2021 Worlds Ladies FS - Lay All Your Loathe On Eteri

Frau Muller

Proud Puerto Rican-Russkaya!
Her technical development is well behind her peers and she doesn’t have Jason like skating skills to compensate. Sending her would be a mistake. As for 2026, if she works hard, why not, but she needs a lutz first.
Ok, I get this. It’s just that it’s important to not take Starr off the radar for various important reasons. I see her on TV a lot and she’s an ambassador for diversity. Building interest among non-traditional audiences.

Karen-W

Ok, I get this. It’s just that it’s important to not take Starr off the radar for various important reasons. I see her on TV a lot and she’s an ambassador for diversity. Building interest among non-traditional audiences.
She can be all that but if she doesn't have the technical goods (and right now, she doesn't) then she shouldn't be under consideration for the assignment.

Frau Muller

Proud Puerto Rican-Russkaya!
She can be all that but if she doesn't have the technical goods (and right now, she doesn't) then she shouldn't be under consideration for the assignment.
Just so USFS doesn’t stop monitoring.

She has high visibility, with Guaranteed Rate ad sponsor, Mabel Fairbanks Award. She was built up more than the average so cannot be dropped.

If, by July-August, Starr isn’t at the Amber-Mariah level, then it’s a no-go.

Last edited:

Yazmeen

Shake it then, shake it now, shake it forever
Just so USFS doesn’t stop monitoring.

She has high visibility, with Guaranteed Rate ad sponsor, Mabel Fairbanks Award. She was built up more than the average so cannot be dropped.

If, by July-August, Starr isn’t at the Amber-Mariah level, then it’s a no-go.
In what alternative universe would USFS decide it's a fab idea to send a woman whose highest placement at US Nationals was 6th, and who was TWELFTH at this year's championship (and who placed last in the short) over the likes of Alysa Liu, Mariah Bell and Amber Glenn to an Olympic qualification event???? We get it; you love Starr. However, she's done nothing to prove that she would deserve a shot like this, and if I was among some of the other ladies who placed higher than her at Nationals, I'd be pretty damned pissed if they sent the 12th place finisher over me for a crucial qualifying competition, even if she does improve substantially over the summer.

This competition is not about "visibility." It's about earning an Olympic spot, and pretty much NOTHING Starr has done in the past has shown she is capable of doing that. And before you overreact, no, I don't dislike Starr. I just think she's far from being one of this country's best skaters during this crucial year and that she she doesn't deserve this assignment, regardless of how she skates over the next 6 months. Period.

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
It would be great for Starr to have some international assignments once that's possible again. Given the stakes involved, 2021 Nebelhorn is not the place for that.
It’s not that they weren’t offered. IIRC, she missed a whole international season in Junior because she didn’t have the required solo jump.

MsZem

Josefin Taljegard posted this on Instagram. Clearly this competition meant a lot to her, and she's not the only one.

Hopefully there will be no further positive tests among the people who were at Worlds, and those who advocated against holding the event will recognize what this meant for the skaters. Especially the ones who may not have finished on the podium, but surpassed their hopes and dreams.

jlai

Title-less
Starr has the technical ability to score quite well in the short program with 3t/3t and 3 loop, going 65-67. She does tend to get urs in the free skate though. Will have to see how she is doing in the summer.

zigzig

Sending Starr to Neb means the USFSA is purposely trying to just get two spots :yikes:I can't believe anyone is taking that thought seriously.

Alysa seems like the obvious choice but Mariah could be decent too (as long as she ditches that dumpster fire ABBA program - what the FUDGE where they thinking).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information