2021 Worlds Men SP - Knowing Me Knowing Pooh

SLIVER

Apparently, GBR judge thinks that Kolyada’s SS are worth of 7,25 and 14 other skaters are better than him.
7,50 for Han Yan and he is truly lucky because only 11 skaters have better skating skills.. :shuffle:

she also thought Aymoz had the best skating skills, overall pcs and highest GOE. In fact he was almost 2 points better than Kolyada on skating skills :wall:

Frau Muller

Proud Puerto Rican-Russkaya!
Well, Yuma was my favorite of the event. I’d give him the big gold medal now.
Other faves, from “total package” perspective:
Jason
Keegan
Shoma
Kevin
Donovan

Sorry but I can’t put Yuzu among them due to his cheesy music and concept.

Nathan? Meh. Not just the tech errors...just big cloud.

Glad that Kolyada made the final group but he better skate that luscious Nureyev LP better than ever. Sorry but I can’t get loud for the tacky SP and green jacket!

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Really? I like Ilia, but his results haven't been spectacular so far.
injury. If he's healthy, he's got a real shot at the 3rd spot. It's been such a strange two seasons with no JGP, junior worlds or GP series and Euro/4CC. A lot of the younger skaters really need these seasoning events. I hope the world situation will let these happen next season.

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Trying to appease the skategods
injury. If he's healthy, he's got a real shot at the 3rd spot. It's been such a strange two seasons with no JGP, junior worlds or GP series and Euro/4CC. A lot of the younger skaters really need these seasoning events. I hope the world situation will let these happen next season.
That would be nice. I hope he'll be healthy.

Tavi

I've been saying this since US Nats a couple months ago. I really expect Ilia Malinin to be the surprise man on the US Olympic team next year and for Jason to be left at home again for lack of a quad.
Based on what happened today, that’s not exactly logical. Vincent, with a 2-quad short program, didn’t even make the FS. Maybe after the FS Jason will fall behind quadsters and out of the top 10. But maybe not.

MacMadame

Staying at home
You say that like it's his fault he hasn't been able to compete against Hanyu...
You are projecting.

They changed the rules so he can't do as many.
I was thinking more of the year where he only did 3 in the Free. It his first year at Yale, I think. And he's added more back since then but if he doesn't do more than Hanyu, there is less room for error. At least his PCS are much better than way back when so that will help.

But it seems like he makes one mistake in the Free every time, often minor like a step out, but if Hanyu makes none...

Hopefully, with Hanyu back, it will help him focus. It helps to have an "enemy".

Daniel is a good skater and more of a risk taker than Matteo. Most days, he'll win between the two because he's more willing to do multiple quads.
That wasn't the question though. It was about preference. :D

Though from what I've seen a lot of FSUers don't think much of Matteo either. 😥

VGThuy

US should assign two of the world spots to Nathan and Jason now (with monitoring in case something crazy happens?) They have earned it based on body of work this quad. We know making the team has been stressing Jason out so take that pressure off him to allow him to work on the quads. Let the remaining people battle it out for the 3rd spot if/when we earn it. Then you also avoid a 2018 Ross miner qualification situation if they would have known they were fighting for only one spot left. Especially since this quad Jason/Nathan are even further ahead than Adam was in 2018.
I disagree. Unless Jason medals here, I don't think he has done enough to get an automatic berth to the Olympics. Sure he could place high enough to help Nathan garner 3 U.S. spots, but I don't think any skater got an automatic berth for just doing that, and honestly, placing as high as possible is just the basic expectation for any skater. Honestly, if he's named to the team, we know his ceiling is low, so giving him a spot would just be fan service (for his fans) and it may not be putting the most competitive men out there a year from now.

livetoskate

You may want to skip the free dance. :shuffle:
I'm not that interested in ice dance, but I'll probably tune in for Chock/Bates and Hubbell/Donahue. Speaking of awful music, I thought Yuma's SP music was weird and cringeworthy with the man's "singing" at the beginning. It was sort of like a program Rika had a couple of years ago with a woman making a bunch of high-pitched noise. Give me Otonal, or any overused warhorse like Carmen, instead of that weirdness.

GarrAargHrumph

I can kill you with my brain
I thought Morissette could and would place higher than Jason with his placed content that looks not to be happening. Mens Team USA looks good to keep 3 spots

I believe it's the case that even if Nathan and Jason total up to 13 or lower, the US needs to send a man to Nebelhorn in order to be sure of three spots, as Zhou didn't qualify for the long.

Tavi

I disagree. Unless Jason medals here, I don't think he has done enough to get an automatic berth to the Olympics. Sure he could place high enough to help Nathan garner 3 U.S. spots, but I don't think any skater got an automatic berth for just doing that, and honestly, placing as high as possible is just the basic expectation for any skater. Honestly, if he's named to the team, we know his ceiling is low, so giving him a spot would just be fan service (for his fans) and it may not be putting the most competitive men out there a year from now.

I agree with you that no one should get an automatic berth to the Olympics, but...there are only three individual Olympic medals, and realistically, only a few guys will be competitive for them. Most guys will not be, however many quads they throw.

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
Is this just for the Olympics or worlds as well?
Ok, if I get it.
3 skaters at this worlds, all make the free, the top 2 total 13 or less = 3 for Os and next worlds
3 skaters at this worlds, only 2 make the free and combined placement is 13 or less = 2 guaranteed spots at the Os plus the chance to earn a 3rd spot via Nebelhorn, 3 spots for next Worlds
And if a country only sent 2 but reached the magic 13, it would be the same as immediately above

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information