After Impeachment: The Trial and Tribulations of Donald J. Trump

Vagabond

If this all goes awry, I may have to start a thread called "The Trouble with Tribunals."

In the mean time, let me just say:

CONVICT TRUMP!!!!!
IMPEACH PENCE!!!!!
IMPEACH BARR!!!!!
IMPEACH MULVANEY!!!!!

PELOSI FOR PRESIDENT ASAP!!!!!

END GLOBAL WARMING!!!!!
END POVERTY!!!!!

WORLD PEACE NOW!!!!!

:soapbox:
And here's some mood music.

Last edited:

Zemgirl

IMPEACH MULVANEY!!!!!

PELOSI FOR PRESIDENT ASAP!!!!!​
He's on the way out already!
Pelosi also found the time to fly over to Belgium just a few days before the vote for the anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge. She may be superhuman.

Susan1

There was also a meme of Joe Biden “saying” I like presidents who weren’t impeached.

Just went back to yahoo homepage and saw this - https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-impeachment-news-live-white-082200609.html?rs=1&guccounter=1

mag

Back to the conversation with @becca about watching news, here is a recent show with Nicole Wallace. The first segment is particularly interesting and well done. There is a good mix of people at the table.

Vagabond

He's on the way out already!
Mulvaney may be on the way out as Special Guest Star Acting White House Chief of Staff, which is not an office from which Congress can remove him, but I have not seen any suggestion that he will leave his position as Director of the Office of Management and Budget. He still can and should be impeached!

:soapbox:

becca

I didn’t say all media is necessarily lying some of it is just plan bias and agenda some may not even see they are operating with one.

For example I heard a girl speak in immigration she talked about how she now needs to “preach” when she writes articles in the local news paper. I wish I had spoken up and told her she is the problem in the media but that’s what it feels like “I need to preach” with a lot of them but when you hand agenda certain things can get left out. On purpose or not.

And I am for immigration reform.
Then there is the media what they ignores.

There is nothing new about this though CS Lewis wrote about how he never reads newspapers. He felt lies and misunderstandings and you never know what is truly going on until years later because the private people never get told certain things. He felt truth gets found years later. As student of history I agree.

MacMadame

My G.O.A.T is better than your G.O.A.T.
For example I heard a girl speak in immigration she talked about how she now needs to “preach” when she writes articles in the local news paper.
Is she a journalist? If she is, then that's bad. But if she's an activist who writes opinion pieces in newspapers, then what she said isn't troubling at all.

Susan1

There was also a meme of Joe Biden “saying” I like presidents who weren’t impeached.
Duh on me - I meant John McCain! (re trump's comment about liking heroes who weren't captured)
~!~!~!~!
Misc. from last night -
They keep talking about the Senators having to take an oath to be impartial. What are they going to do, cross their fingers behind their backs so the oath doesn't count? ha ha

~!~!~!~!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/former-white-house-officials-say-they-feared-putin-influenced-the-presidents-views-on-ukraine-and-2016-campaign/2019/12/19/af0fdbf6-20e9-11ea-bed5-880264cc91a9_story.html

How stupid do you have to be to fall for everything Putin says. No wonder he wanted trump to be president. He needed someone he could make a laughingstock out of every day.
~~~~~~
“The prosecutors are getting cold feet in front of the entire country and second-guessing whether they even want to go to trial,” Mr. McConnell said. “They said impeachment was so urgent that it could not even wait for due process, but now they’re content to sit on their hands. This is comical.”

Hey, dipwad. He has been impeached. They didn't say removing him from office was urgent.

Last edited:

becca

Is she a journalist? If she is, then that's bad. But if she's an activist who writes opinion pieces in newspapers, then what she said isn't troubling at all.
She is a journalist! And I am sorry that has been going on a lot and long before Trump. I feel to many journalists act like activists. And as I said earlier I am for immigration reform

Last edited:

mag

She is a journalist! And I am sorry that has been going on a lot and long before Trump.
If she is a journalist who has been going on a lot longer than Trump, then she is not a “girl.” Furthermore, the only evidence he statement provides is evidence of how she writes. To smear the entire profession of journalism based on an anecdote of one journalist seems a tad extreme.

becca

If she is a journalist who has been going on a lot longer than Trump, then she is not a “girl.” Furthermore, the only evidence he statement provides is evidence of how she writes. To smear the entire profession of journalism based on an anecdote of one journalist seems a tad extreme.
She was not a journalist for a long time rather young. I said it’s been going on for a long time and I am sorry that is more example of what I see when I watch news read articles. For example when Obama was running it felt like the media was acting like cheerleaders.

There is the Dan Rather example with Bush.
There is what the Media chooses to emphasis and talk about. I could go on and on:
Look how the media portrayed Romney. Part of the reason folks didn’t take the media seriously on Trump is the media has a history of painting Conservatives a certain way. I am sorry Trump didn’t invent it and blaming Trump for it. No.

Last edited:

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict

Just went back to yahoo homepage and saw this - https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-impeachment-news-live-white-082200609.html?rs=1&guccounter=1

IMPOTUS!!!!… :rofl::rofl::rofl: I love it!

Last edited:

canbelto

She was not a journalist for a long time rather young. I said it’s been going on for a long time and I am sorry that is more example of what I see when I watch news read articles. For example when Obama was running it felt like the media was acting like cheerleaders.

There is the Dan Rather example with Bush.
There is what the Media chooses to emphasis and talk about. I could go on and on:
Look how the media portrayed Romney. Part of the reason folks didn’t take the media seriously on Trump is the media has a history of painting Conservatives a certain way. I am sorry Trump didn’t invent it and blaming Trump for it. No.
hate to say it but you have a very Trumpian mindset. Media are enemy of the ppl etc.

becca

hate to say it but you have a very Trumpian mindset. Media are enemy of the ppl etc.
i am sorry the fact that people keep saying you distrust the media so you are influenced by Trump and others frankly shows how insulated you are to your own point of view.

Conservatives have been upset with mainstream news coverage and been screaming about liberal bias for a
extremely long time.
This has lead to people turning to the rise of Conservative media Rush Hannity further polarizing.
always been conservative liberal papers but the 24/7 coverage has turned things baaad.

Trump frankly isn’t saying anything Conservatives have not been saying for a long time.
I have purposely given non Trump examples to show my point.
I am sorry but the Bloomberg scenario it’s baddd just own a media conglomerate folks....Free favorable press.

People don’t distrust the media just because the President says too I am sorry the media has done things to cause the distrust and if folks are going to say it’s all Trumps fault people distrust the media.......As if the media has done nothing to hurt public trust! Fake news is absolutely a problem.

I have been concerned about propaganda in this country for a long time long before Trump.

Last edited:

allezfred

Baby Jolly Man Face
Staff member
People don’t distrust the media just because the President says too I am sorry the media has done things to cause the distrust and if folks are going to say it’s all Trumps fault people distrust the media.......
Next time before you post could you actually think about what you are writing so it makes some kind of sense? Full stops are also your friend.

becca

Next time before you post could you actually think about what you are writing so it makes some kind of sense? Full stops are also your friend.
I am typing on my phone.

I am merely trying to say Conservatives have been screaming about mainstream media for a very long time.

Is it a problem that our President can scream Fake News any time he is criticized.

Yes!!!!

But he is able to do so because Conservatives have been distrusting mainstream press for a long time.

And they have absolutely done things to earn distrust.

canbelto

@becca I;m trying to understand your posts and I sort of can't ... So you're saying that you only trust conservative media sources now?

VGThuy

Or that conservatives are the only ones victimized by biased news reporting or journalists with a point-of-view? I agree with Becca that it’s a problem, but I can’t take anyone seriously who screams about media bias but then brainlessly just listens to right wing media, right wing talking points that always seem to repeat the same things, and other sermon-like sources. It makes me think their critiques on the media is just as “activist”-driven. I’m not talking about you specifically Becca, but people who I heard that crap from but then go on Breitbart, watch Sean Hannity, etc. and takes their word as gospel. They are as guilty as anyone else in perpetuating fake news. They have no one to blame but their own anger and inability to expand their points of view.

Anyway, EVERYONE is biased. Most rational people are able to see through agendas but read things to inform themselves on the facts and to see how people are reacting to events. I don’t know about Becca, but most mainstream sources like the NYT and countless online media have tons of comments with readers critiquing articles and journalists. It’s part of being an active and informed reader and challenging oneself by reading something that may have a different point-of-view, within reason. Anybody looking for media to have totally unbiased reporting where there is no point-of-view are lying to themselves. They want a point-of-goes expressed but it’s one they share. Maybe they should look inside themselves to see why that and everything they despise like education, arts, etc. seem to go a certain away...and I’ll give you a hint, not in a regressive, nationalistic, protectionist fashion (Except when it comes to money, then they may go that way...at least the ones with the money and power to influence the conversation).

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
The news media is critical for democracy. It certainly is possible for the media to completely fail the country, but I don't think it has at this point. Mainstream news organizations continue to make efforts to adhere to journalistic standards. It is necessary to consume them with a critical eye and to read a range of sources. I read the New York Times and also criticize them constantly but they provide a good deal of information and analysis that is indispensable (mostly book reviews, but I digress...).

I compare major news stories among the NY Times, the Washington Post, the Guardian, Associated Press, the Wall Street Journal (usually when referenced by others since I can't afford to subscribe to everything) and if something seems dubious wait to see what consensus forms among the major news organizations.

Now they can still all be wrong--remember the pre-Iraq War coverage. But as I said, they remain indispensable and without them it would be nearly impossible to form clear ideas of what is happening in our world.

I have seen people rely only on biased extreme sources on the left. IMO, people who did didn't trust any institution in society and believed a lot of very dubious theories. OTOH, there are good sources of opinion on the left, right, and center. One doesn't consume them uncritically and I am always wary of embracing things that too emotionally support my preferred views. But I think one can find valuable analysis in opinion websites, as long as one is careful to consider confirmation bias.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information