2021 US Classic - Women

Flip Jump

Maryn Pierce had a very Jesus-y SP this week too. What the h-e-double hockey sticks is going on in Colorado?
I always find it so unusual when people make comments like this. A few seasons back people said similar things when Karen Chen skated to Lauren Daigle. If people chose that kind of music, it’s there choice and we always want skaters to have some sort of internal/external attachment to the music they skate to.

Amy L

I always find it so unusual when people make comments like this. A few seasons back people said similar things when Karen Chen skated to Lauren Daigle. If people chose that kind of music, it’s there choice and we always want skaters to have some sort of internal/external attachment to the music they skate to.
I would just assume that an International competitor would keep things like religion out of it. If Valieva used praise Allah music do you think the US TV community wouldn't go apeshit over that?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I assume lots of Russian tweens with VPNs are going to flood the site in a few minutes.
What I don't get is why US broadcast stations are unable/unwilling to take $$ from people in other countries to subscribe to their streaming services. I'm sure there are probably legal reasons, especially surrounding content ratings, etc, but it makes no sense to me to restrict access based on geographic location.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I would just assume that an International competitor would keep things like religion out of it. If Valieva used praise Allah music do you think the US TV community wouldn't go apeshit over that?
I don't know what the US TV community would do, but I'd say if it meant something special to her, she should go for it.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Peacock has millions of viewers at any time with all the content they have available, and there are bigger sporting events shown on the service (Olympics last month). I don't think skating fans, even if all of Russia decides to tune in for Trusova, should create issues. The rink? Maybe.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Izzo - Sunset Blvd. Very tense but she’s a very talented skater. Opposite of Venetta, who is so calm.

Karen-W

It’s just interesting because people don’t say much when it’s something like Ava Maria
I think Ave Maria is a little different than contemporary Christian music. That's a piece of music that has been around for hundreds of years. It's sort of like the Ukrainian girl on the JGP who is skating to "Carol of the Bells" - no one gives it a side-eye because it's a familiar Christmas tune that's been around for over a hundred years now.

Karen-W

Looks like someone in Boston plugged their internet cable back in completely!

Whoops - typed that too soon.

Karen-W

Well, that was lovely in the typical, bland Korean lady way.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Very true. They're totally within their rights to skate to whatever they want. And I can choose to express it makes me somewhat uncomfortable.

If it was something like an EDM remix or anything more interesting I'd probably be cool with it, simply because I wouldn't focus as much on the lyrics.

peibeck

Simply looking
Squeaky soprano Edith Piaf cover? :fragile:
Park could be exquite if she actually stretched her arms and knees/feet out fully. The saggy elbows are especially distracting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information