2021 US Nationals Junior Dance

Colonel Green

Credit to them, I didn't detect any signs of them giving up after she fell; there are a lot of senior teams where that wouldn't be the case.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
This music is overly dramatic, but I enjoyed their skating.

mjb52

Do you think it might have a little to do with historical baggage around gender and masculinity? Like even though things have changed a lot, I wonder if the dearth of boys still relates a bit to that and makes it more likely for a guy to skate if he has gotten into it at a younger age with his sister. I don't know, sometimes I think some of this has changed on the surface but is still very deeply-rooted underneath in a lot of places. At the same time, those issues exist in other countries too, not just the US so I don't know if it completely explains the disparity.

Spun Silver

This Russian sounding team is fab! So smooth and practiced to the teeth! Love that Meryl-Charlie rot lift position with her arms in back of her head. Who choreographed this?

mjb52

I feel like most of the way through it was sort of club music enough to work but maybe there was a moment or two at the end that I worried about.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
This is good?
(sorry)

Well, I'm not sure any have ever been "good". The last one in this vein I can recall is DomShabs aboriginal program that everyone hated. We've become too PC to accept such blatant cultural appropriation in ice dance. This is the kind of theme we'd only kill for the likes of our early '00s ice dancers to bring the DRAMA to, lol.

That Russian junior pair program was decent, wasn't it? Honestly, I don't remember.
Honestly, I don't remember about the Russian junior pairs program.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I can't take my eyes off those flappy things that are meant to be a skirt. I hope she doesn't get her blade caught on one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information