2021 U.S. Club (non-qualifying) Competitions

Sylvia

TBD
Link to the competition thread for Skate Milwaukee that starts tomorrow (Senior/Junior events are on Friday & Saturday): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/2021-skate-milwaukee-july-7-11.108424/

Los Angeles Open Championships (Friday, June 9 to Sunday, July 11, in Burbank, CA) - event info links: https://www.lafsc.org/2021-la-open-quick-links
This competition will be livestreamed for the first time! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMcBZiYVM5k

Starting Orders/Results page is not yet updated - Senior/Junior entries from Entryeeze:
Senior Ladies (12) include Starr Andrews, Hanna Harrell, Alex Evans, Katherine Ong (represented Malaysia in a 2019 JGP), Ellen Slavicek (her first competition representing CZE/USK Prague)
Senior Pairs (3): Chelsea Liu/Danny O'Shea (debut), Katie McBeath/Nate Bartholomay, Kate Finster/Matej Silecky (debut)
Senior Men (4): Sebastien Payannet, Max Lake, Paul Yeung, Nathaniel Chen (who also competes with LA Ice Theater)
Junior Men (3): Goku Endo, Jonathan Guo (Riverside SC/Canada), Henry Privett-Mendoza
Junior Pairs (3 debuts): Cate Fleming/Chase Finster, Sonia Baram/Daniel Tioumentsev, Ashley Fletcher/Aidan Brown

ETA that this is posted on the EntryEeze page (may be outdated info by now but best to check directly with the rink, IMO):
"Each skater will be allowed TWO chaperones and ONE coach. There will be NO general admission due to C0vid restrictions."

ETA #2 - copied out the Senior/Junior event times (subject to change) - times are Pacific:

Friday, July 9:
6:30 PM 7:00 PM Junior Pairs Short Program
7:00 PM 7:20 PM Senior Pairs Short Program
8:35 PM 9:20 PM Junior Ladies Short Program
9:20 PM 9:50 PM Senior Men Short Program

Saturday, July 10:
10:15 AM 10:45 AM Junior Men Short Program
5:25 PM 6:05 PM Junior Pairs Freeskate
6:05 PM 6:30 PM Senior Pairs Freeskate
8:20 PM 9:30 PM Senior Ladies Short Program

Sunday, July 11:
12:00 PM 12:55 PM Junior Ladies Freeskate
12:55 PM 1:25 PM Junior Men Freeskate
6:45 PM 7:20 PM Senior Men Freeskate
7:20 PM 8:50 PM Senior Ladies Freeskate

Last edited:

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Thanks for the links!! I'd rather translate Cyrillic without a computer than try to understand that LA Open schedule. OOF! I have never seen anything more confusing in my life.

ETA- God bless you Sylvia. You are surely a wizard. I saw Int-Sr on every line and my head exploded.

Last edited:

Dobre

U.S. Junior Dance--here we go :biggrinbo ! (Wolkostin & Chen, the Browns, Flores & Tsarevski, Ling & Wein, the Peals, Hauer & Starr, etc.)

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
U.S. Junior Dance--here we go :biggrinbo ! (Wolkostin & Chen, the Browns, Flores & Tsarevski, Ling & Wein, the Peals, Hauer & Starr, etc.)
Skate Milwaukie might be the Junior singles JGP competition but this is shaping up to be the critical event in dance for determining early JGP assignments!

Sylvia

TBD
Is this being streamed anywhere?
Unfortunately not. :(

ETA:

LA Open Junior & Senior Pairs SP is scheduled to be livestreamed starting at 9:30 pm Eastern time (about one hour from now)... I just clicked on the livestream link in my post #62 above and there's a break going on right now until the start of the Junior Pairs SP. I don't think it's necessary to start a separate thread for LA Open - we can just keep using this one.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Senior Pairs SP starting order: Katie McBeath/Nathan Bartholomay, Kate Finster/Matej Silecky, Chelsea Liu/Daniel O'Shea

ETA:

McBeath/Bartholomay kept their "Cry Me A River" SP from last season. 3twist, she landed the sbs 3T/he underrotated/2-footed?, nice throw 3Lo!

Last edited:

Catherine M

I hate to get excited about a team after one skate in the middle of July, but Liu/O'Shea look really good.

And Kate Finster looked like she was skating with some random guy from the parking lot :shuffle:. I know, summer skating and all that but the difference in their outfits was jarring.

Karen-W

Sonia Baram & Daniel Tioumentsev's twist! Wow!!
I was actually more impressed with their chemistry and presentation skills. They'll need to up the SBS jumps to be competitive internationally but they very much have the look of a lot of young Russian teams. I know, he's Russian, but still... Sonia has quite the personality on ice. I hope they get at least one JGP assignment!
I hate to get excited about a team after one skate in the middle of July, but Liu/O'Shea look really good.

And Kate Finster looked like she was skating with some random guy from the parking lot :shuffle:. I know, summer skating and all that but the difference in their outfits was jarring.
Liu/O'Shea definitely looked good. Do we have any idea how long they've been skating together? Seems like it has to be at least 4-5 months based on their basic pair-ness on the ice. Some good lines and definitely some technical chops. No wonder they got a SA host pick even as a new pair! Danny is just right up there with Brendan as far as being one of the best male pairs skaters in the US and it was a joy to watch him skating today.

Silecky looked like he just threw on any ol' sweatshirt for today's competition, lol. There was one point in the step sequence where she space-cadeted and lost her place in it, lol. Summer skating indeed.

PairSkater12345

I was actually more impressed with their chemistry and presentation skills. They'll need to up the SBS jumps to be competitive internationally but they very much have the look of a lot of young Russian teams. I know, he's Russian, but still... Sonia has quite the personality on ice. I hope they get at least one JGP assignment!

Liu/O'Shea definitely looked good. Do we have any idea how long they've been skating together? Seems like it has to be at least 4-5 months based on their basic pair-ness on the ice. Some good lines and definitely some technical chops. No wonder they got a SA host pick even as a new pair! Danny is just right up there with Brendan as far as being one of the best male pairs skaters in the US and it was a joy to watch him skating today.

Silecky looked like he just threw on any ol' sweatshirt for today's competition, lol. There was one point in the step sequence where she space-cadeted and lost her place in it, lol. Summer skating indeed.
I think they have been together about 3 months

Karen-W

Silecky still has no costume today...

ETA - really, I think it's the same shirt he wore yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information