2021 US Classic - Women

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
High scores for Park. Sasha will need to land her quads. She does have a 10 point lead though.

Vagabond

This thread has retraumatized me. I attended one of Glenn Close's performances in Sunset Boulevard. Great actress, lousy singer. :fragile:

And don't get me started on Anne Hathaway. Second best bed indeed! :p

At least I will know which Free Skates to avoid watching this season. :scream:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
This thread had retraumatized me. I attended one of Glenn Close's performances in Sunset Boulevard. Great actress, lousy singer. :fragile:

And don't get me started on Anne Hathaway. Second best bed indeed! :p
Very nice English major reference!

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Jumping passes so well arranged. If all goes well she does the three jump combo last. But if she flips out on one of her earlier combinations she can turn it into a three jump combo as she did tonight. Takes a lot of talent to be able to do that. She's pretty amazing even on a bad night. Artistically speaking, the program works a lot better if she brings attack and intensity. She was tentative throughout tonight.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Well, I don't have as much visceral hate for this program as I did last week, so my sleep deprivation definitely impacted my opinion of it. I can see it bringing down the house when/if she skates it clean. But, that's a mighty big if and she is beatable if she doesn't hit everything. Those spins are slow and I'd really love for her to hold that spiral near the beginning just a bit longer - enough to emphasize the obvious musical cue. I'm glad she came over here for this lowkey competition though. She has work to do and this was a good decision because it certainly seems like she struggles with some level of competition nerves.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Park finished within 1 point of Sasha in the free skate. I will wait for the videos.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Still love the music choice. It's obvious this program could be huge for her, even based on the American crowd reaction here.

I think beating Park by only 4.5 points is actually a nice reality check after the test skate domination high.

I'd prefer repeating the 4T, despite popping it today. And the ending footwork needs more energy and face, not to mention the spins.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Average PCS mark was about an 8. I would have expected 8.5, even with the mistakes!
I suspect we are going to see one judge way lower than the rest (or maybe two) that drags it way down. Happens with these small panels, even if I don't necessarily disagree based on today.

ETA- actually they were all pretty much in line.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Sasha won handily with 216+ points but...remember that earlier today Sofia Akatieva won her JGP Krasnoyarsk with 233+ points...in which fewer elements were scored (jr level).

Sasha has lots of work to do but she is tough, spunky & we love her. 💗

🇷🇺 🇷🇺 🇷🇺 🇷🇺 🇷🇺 🇷🇺 🇷🇺 🇷🇺

p.s. Kudos too for lovely Miss Park of Korea. So sweet and sinewy...yet fabulous quick jumper and performer. I’m hooked!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information