2021 World Team Trophy Ice dance RD & FD - Give My Regards to Broadway

Jay42

Between the click of the light
Why does Simon keep trying to give S/K the Leftovers origin story? I know the Russian Federation can be a lot but splitting teams up is more of a Chinese Federation thing

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Why does Simon keep trying to give S/K the Leftovers origin story? I know the Russian Federation can be a lot but splitting teams up is more of a Chinese Federation thing
Especially because the real story -- that two lovers wanted to skate together and now they're World Champions even though people doubted the pairing -- is actually more interesting.

mjb52

Fell asleep but woke up and watched S/K, will re-watch whole thing in full tomorrow. Great end to the season for Vika/Nikita, have a well deserved rest and enjoy the rest of the competition!

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
Soucisse/Firus CAN

Komatsubara/Koleto JPN

Galyavieva/Thauron FRA

Hawayek/Baker USA

Guignard/Fabbri ITA

Sinitsina/Katsalapov RUS

Sylvia

TBD
FD protocols: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2021/wtt2021/data0405.pdf

Pl.CompetitorNationTSSTESPCSSSTRPECOINDeductionStN.
1Victoria SINITSINA
Nikita KATSALAPOV
rus.gif
RUS
130.1572.1358.029.559.459.709.859.800.00#6
2Charlene GUIGNARD
Marco FABBRI
ita.gif
ITA
124.7569.3755.389.059.009.309.409.400.00#5
3Kaitlin HAWAYEK
Jean-Luc BAKER
usa.gif
USA
110.1659.3450.828.358.308.508.508.700.00#4
4Adelina GALYAVIEVA
Louis THAURON
fra.gif
FRA
106.5859.7246.867.657.557.957.908.000.00#3
5Misato KOMATSUBARA
Tim KOLETO
jpn.gif
JPN
100.8256.3644.467.357.207.457.507.550.00#2
6Carolane SOUCISSE
Shane FIRUS
can.gif
CAN
97.8653.8244.047.407.157.457.357.350.00#1

Team Standing after FD:

RUS (12 points - 1st in FD) 73
USA (10) 66
JPN (8) 60
ITA (11) 47
FRA (9) 43
CAN (7) 37

Peacock's FD replay: https://www.peacocktv.com/watch/pla...-2014716/728a691e-3ad4-3a3c-99d6-bd5799db7371

Vagabond

I get it too but it feels horribly self-serving and selfish of P/C.
As soon as Gabriella Papadakis steps out of the country, she can't go back for the foreseeable future. Why should she do that, especially with the Winter Olympiic Games on the horizon? And as for being self-serving as selfish, please consider that P/C have given G/T the opportunity to win well over $100,000 by competing at WTT.

MsZem

I see the sea
As soon as Gabriella Papadakis steps out of the country, she can't go back for the foreseeable future. Why should she do that, especially with the Winter Olympiic Games on the horizon? And as for being self-serving as selfish, please consider that P/C have given G/T the opportunity to win well over $100,000 by competing at WTT.
That's over 100,000 for the entire French team, not for any specific member. But still a nice payday! :)

MacMadame

Doing all the things
So each of them gets around 10k assuming some is taken out for taxes and for the Fed.

Carolla5501

I get it too but it feels horribly self-serving and selfish of P/C. I think, in some respects, it makes me feel like they are less than - and it's hard for me to explain. I think of the saying "pay it forward" and I can't help but feel like by choosing to not compete at Worlds, they didn't do that. Somewhere, back in their early years, before they were WC and a top team, there were teams before them that "paid it forward" and earned the extra spots that P/C were able to take advantage of in building up competitive experience, etc. That they didn't do this for the young French teams coming up now, who will have to fill the gap after they leave, doesn't feel very sportsmanlike. I can't help but worry about bad karma for them.
I’ll be honest, this decision didn’t sit well with me and I won’t be pulling for them in the future. “Somebody else go out there and get our Olympic spot we’re too important to risk ourselves” is how it came across to me. And I know I’m probably wrong but that’s how I kind of read it

I hope they’re at least gracious enough to thank those skaters who went out there and got them a spot.

RoseRed

I’ll be honest, this decision didn’t sit well with me and I won’t be pulling for them in the future. “Somebody else go out there and get our Olympic spot we’re too important to risk ourselves” is how it came across to me. And I know I’m probably wrong but that’s how I kind of read it

I hope they’re at least gracious enough to thank those skaters who went out there and got them a spot.
It's not like they couldn't go and get their spot at nebelhorn in the fall though, so that's not really fair. If G/T and L/B hadn't wanted to take the risk (although they train in Europe, and shouldn't have an issue getting back to their training bases, so they have less risk than Gabriella would), then P/C would still have the opportunity to get that Olympic spot.

I wish France could have two spots and G/T could go to the Olympics and Worlds next season. But I have a hard timing blaming Gabriella for not wanting to risk not being able to get back into Canada and losing months of training with their coaching team heading into the Olympic season when they're looking for a gold medal.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Is that really the reason now? She said nothing about that when she was on That Skating Show during worlds. Spoke only about personal issues starting from the previous season and training/motivation that they decided to pull the plug and concentrate on the Olympics. I am not so sure it would have been that difficult for her to get back into Quebec.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Is that really the reason now? She said nothing about that when she was on That Skating Show during worlds. Spoke only about personal issues starting from the previous season and training/motivation that they decided to pull the plug and concentrate on the Olympics. I am not so sure it would have been that difficult for her to get back into Quebec.
I was also curious why people seemed to be gravitating towards that being the reason and thought I missed something. Their not being prepared was the reason I had heard BTS at the point they announced it.

Peepsquick

Whatever their reasons and I think there was a number of them, I am sure the decision was not taken lightheartedly. On the bright side, P/C's absence at Worlds opened up a spot on the podium for someone else. I am fairly confident that they can regain spots for France in the coming seasons and they have consistently done it for quite long now. They earned a break, if that is the motivation at all.

Last edited:

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
The Japanese look like World champions after the Canadians. :shuffle:
They are the 5th ranked team in Canada I believe? Not exactly the A team but great experience I hope, but yes Japanese team looking good.

clairecloutier

Bummed for Hawayek/Baker. I loved their performance—such great edges and flow and passion throughout.

Interesting to compare their free dance scores here (110.16) and at Worlds (113.43). Their PCS score was almost identical—50.82, 50.80. (Hmm.) Almost the whole difference was the base value—42.10 to 45.84. They lost levels on a number of elements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information