2022 4CC info & entries (Jan. 18-23, Tallinn, Estonia)

tony

But it just doesn't fcuking glide
Since the team travelled yesterday, what good would a sub have done? Nothing is flying out of Toronto today which is probably where the sub would have had to travel from.
There were no subs to begin with. You can argue it now, but SC listed a team with no back-up. What if it had happened a few days ago?

Karen-W

Carolane and Shane too. I don't know if they were on the same plane, or if everyone had weather delays. https://instagram.com/carosou6?utm_medium=copy_link
I'd guess they were on the same plane they were all departing from Toronto. Hopefully the rest of the Canadian team makes it safely!

I saw that the SCOB skaters left yesterday (LuMit, ChanHowe, Ma & Izzo).

I saw an IG post from Camden in Tallinn already which means that Tomoki & Audrey made it (they were on the same flight out of Colorado Springs); and CarPon are in Tallinn already also per Christina's IG. Tzu-Han Ting was flying through Istanbul to Helsinki and her last IG she was on the last leg of her travels to Tallinn.

Sylvia

Rooting for underdogs!
Katie McBeath's IG story 3 hours ago (she & Nate Bartholomay started from LA, presumably with Starr Andrews):
"Hour 30 of travel. Plane 4/4" [final flight to Tallinn]. A weather delay had made them miss flight number 3 and they were re-directed through Germany.

Deanna Stellato's IG story 4 hours ago:
"Montreal-Frankfurt
Frankfurt-Stockholm
Stockholm-Frankfurt
Tallinn?
Current travel time 24 hours"

Karen-W

Katie McBeath's IG story 3 hours ago (she & Nate Bartholomay started from LA, presumably with Starr Andrews):
"Hour 30 of travel. Plane 4/4" [final flight to Tallinn]. A weather delay had made them miss flight number 3 and they were re-directed through Germany.

Deanna Stellato's IG story 4 hours ago:
"Montreal-Frankfurt
Frankfurt-Stockholm
Stockholm-Frankfurt
Tallinn?
Current travel time 24 hours"
Yes, and Thi Ferland posted a little while ago that they're now slated to stay the night in Frankfurt and tomorrow fly to Munich then to Tallinn. Fingers crossed for all of the skaters to make it to Tallinn tomorrow!

Sylvia

Rooting for underdogs!
Update from Katie about 30 mins. ago - they (she, Nate & coach Christine Binder) have made it to Tallinn!

seabm7

I checked the arrival information page at the Tallinn airport. Lufthansa had troubles with Frankfurt - Tallinn. Here is the relavant information.

LH 882 scheduled Jan 17 17:10, but canceled. (flightstats.com says this flight got diverted to Stockholm.)
LH 884 scheduled Jan 17 23:55, arrived Jan 18 01:36

The other flights to Tallinn look OK. I think they had weather problems in Germany.

Last edited:

Karen-W

Lauriault/LeGac and Tzu-Han "Anna" Ting have made it to Tallinn per their IGs! Looking forward to seeing more skaters arriving now that the weather seems to have improved. Hopefully no positive tests as a result of the extended travel delays.

ETA - I assume that means Harris/Chan and LaFond-Fournier/Kam have also arrived in Tallinn since I'm pretty sure the IAM skaters were traveling together.

Last edited:

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
Every skater from the Southern Hemisphere thanks you. Places like Australia and New Zealand have these travel times as ‘normal’ when not delayed by weather.
Agree that skaters who train in Oceania are travel warriors. What would be fair? For every 4 hours in the aluminum tube over 16 hours, add .25 to the TR score?

skatingguy

They just posted from Tallinn that they made it. This Ferland posted that he made it too, however his skates are still in Frankfurt. Hopefully their luggage arrives today!
I'm going to assume that This was auto-correct. Mr. Ferland's first name is Thierry. :)

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I hope the extra long travel time did not increase the odds of anybody testing positive. I cannot imagine going through all those travel ordeals only to test positive and not be able to skate. I realize this year is extreme, but I sincerely hope the ISU looks into having a championship for the Americas, and one for Asian nations. African federations could go to Europeans, I'm really not sure which would be best for the Australians.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!

Sylvia

Rooting for underdogs!
According to their IG stories, Joseph Phan & Corey Circelli finally arrived in Tallinn late afternoon on Thursday with Phan's suitcase partially opened/in bad shape and then both got stuck in an elevator on the 21st floor (Corey last seen on the elevator phone trying to get help!:eek:).

skatingguy

According to their IG stories, Joseph Phan & Corey Circelli finally arrived in Tallinn late afternoon on Thursday with Phan's suitcase partially opened/in bad shape and then both got stuck in an elevator on the 21st floor (Corey last seen on the elevator phone trying to get help!:eek:).
And apparently their Axels didn't arrive with their luggage. :(

Sylvia

Rooting for underdogs!
Excerpted from the 4CC Men's SP ISU Quick Quotes document:

Joseph Phan:
(on travel problems, did they affect his performance?) On Wednesday we were stuck on the plane for 8 hours, just sitting there because they had to fix the engine. And so when we got off, as we were going to fly tomorrow, actually two hours after we left, they flew. So our luggage was still there, for quite some time. So, I think they opened it at some point and then tried to wrap it and tape it, and when it got to me, it was still open, I was scared that I lost something, but I think I lost one piece of clothing, at least it wasn’t my costume or anything. Today it didn’t really affect my performance, to be honest, just my axel was off today, I struggled with it today.

Corey Circelli:
It was a disaster. We haven’t even been here for 16 hours. We got here last night around 7pm and then we were lucky enough to be given 30 minutes on the practice rink. Our first flight was cancelled because in Toronto we had a crazy snowstorm. Which also prevented us from skating so Monday we didn’t get to skate, Sunday we didn’t get to skate last week. We tried to travel again on Tuesday and our bags got lost because there was a 10 hour delay and the bags were here before us so we are kind of going with the flow. We got stuck in the elevator last night we took all the emergency numbers we were on the 21st floor and the doors would not open but we are here in the end.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
We should be so grateful that Estonia federation stepped up and I hope they host lots more events. I visited when I was at Helsinki for Worlds and a few of us caught the Ferry to Tallin and the old town is just beautiful. This would have been fantastic to see both Euros and 4CC.

Karen-W

They should do this every year! Alternating between a European country and a 4CC country to spread the travel burdens around.

Half serious. But only half.
I was actually thinking this also last night! Why not rotate Euros/4CCs between Asia, Europe and NA, and maybe throw in Oceania once every decade?

Theoretically, it would go something like this:

2025 - Europe
2026 - Asia
2027 - North America
2028 - Europe
2029 - Asia
2030 - Oceania
2031 - North America
2032 - Europe
2033 - Asia
2034 - North America

That way, all of the skaters would have the same amount of travel to their continental championships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information