2022 US Adult Sectionals and Nationals

Sylvia

Happy 2023! :)

MarciajsR

I am going. Wouldn't miss seeing my annual friends who are there,

Plan to bring a light entertainment mime program back which I did for only one year. My coach said she did not think I could skate it. I then told her I would have our local choreographer help me with it and modify it if needed. Not much change except at the end when I intentionally fall down, I changed it to a collaspe.

The change was not needed for the fall, which I relearned to do safely, but with my difficulty getting up at age 76 of getting up in a way that would look like it was intentional to fall. I just can't pop up gracefully anymore!!:ROFLMAO::violin:

ioana

Will be there for silver freestyle at Sectionals, even though it's pretty clear am nowhere near ready. Quest to only get one time deduction in my freestyle program is on :lol:. Also, it would be nice to get a CSSp1 called this time around. That's literally it for goals. Making it out on the ice is good enough considering my main rink only opened again in October -and we haven't had all the ice time we did pre-cov!d.

GarrAargHrumph

I can kill you with my brain
I'm also not "ready" for sectionals, but I'll be there. Like you, my ice time has been constrained due to changes due to Covid - I used to skate four times per week, and now I skate once. So it will be what it will be.

ioana

Like you, my ice time has been constrained due to changes due to Covid - I used to skate four times per week, and now I skate once. So it will be what it will be.

We can be 'being here is victory enough!' buddies. Actually, your ice time cutback sounds way worse than mine, so I am very impressed you're competing :cheer:

Theoreticalgirl

your faves are problematic
Where do the judges sit at the Haverford Skatium? I want to make sure I’m practicing my program in the right direction.

They are seated on the opposite side of the audience, which is the right side of the rink. That's where the music control and hockey boxes are located.

Not going to be at Sectionals as either a competitor or spectator—indoor event with no proof of vax? Hard pass—but wishing everyone the best of luck and that y'all escape ick-free.

WOULDACOULDARETURNS

I’ll be at Sectionals, supporting a friend who is competing in Gold fs. I wish there was a way to identify FSUers at the competition, so I could cheer them on. We need a secret handshake or FSU gear. FSU water bottles, warm-up jackets…so many possibilities! We’re arriving Friday afternoon, so I’ll just start clapping for everyone then. Best of luck to you all. Skate great and have fun!

Theoreticalgirl

your faves are problematic
Just a quick note for those coming to Easterns:

Haverford Skatium is located in Delaware County. If you are doing anything in Philadelphia (where I live), it is its own county. It may be useful to keep this in mind for C19 guidance and protocols.

Sylvia

Happy 2023! :)
Press release:
“Video from all events will be available on-demand on Fan Zone after the conclusion of the events.”

Easterns is underway today - starting orders/results page: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2022/28739/index.asp

Midwesterns starting orders/results page: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2022/28747/index.asp

Pacific Coast starting orders/results page: https://ijs.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2022/28744/index.asp

Last edited:

livetoskate

How nice to see some familiar names of competitors that I used to see at adult competitions 15+ years ago (including my 2006 natls. roommate!). Here is an article about one of the master's level skaters:

purple skates

Shadow Dancing
How nice to see some familiar names of competitors that I used to see at adult competitions 15+ years ago (including my 2006 natls. roommate!). Here is an article about one of the master's level skaters:
I was looking through the names - so many I don’t know, but I’ve been at this almost twenty years and there’s few left that were around when I started adult skating. (It’s all good, though 🙂)

livetoskate

I was looking through the names - so many I don’t know, but I’ve been at this almost twenty years and there’s few left that were around when I started adult skating. (It’s all good, though 🙂)
I'm still FB friends with some of my old competitors who have quit skating. Definitely having kids makes it tough to keep skating on a regular basis. With my son starting skating and all the family activities, I'm not even sure if I will go back to having lessons and competing again. It's fun, but time-consuming plus another expense. Good luck if you are competing this weekend!

GarrAargHrumph

I can kill you with my brain
We get to drive to PA in the snow tomorrow. I'm trying to time the drive so that I get to PA before the worst hits, but I'm not sure when that is, exactly. I think I can get there by 1:30pm. It's going to be worse at home than in PA, so there's that, at least. Any weather forecasts for the area of the competition? I've been looking at the weather.com app, but that doesn't say when the storm will really hit, just when the snow starts.

purple skates

Shadow Dancing
I'm still FB friends with some of my old competitors who have quit skating. Definitely having kids makes it tough to keep skating on a regular basis. With my son starting skating and all the family activities, I'm not even sure if I will go back to having lessons and competing again. It's fun, but time-consuming plus another expense. Good luck if you are competing this weekend!

Thanks! I’m passing on Iowa. I only do solo dance now and entry fees/flights are way too high. Saved the $$ for AN.

ioana

In case you ever wanted to see the thought bubbles of a panicked, locked-knee skate here they are :rollin: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information