2022 Russian Nationals Opening Ceremony & Pairs SP

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I don't agree with T/M in 3rd. I'd have them behind P/Kh, especially with the aborted lift.
But then again...I really don't like T/M, so I am biased.
P/K had a mistake on a sbs jump.

T/M did not have an aborted lift. They did the lift but came down too early, before completing the planned number of rotations. They lost some GOE on it. An aborted lift would have given them zero.

The placements are correct.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Judging by the video, I agree. I think her foot came close but didn't touch. Ted also did not call anything out there.

And yes, it's not an aborted lift, it's a lift with fewer rotations than normal. They completed 2 rotations before it came down. So, a level downgrade, not a total loss of points.
His hand was too far forward on her stomach when he went to change positions and rotations. When he tried to reposition, it threw the center of balance off and he had no choice but to bring her down. Good pair teams make lifts look so easy when they are actually really hard. And dangerous. So, this really wasn't his fault. He did what a pair man is supposed to do and protect his partner.

Ananas Astra

In the Center of Scrutiny from all Directions
P/K had a mistake on a sbs jump.

T/M did not have an aborted lift. They did the lift but came down too early, before completing the planned number of rotations. They lost some GOE on it. An aborted lift would have given them zero.

The placements are correct.
I still preferred P/Kh to T/M. Their (P/Kh) SP is SOMETHING whereas T/M keep doing their vibrator skates. Looks nice, but doesn't convey any good feeling.

M/G and B/K (who finally have their mojo back, so it seems) are much more enjoyable. Especially M/G. My sister didn't know her story before, but now she does, and is totally on their team.

mjb52

Crimson Peak is awesome. It's scary but I wouldn't call it horror per se. If I - a very very wimpy person about this stuff - can make it through it, you might be able to do it @PRlady - it does have a pretty um naughty storyline though. But power through! Tom is very hot.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love!
Let us hold off that judgment until after the LP, and better still, after the Europeans.
M/G and B/K looked like bigger threats to Sui/Han now.

The same problems with lifts happened in other events this fall. Maybe T/M will be stronger tomorrow?

Hindernisse

Just finished watching the pairs sp on the train to St Petersburg. The quality of the Russian pairs is remarkable. Can’t wait to watch the free in the arena on Saturday. @Ka3sha I hope I get a chance to say hi to you

On another note, the dialogue between Morozov and Trankov at the boards was… interesting. Morozov tried to joke, Trankov didn’t like it at all and told him off for the botched lift with the most undiplomatic choice of words.

Ananas Astra

In the Center of Scrutiny from all Directions
On another note, the dialogue between Morozov and Trankov at the boards was… interesting. Morozov tried to joke, Trankov didn’t like it at all and told him off for the botched lift with the most undiplomatic choice of words.
I just saw it as a meme on Instagram :rofl:

Carolla5501

Can Russia loan the United States a couple of pairs teams?

There’s a lot of those teams who aren’t to make the Olympics for Russia who would be on the team in the United States. Such great depth

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information