2022 Worlds Rhythm Dance - Once More, With Streeting

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Maria KAZAKOVA / Georgy REVIYA GEO

Coach: Denis Samokhin, Maria Borovikova

Blues: Chosen One by Valley Of Wolves
Hip Hop: Yeah by Usher Feat. Lil Jon and Luda

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Oleksandra and Maksym also changed the spelling of their names in their ISU bio at some point this season, and it is now presumably better aligned with Ukrainian spelling.
From Jackie Wong on their RD music:
"Sasha Nazarova & Max Nikitin are debuting a new RD to Ukrainian singer Jamala's 1944 - a song with a lot of history and symbolism - and a remix of a Ukrainian national song that they told me was done by someone who is currently fighting in the war 🇺🇦 "

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I was as into this couple as the rest of you but I am at the place now where I want a better partner for him.

skatingguy

Maria Kazakova/Georgy Reviya, Georgia
Blues: Chosen One by Valley Of Wolves; Hip Hop: Yeah by Usher Feat. Lil Jon and Luda

SqTwW4+SqTwM4
1MB1+kpNNNY
PStW3+PStM2
Midline Step 2
Stationary Lift 4

There's some white-boy hip-hop moments in there, but overall they really bring it.

66.76 - 3rd Place

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
GEO - so enjoyable to watch. I watch him more than her. Great use of the music and well interpreted. They did get a good hip hop flavour to that part of the dance.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
From Jackie Wong on their RD music:
"Sasha Nazarova & Max Nikitin are debuting a new RD to Ukrainian singer Jamala's 1944 - a song with a lot of history and symbolism - and a remix of a Ukrainian national song that they told me was done by someone who is currently fighting in the war 🇺🇦 "
A post I made yesterday with music details for those interested:
Just hijacking this thread for a second in anticipation of the RD event tomorrow. The Ukrainian ice dance team has new music for their RD, Hugo Chouinard worked with them on it, that has a very special meaning for them. I thought I would leave their two music selections here for those who might like to listen to them prior to the competition to fully grasp the sentiment. Thanks to @airgelaal for sharing the video for the second piece of music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-rnM-MwRHY
English lyric translation here:
https://genius.com/Jamala-1944-lyrics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu8m5FA2nL8

Ananas Astra

In the Center of Scrutiny from all Directions
D. Weiss about the Ukrainians: "They have especially created a new dance to Georgian music."

Ananas Astra

In the Center of Scrutiny from all Directions
I already asked this in the Men's SP thread: Is there a possibility for the Ukrainian skaters to not return to Ukraine after the competition? Can't they defect somewhere from Montpellier? Italy? Stay in France? I wouldn't blame them if they didn't want to return as long as there is a war.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information