2021 Worlds Ladies SP - Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Mask Before Midnight)

zigzig

Rika gets 2 q's but Karen Chen's 3T gets a clean review? Lol frikkin ridic. What a JOKE!

Hm - going through the rest of the protocols...super shady calling here and major inconsistency (at best)/manipulation (at worst) of q's and e/! here :soapbox:

Rika was so robbed here - should be leading by a wide margin :angryfire

Last edited:

mtnskater

Just finished watching my NBCSN recording.

So happy to see all the skaters and impressed how well most were able to perform after such a challenging and disruptive year.

Karen was fantastic and really showed how world class she can truly be. I was clapping like crazy. Keep it up for the long!

Also clapping like crazy for Liza Tukt! Great triple axel and some of the most beautiful jump technique ever. Surprised her PCS was higher than Karen’s though as Karen’s stroking, speed power and spins much better to my eye.

So sad for Satoko whose skating I love.

I was really hoping Trusova would unleash her firepower. So disappointing.

Overall I really like Anna but her bent free leg/toe slamming technique in the jumps really is ugly and distracts from the beauty of her performance. Johnny Weir said she is like porcelain 😄

Sakamoto is absolutely not my cup of tea. Yes she has deep edges and power, but the lack of line, stretch, finish etc. and her kind of rough around the edges style do not appeal to me. I do enjoy her power but I need to see refinement too.

Bradie was a disappointment. She was so confident and solid at Nationals. I really want to see that Bradie in the free! Still she hung on and had a decent placement.

I thought for sure Rika would be in first because I didn’t see the under rotations in real time, but in the replay I knew she would be second. Still great job and glad she is in the mix for the podium.

Lacey

As I said elsewhere, Karen skated beautifully to a gorgeously choreographed program, well coached to keep it flowing.

It was a striking program, every arm, hand and finger, her legs, feet and toes were perfectly placed throughout while maintaining tremendous speed. Great posture.

Tammie Gambill is a fabulous coach. Who choreographed this short for Karen?

kwanette

Fetalized since 1998
As I said elsewhere, Karen skated beautifully to a gorgeously choreographed program, well coached to keep it flowing.

It was a striking program, every arm, hand and finger, her legs, feet and toes were perfectly placed throughout while maintaining tremendous speed. Great posture.

Tammie Gambill is a fabulous coach. Who choreographed this short for Karen?
Drew Meekins

Lacey

Drew Meekins

Great second career for a talented skater, I first saw him when he skated with Julia Vlassov and her dad was their coach.

So impressed, Karen's short holds up over many others. She has turned out to be a complete skater, but a great choreographer and fabulous coach help a lot if the skater is coachable, not all are but Karen definitely is.

Dobre

Wow, Karen. Wow, Yelim. Great start, ladies.

I've been watching the tape of this event straight through since 8:00 a.m. today, with breaks only for watching the pairs live & making meals. Just finally finished the ladies SP at 6:45 p.m. So many ladies.

But this was a fun--and unpredictable--SP.

MsZem

A message from MBM:
"I want to thank everyone for their support and kind messages. Mentally I feel good. I don't have a final diagnosis yet, but the doctors suspect an achilles tendon rupture. I plan to return to France tomorrow for treatment. I want to come back strong."

And on her own Twitter:
Thank you to all of you for the love and support, it means the world to me ! @ISU_Figure @ffsportsdeglace the OC took amazing care of me, and your positive vibes are felt and welcomed 🤍 Forever grateful

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information