough credit by the judges, either domestically or internationally, if you ask me)

Dobre

Eight years together. This is a team I feel really had a full career. Most of all, I've enjoyed their personalities on the ice. I first saw Anastasia in novices in 2007. And C&M's performance at the 2014 Nationals always stayed with me. They had a tremendous season last year and even participated in the opening ceremonies at Worlds. I'm sorry to see them go before the Olympic season, but still we had the joy of watching them eight years. Well done.

Debbie S

I will miss them. I remember seeing them for the first time at 09 Nats - they've come so far and had many career highlights. I'm glad I was in the audience for some of their great performances, including their 2015 FD, and wish them the best in the future. I know they will excel in whatever they set out to do.

semogal

I am sorry to hear that they are retiring but it is not totally surprising. I know that this past season did not meet their expectations. I am glad we have their Cinderella & Beethoven performances from 2016 Nationals (and that wonderful K&C reaction) to enjoy. I wonder if this means wedding bells for Colin?

Last edited:

breathesgelatin

Too bad. I wondered if they would stay through the coming season for the potential of slots opening up at 4CC or Worlds with the Olympic-assigned skaters sitting out.

On the other hand, I guess there is some serious competition moving up from juniors this coming year as well...

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

leigh466

I'll miss them too. Best Wishes to both. It's always a mite sad when truly top-notch teams who just can't quite make it into the top echelon leave the scene. I always hope these teams, especially, know how much joy they bring to us fans.

Sylvia

TBD
Sarah Brannen's May 11th "Inside Edge" blog on IceNetwork includes quotes from Colin McManus:
"It's really hard to say goodbye to something you've been doing so long," he said in a phone interview. "It's hard to imagine our lives without competing and not to hear your name called to represent your country at a competition. It's kind of hard to let go, but we felt that it was time."
"It's such an incredible time to be a dancer in the U.S. -- it's an embarrassment of riches," he said. "Not only at the senior level but at the junior level, too. The U.S. could send out any team and have a respectable showing. We had to decide if we were willing to go back into the fray, and at this point in our lives, it was best for us to say no."
McManus is engaged to Isabella Cannuscio (older sister of Anastasia) and their wedding is scheduled to take place in May 2018.

ETA:

They were engaged on Sept. 4, 2015 - scroll down to "An engagement" for the details on Colin's elaborately planned surprise party for Isabella the day after he proposed: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/09/22/150959852/the-inside-edge-chen-under-the-radar----for-now

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am very surprised. I thought they had a bright future, after the current top teams retired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information