2022 Worlds Mens FS - Numero Uno

zigzig

My heart is so full for Vincent - I am so proud of him and happy that he closes out his season with a medal.
And WTF CAMDEN - SO happy for him and hope this is the start of a newfound consistency and great things to come.

I prefer Yuma over Shoma anyday but Shomes earned his gold today. Super happy with this podium.

AYS

🌻
Good event, congrats to Uno!

I'm glad for Vincent on the podium, given Beijing and all.

Amazing performance for Camden. He+Vincent or Ilia+Vincent got the 3 spots done, good for them! It should be interesting to see who's around to use them next season.

Ilia has his worlds debut under his belt now, onward.

fsfann

QUAD LUTZ FROM KEEGAN MESSING IN WARMUP - it was all working this morning in practice as well
This was what he said re the practice this morning:

Messing: 3S, 3Lz, runthru (3Lz3T, 3T, 1A, 3A(fall), 3Lz3T), 4T, 4T3T, 4Lz(fall), 4Lz(fall), 3Lz, 4Lz(fall), 4Lz(fall), 3Lz, 3Lz, 4T, 3T, 3A1Eu2S, 1Lo, 4T2T, 4T, 2A(step), 3A

By my count, that's 0/4 in the attempts earlier today. :-(

miffy

This is a really nice ending for Vincent. He can retire and live his best life and enjoy Brown knowing he's achieved a lot during his career. Two Worlds bronze medals and an Olympic medal is nothing to cry about.
I didn’t realise this was his last event, good for Vincent :40beers:

Primorskaya

Yeah I'm not a fan of Shoma's music/programme but that was a commanding performance, and he's a deserving winner. Good podium!

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love!
Fabulous podium!!!
All well judged.
Happy for Vincent, returning to the Worlds podium…and Team USA remains on track to MEDAL IN EVERY DISCIPLINE AT A WORLDS!!! When’s the last time that that has happened…1967?

M - Gary Visconti - bronze
W - Peggy Fleming - gold
P - Kaufmanns - bronze
D - Dyer/Carrell - silver

shhh…I was 11, in Puerto Rico, and watched on ABC Wide World of Sports…shhh

Dear Ilia - Top 10 here is a great start to your intl Sr career. Now go to Jr Worlds & slay!!!

Last edited:

Karen-W

I didn’t realise this was his last event, good for Vincent :40beers:
He hasn't said yet whether he's retiring or not - he did mention in the pre-Worlds press call that the new SCOB facility was an option (and it it is - it's only about 30 min from Providence), so he might continue. I'd actually not mind that at all because I'd like to see what the Letovs can do with helping him improve his technique. We'll see. :cool:

VGThuy

He hasn't said yet whether he's retiring or not - he did mention in the pre-Worlds press call that the new SCOB facility was an option (and it it is - it's only about 30 min from Providence), so he might continue. I'd actually not mind that at all because I'd like to see what the Letovs can do with helping him improve his technique. We'll see. :cool:
You think the Letovs can help?

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
well shoot, I woke up just in time for Shoma to get his marks. Quick look at the standings - very happy for Vincent :cheer2: Can't wait to watch.

Also - Shoma has a much deeper voice than I expected :lol:

SkateFanBerlin

I totally agree. Right now, the decision between Euler vs Step-Out is the tech panel’s discretion, which leads to most panels giving skaters the benefit of the doubt. There needs to be a more defined expectation for the Euler. So many more skaters need to be given the +SEQ penalty for Eulers that are actually just step-outs/step-overs.
I particularly dislike the euler used to set up 3S. Both feet resting on the ice and then the jump. Definitely a sequence.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
I don’t think so, actually. Watching him live, he fills the arena and skates with more speed and fluidity than just about any of the skaters who preceded him. I’d have him higher than the other two US men and certainly the likes of Morisi on PCS.
Good to know that! Skaters can be quite different live (I usually attend live). I have not seen Ilia live.
Lambiel: "They all laughed at me, but now revenge is at hand!"
He has more than proven his coaching skills taking Shoma from a splat fest to world champion.
Very satisfied with this men’s podium.
Me too!! This has been a great worlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information