2021 US Nationals Pairs SP: Lady McBeath Hears the Cheers of Human Cardboard

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Would Chan/Howe have made the final group had she landed that SBS? I’d like to see more of him...I mean them.
I don't know if USFS is going to opt or 2-3-4 or 3-3-3. I know they have the freedom in the rules to switch things around and sometimes do for TV.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Tarah Kayne should skate with Mervin Tran. She’s used to small throws and I’m sure he can throw her farther than his current partner.
Not trying to break up a pair, but I like this idea.

topaz

Tarah Kayne should skate with Mervin Tran. She’s used to small throws and I’m sure he can throw her farther than his current partner.

But Tarah can't jump.

Not sure why Tran did not want to skate with Deanna.

VGThuy

It's not looking good for Cain-Gribble/LeDuc.

Jessica and Brian are my favorite US team. I like Alexa and Brandon but they are lacking chemistry. Also, Jessica and Brian's pair elements are outstanding: Lifts, twists, spins are excellent.
I think it’s nice to have two pairs that have “international” level pairs elements. Before all we really had was the Marrieds with others who could do well enough to qualify for the LP but could miss doing so if they made US pairs-style errors.

VGThuy

I will say this...I effing miss figure skating and really do appreciate all these pairs teams who fought like hell to keep up their conditioning amid the chaos of the crud and just overall being in America to make it to Nationals. It’s nothing short of amazing.

dinakt

Do the US Pairs have two spots for the Worlds (if the Worlds happen)? It's been too long for me to remember...

Amy L

Wait, didn't Tarah Kayne retire? Why would she leave Daniel O'Shea to skate with Mervin Tran? (Please -- no jokes about hair!)

Danny O'Shea retired. Tarah may be with Balazs Nagy. They are currently dating and there's speculation that they are trying to skate together too. He recently broke up his pairs partnership with Girl With Skate Mom Who Yelled at Me in the JGP Lake Placid Thread Last Season.

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Danny O'Shea retired. Tarah may be with Balasz Nagy. They are currently dating and there's speculation that they are trying to skate together too. He recently broke up his pairs partnership with Girl With Skate Mom Who Yelled at Me in the JGP Lake Placid Thread Last Season.
Yes, she did. You just didn't understand how difficult it is to find a pair guy and how much you had to do to keep them. :lol: Which clearly didn't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information