2021 Skare Canada RD - I Guess That’s Why They Call It The (Midnight) Blues

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Skate Canada spending its money on videos about equity, diversity and inclusion instead of putting those dollars toward something substantive :rolleyes:

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Wait, what? Stomping away from where?

It was on the ISU feed before the RD broadcast cut out. Looked like some kind of backstage warm up area. Male skater tossed his ID over his backpack and stomped away while female skater was still putting her sneakers on.

Bigbird

The fact that that scored 85 and mash and FB/S only got mid 70's reinforces one thing about the RD. All you need to do is crisply meet the TES requirements with some appropriate music playing in the background.

This was better than Hubbell and Donahue last week? Frustrated.

once_upon

Believer in woman's right to own healthcare decisi
Dance has traditionally been my favorite discipline-but this year's RD's are killing my interest.

Maybe I'm just tired of skating routines that seem so similar by the teams themselves (like same sequence/steps no matter music) and between competitors (too many from one camp who have similar routines). That goes for my favorite teams too.

Wyliefan

Trying to appease the skategods
It was on the ISU feed before the RD broadcast cut out. Looked like some kind of backstage warm up area. Male skater tossed his ID over his backpack and stomped away while female skater was still putting her sneakers on.
Oh, missed it!

skatingguy

It's Zachary Lagha. I don't think he's stomping, but a false floor on top of an ice surface does make a lot of noise.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
It said "standby for extra feed from ice dance warm up". It was footage from off ice warmup before they competed and it didn't look like stomping away at all to me?

PRlady

Well I hate G/P’s costumes so much it’s biasing me but I didn’t see anything 7 points better than G/F. Whom I loved despite the music cuts. Yes they were a bit older-millennial trying to be Gen Z but they can’t help looking mature in this field.

All these years and even I can see that Piper’s basic skating and edging are average. She’s a great performer but not top 5 in the world technically.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
It's Zachary Lagha. I don't think he's stomping, but a false floor on top of an ice surface does make a lot of noise.
It was him and he wasn't stomping away. If you continue watching you will have noticed that all the teams in the first warmup group left that area and the only teams remaining were the second group to skate.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
They were reshowing the pre-RD warm-up.

Debrah

Piper and Paul were smoking hot and just brilliant out there tonight; they had it all - speed, flair, precision, perfect character costuming, difficulty, Keypoints, shapes, fun, excitement and UNISON - just WoW! confess when I saw it at ACI I was a bit underwhelmed, but I had faith they would make it sparkle by SCI and I am just beyond thrilled with this RD, Love it, adore them!

I am also beyond thrilled for Smart & Diaz, my vote for them to punch their ticket to Olympics! Love both their programs this season and they have never skated better!

G&F were very solid.

L&L were lowballed a bit IMO. S&W Already looking better the move to Moir seems to be working for them.

Anyway a very strong, enjoyable night of RD's from the entire field.

manhn

Elton is in the middle of a pop renaissance with his duet with Dua Lipa (it went number 1 in the UK and will likely be top 10 in NA in January after Christmas.

I don’t see anything weird about GilPoi costumes? Is orange really that unusual in ice dance?

once_upon

Believer in woman's right to own healthcare decisi
Elton is in the middle of a pop renaissance with his duet with Dua Lipa (it went number 1 in the UK and will likely be top 10 in NA in January after Christmas.

I don’t see anything weird about GilPoi costumes? Is orange really that unusual in ice dance?
It is Creamsicle orange-was my first thought.

yeslek

The fact that that scored 85 and mash and FB/S only got mid 70's reinforces one thing about the RD. All you need to do is crisply meet the TES requirements with some appropriate music playing in the background.

This was better than Hubbell and Donahue last week? Frustrated.
This would have been third by far last week…. Their scores were insane for what they did.

yeslek

Well I hate G/P’s costumes so much it’s biasing me but I didn’t see anything 7 points better than G/F. Whom I loved despite the music cuts. Yes they were a bit older-millennial trying to be Gen Z but they can’t help looking mature in this field.

All these years and even I can see that Piper’s basic skating and edging are average. She’s a great performer but not top 5 in the world technically.
I agree!!! They are around 6-7th

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information