Afghanistan

Japanfan

I hope the staff gets out, but leave the animals behind. There's so many people trying to get out that it is criminal to be prioritizing animal rescue at this time.

Criminal? Sorry, I don't think so. Just because so many human beings are at the top of the food chain doesn't mean they are the only creatures on earth that matter. Animals feel fear and joy, hunger and pain, and contentment no less than humans do. The fact that anyone would have such little care or compassion for animals, as you seem to do, is sad and scary.

Just leave them behind, as if they don't matter?

Rescue/evacuation plans should make provisions for both animals and humans. This was one of the lessons of Hurricane Katrina, as discussed by Wayne Pacelle, previous President and CEO of the Humane Society of the United States, in his book "The Bond: Our Kinship with Animals, Our Call to Defend Them". The book is well worth a read.

Also, if a refugee family has a pet and is able to take their pet with them should they have to evacuate their home and leave their country, the pet will provide them with much comfort in new, scary and uncertain circumstances. Which would be especially important for children.

And, large numbers of feral animals on the streets is not a good thing.

Last edited:

masik

I hope the staff gets out, but leave the animals behind. There's so many people trying to get out that it is criminal to be prioritizing animal rescue at this time.

MsZem

@skatingguy your human-centric approach is the reason our planet is in such a dire state right now. We’ve soiled our nest and future generations are going to pay dire consequences for that.
One can think that animal rights matter, and that humans need to do better on various environmental issues, and still think that Afghan humans should be prioritized at this time.

Cachoo

A plane can be an ark; humans in passenger areas—-dogs in cargo though hopefully not two by two. I’d be happy to let a dog sit on my lap. But it is awful that his staff was left behind.
I know of a group that went in and pulled nearly 9,000 out. But they had 15,000 requests.

Japanfan

One can think that animal rights matter, and that humans need to do better on various environmental issues, and still think that Afghan humans should be prioritized at this time.

Farthing was focused on animal rescue. Different rescue organizations have different target populations.

If an organization is focused on children, adults may get left behind. If an organization if focused on women and girls, men and boys may be left behind.

And animals are commonly left behind in situations of conflict/crisis. So, I commend Farthing.

The prioritization of humans over all other living creatures and the environment has caused destruction, death and chaos - and also caused the death of many humans.

If we haven't learned the lesson of that yet, I kind of doubt we ever well.

Judy

The animals can be safely transported without impacting the people. It's a huge population in Afghanistan and impossible to rescue everyone 😢.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
A plane can be an ark; humans in passenger areas—-dogs in cargo though hopefully not two by two. I’d be happy to let a dog sit on my lap. But it is awful that his staff was left behind.
I know of a group that went in and pulled nearly 9,000 out. But they had 15,000 requests.
You know that is true. However probably not so feasible as people are avoiding bombs and bullets.
Question: if you could put either your dog or your daughter on the flight out, who would you choose?

Cachoo

You know that is true. However probably not so feasible as people are avoiding bombs and bullets.
Question: if you could put either your dog or your daughter on the flight out, who would you choose?
My dog—-I don’t have a daughter. If I could not get my dog out and had no one to care for her do I leave her to the streets? Or do I end her life? I think if I had the miserable job of choosing who to save I believe children would be at the top of the list.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
So I am wondering what harm would come to the animals if they were left behind. I know different countries and different cultures deal with pets differently. But I am pretty sure the Taliban isn't going to put any pets to death for being traitors. Is there some other harm that could come to them if they aren't evacuated?

allezfred

Lipinski Stole My Catchphrase
Staff member
So I am wondering what harm would come to the animals if they were left behind. I know different countries and different cultures deal with pets differently. But I am pretty sure the Taliban isn't going to put any pets to death for being traitors. Is there some other harm that could come to them if they aren't evacuated?
Dogs are seen as haram in some extreme interpretations of Islam.

Judy

Maybe try looking up the environmental damage done by pets.
Omg seriously? I have two dogs. Exactly what environmental damage are they doing? Us humans are doing a far lot more I can promise you that. Your statement is ludricous.

Dobre

"U.S. officials say a drone strike hit a vehicle carrying Islamic State suicide bombers heading for the Kabul airport. A military official said the strike caused “significant secondary explosions” indicating the presence of explosives in the vehicle."

US says drone kills IS bombers targeting Kabul airport​

Thank goodness. The warning yesterday that there was another credible threat around the airport made me nervous.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
Does this make anyone else wonder?

The Taliban hate ISIS and vice versa.

ISIS K was formed in large part from Taliban members reputed to have thought the Taliban were too moderate.

I am wondering whether there are a lot of Taliban moles in ISIS K, and the Taliban in general are happy to tell the US where and when to send drones.

skatingguy

Golden Team
Omg seriously? I have two dogs. Exactly what environmental damage are they doing? Us humans are doing a far lot more I can promise you that. Your statement is ludricous.
Pets are just an extension of humans, and so they do considerable environmental damage. Look at the amount of food that they eat, particularly because their diet contains mostly meat. One quarter of all meat produced in the United States is used to feed pets. That meat production is significant contributor to the production of greenhouse gases. Look at the amount of feces they produce, and because most pet food is heavily processed those feces can do considerable damage to water ways, and ground water when left outside or sent to landfill. And that's to say nothing of all the toys, beds, and clothing that we buy for our pets, and the packaging that comes with them. When a wild animal goes looking for a bone to chew on it doesn't come wrapped in plastic with tag for the cashier to scan.

I'm not against owning pets, and I quite enjoy having a dog myself, but your statements are ludicrously naive if you think there's no environmental cost associated with your dogs.

b-man

The fraud-it in AZ is a shitshow because the people running it have no idea what they are doing.

I'm constantly surprised when adults mouth off about something when they clearly have no idea how things work. In this case:

-The votes were certified. Do you have any idea what that means? It means that audits were performed including taking votes in certain areas and making sure the electronic counts match hand counts.

-All of the lawsuits about fraud were thrown out... because there was no evidence.

It was talked about a bit earlier. I personally object to this way of portraying what happened though. When the Taliban knew we were leaving, they reached out to all of these towns and forces and negotiated with the people in charge so that they could take over with minimal bloodshed. I don't blame anyone who did this. We were leaving and weren't going to be there to protect them. The Taliban taking over was inevitable. Therefore, the people in charge were doing what they could to protect their people. This idea that all these people just spontaneously laid down their arms because they "didn't have the will" is very patronizing.
Many think the original count was a shitshow. If it is clean, you shouldn't fear a little scrutiny.

The count in Fulton County was captured on closed circuit tape. We don't often get the chance to see election fraud on tape.

Some lawsuits were thrown out as premature. Some were thrown out as moot as certification had occurred. In general, courts don't want to touch election disputes with a 10 footpole. Good news for your party, you can continue the fraud in 2022.

caseyedwards

Dogs are definitely not worse than industrial farm hogs! I mean what the big corporations have done with hog waste makes you sick!

skatingguy

Golden Team
Many think the original count was a shitshow. If it is clean, you shouldn't fear a little scrutiny.
Sometimes many people are wrong. Legitimate scrutiny based on evidence of wrongdoing is one thing, but this recount is based on conspiracy theories like Chinese paper is made from bamboo.
The count in Fulton County was captured on closed circuit tape. We don't often get the chance to see election fraud on tape.
The explanation of the video clip is widely available, and it didn't involve voter fraud.

Some lawsuits were thrown out as premature. Some were thrown out as moot as certification had occurred. In general, courts don't want to touch election disputes with a 10 footpole. Good news for your party, you can continue the fraud in 2022.
I think you're right that generally courts are not going to get involved, which is why evidence is required, and since the majority of lawsuits across the US didn't allege fraud of any type it's hard for a court to rule that it happened.

b-man

Sometimes many people are wrong. Legitimate scrutiny based on evidence of wrongdoing is one thing, but this recount is based on conspiracy theories like Chinese paper is made from bamboo.

The explanation of the video clip is widely available, and it didn't involve voter fraud.

I think you're right that generally courts are not going to get involved, which is why evidence is required, and since the majority of lawsuits across the US didn't allege fraud of any type it's hard for a court to rule that it happened.
Republican observers and the media were told to leave the counting area as the counting was finished for the night. Very convenient. No Republican observers or media present. As soon as they left, election workers returned, turned on the lights, scurried to obtain ballots, and the same ballots were repeatedly scanned. Ballots were double counted. More video tape for you, including a worker double scanning the same ballots, and the finished product showing individual ballots that had been scanned twice. www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/07/15/tucker_carlson_votes_were_doublecounted_in_georgia_hundreds_of_ballots_were_improperly_duplicated.html#!

Judy

Pets are just an extension of humans, and so they do considerable environmental damage. Look at the amount of food that they eat, particularly because their diet contains mostly meat. One quarter of all meat produced in the United States is used to feed pets. That meat production is significant contributor to the production of greenhouse gases. Look at the amount of feces they produce, and because most pet food is heavily processed those feces can do considerable damage to water ways, and ground water when left outside or sent to landfill. And that's to say nothing of all the toys, beds, and clothing that we buy for our pets, and the packaging that comes with them. When a wild animal goes looking for a bone to chew on it doesn't come wrapped in plastic with tag for the cashier to scan.

I'm not against owning pets, and I quite enjoy having a dog myself, but your statements are ludicrously naive if you think there's no environmental cost associated with your dogs.
My dogs do not eat meat but sorry ... humans consume far, far more food then dogs. This has to be the most ludicrous conversation I have ever had on FSU.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

skatingguy

Golden Team
Republican observers and the media were told to leave the counting area as the counting was finished for the night. Very convenient. No Republican observers or media present. As soon as they left, election workers returned, turned on the lights, scurried to obtain ballots, and the same ballots were repeatedly scanned. Ballots were double counted. More video tape for you, including a worker double scanning the same ballots, and the finished product showing individual ballots that had been scanned twice. www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/07/15/tucker_carlson_votes_were_doublecounted_in_georgia_hundreds_of_ballots_were_improperly_duplicated.html#!
The ballots were initially double-counted but the error was caught during a recount.

b-man

The ballots were initially double-counted but the error was caught during a recount.

Thanks for the informative reply. Possibly true and accurate. The other side maintains fraud, and allegedly had a whistle blower to tip them off. I wasn't in the precinct to count ballots. One side apparently went through an elaborate ruse to lure both the media and the opposing party observers out of the precinct, then appears to have lied about it. They initially said they did not tell the media to leave, until emails were produced showing the media was asked to leave. For me, Fulton County election officials have lost all credibility, and any and all claims afterwards are suspect. Even if recounts confirm the count, it could mean the count is now accurate, or it could mean other ways were found to manipulate the count. When one party double counts ballots, lures observers out of the counting room, and lies about it, those officials should never be entrusted again and should be barred from being election officials.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information