2021 Worlds Pairs SP - Super Spreaders (Twitter's Gonna Shame You)

Sally1214

Well, this has sure been an enjoyable day for me. A full day of skating with a couple of hours off at midday for a long walk in beautiful weather outside (it was near 20C in Halifax ... on March 24th!!). See you all tomorrow .... there's nothing quite like WORLDS to put a smile on my face. :love: Have a great night, everyone.

Cherub721

YEAH!
My mom had to watch the stream with the commentary by Daniel Weiss and Aliona Savchenko and she is FURIOUS because they repeatedly trashed Moskvina for "forcing her skaters to skate to same old, same old classical music" that is not "pleasant for young people" etc. "If you proposed modern music to Moskvina, she'd jump out of the window!"
Interesting, I never knew James Bond is considered classical music nowadays, there he is, right next to Bach, Beethoven and Tchaikovsky.

Weiss is Weiss but did SAVCHENKO really participate in this crap?! :eek:

Louis

Private citizen
6th/7th. We're one-third of the way to 3 spots.

With mistakes. I'm not sure either team would've done better, placement-wise, even if clean. That said, I'd feel a lot better about their chances of retaining their placements if they had a bit more of a lead on some of the teams behind them, in particular Moore-Towers / Marinaro and the Japanese. Clean solo jumps could've given them ability to hold 6th/7th with a net one-mistake advantage in the free.

Karen-W

With mistakes. I'm not sure either team would've done better, placement-wise, even if clean. That said, I'd feel a lot better about their chances of retaining their placements if they had a bit more of a lead on some of the teams behind them, in particular Moore-Towers / Marinaro and the Japanese. Clean solo jumps could've given them ability to hold 6th/7th with a net one-mistake advantage in the free.
True, but none of the teams behind them are known for their ability to skate clean free programs either.

Having said that, I hope that they don't let the pressure of possibly earning a 3rd spot get to them tomorrow. Just go out and skate their best and let the chips fall where they may. They're solidly in position to retain 2 spots for next year and for C-G/L I have hopes that a solid result here and a better placement than their 2019 Worlds result will earn them a little more respect from US domestic judges come Nats next January.

yeslek

I think if K/F didn’t have that double at the beginning that seemed to knock their confidence a bit they could have easily been in 4th/5th (assuming the other teams skates how they did). Being in the first group also played a factor. I thought the GOEs on some of their elements could have been higher had they been in a different group and especially if they weren’t a bit shaken up.

victorskid

Happily ignoring pontificators & know-it-alls
I can't get the pairs short protocol to open. Anyone?
I got it to open partially (no names or score totals) a few times; not to open several times; and to actually open only once. There are similar problems with the .pdf documents of the timed schedules. It's not just you!

ryanj07

I just love Sui/Han, their Blues for Klook is lovely! I could watch it over and over. B/K were great too, I’d be happy with either of them winning.

Skate Talker

Always feel like this song is tempting fate.

It is unfair that they judge pairs by the lowest rotation completed while allowing ice dancers to get separate levels on their twizzles. It should be consistent across the disciplines.

Frankly, I think that the dance teams should be judged on the lowest level the partners achieve on their twizzles. That only changed a few years ago.
So I'm not sure exactly where I stand on the issue of separate marking for dancers twizzles but I think it would be a disaster for pairs side by side jumps. I can see it now - teams where one partner has a reliable higher-scoring triple would plan for one to do that triple and the other to deliberately do a double version of the same jump. One of those unintended consequences of the rules that keep happening. Ice Dance just isn't the same because both partners are always striving to get that level 4.
Ashley has the smoothest sleekest bun in all of figure skating. It looks lacquered.
Shallowly this bun is possibly the main reason that I just can't warm up to this team. To my eye they just come across as very snooty. She appears so much more normal to me when interviewed in fluffs with her hair down.

Immortelle

Loved all of the top three!
I need to remind myself that I’m old enough to be his mother and should not be having impure thoughts about Galliamov😱
I’m running out of patience with T/M though. I hope they get their **** together.
Zoe and Chris were so brave given 23 days of training, hats off to them both.
Oh and GO JAPAN 🇯🇵!!!!!

Sasha'sSpins

♥2018 US Olympic Dream Team! Legends!♥
Just dropping in to say - Team USA 6th & 7th in Pairs after the Short, even with jump mistakes and K&F skating early in their Worlds debut - dare I dream of THREE pairs Olympic spots next year?! 😳

Lilia A

Just dropping in to say - Team USA 6th & 7th in Pairs after the Short, even with jump mistakes and K&F skating early in their Worlds debut - dare I dream of THREE pairs Olympic spots next year?! 😳
It's quite possible. 13 or less means three spots for worlds next year. The third Olympic spot would need to be earned at Nebelhorn in the fall, but I can see it happening if they're eligible for it.

Sasha'sSpins

♥2018 US Olympic Dream Team! Legends!♥
It's quite possible. 13 or less means three spots for worlds next year. The third Olympic spot would need to be earned at Nebelhorn in the fall, but I can see it happening if they're eligible for it.
Yes, I know 13 is the magic number - however, I didn't know about Nebelhorn for theOlympics, but that is within the realm of possibility too! 🙏

millyskate

I wasn't able to watch the end of pairs last night but caught up this morning. I have to admit I prefer Mishina / Galliamov to Boikova/Kozlovskii, they have more spunk. B/K were lovely but a bit boring, I thought. Tarasova/Morozov have basic qualities that shine through and I loved her dress, but they're just not great competitors sadly. And they lack the performing soul of Sui/Han.

annie_mg

Weiss is Weiss but did SAVCHENKO really participate in this crap?! :eek:
To be fair it felt like she was forced to agree with him. She just said that young skaters respect Moskvina a lot and maybe they don't dare tell her that they might want to try something new. And of course it is true that she was always very innovative in her choices later in her career (apart from the nutcracker at the Olympics).

Not saying I agree with her, as always I was very uncomfortable and mad at Weiß's commentary.

zoe111

I wasn't able to watch the end of pairs last night but caught up this morning. I have to admit I prefer Mishina / Galliamov to Boikova/Kozlovskii, they have more spunk. B/K were lovely but a bit boring, I thought. Tarasova/Morozov have basic qualities that shine through and I loved her dress, but they're just not great competitors sadly. And they lack the performing soul of Sui/Han.
Totally agree with this.

Skate Talker

Yes, I know 13 is the magic number - however, I didn't know about Nebelhorn for theOlympics, but that is within the realm of possibility too! 🙏
So has something changed with the last chance qualifier for Olympics? In the past only countries who had NO teams qualified via Worlds could even obtain just a single spot at the Olympics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information