2021 Russian Cup Final, Feb 26th -March 2nd, Moscow

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Valieva fell twice which means her PCS could only be at a certain maximum if the judges chose to follow the ISU rules. I believe Russia followed the same concept, so they really didn't have any option in that case (though judge 3 and on one component judge 7 seemed to disregard that).

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Though realistically I cannot imagine a scenario where she makes the Olympic team next year but I sure am going to love watching her try!
I know. I was thinking the same thing, so many 14 year olds are eligible next season. But who knows where we'll be 10 months from now--a lot can change. I think she has a shot at it IF she can get a semi-consistent 4T (at age 25! 💪) and gets an LP that hides her weaknesses and builds more at the end.

Colonel Green

I know. I was thinking the same thing, so many 14 year olds are eligible next season. But who knows where we'll be 10 months from now--a lot can change. I think she has a shot at it IF she can get a semi-consistent 4T (at age 25! 💪) and gets an LP that hides her weaknesses and builds more at the end.
Liza's career is nothing if not a testament to how much things can change on a dime.

rfisher

Let the skating begin

Nothing is impossible.

Vagabond

Valieva fell twice which means her PCS could only be at a certain maximum if the judges chose to follow the ISU rules. I believe Russia followed the same concept, so they really didn't have any option in that case.
What's the cap? I thought it was 9.00, but she got scores of 9.20 9.15 8.70 9.15 8.80.

jlai

Question everything
This competition just goes to show how much success comes down to luck. Alena K. could have been a world champ by now, instead she is sol for worlds. Everything is about peaking at the right time, having the right training environment (including a powerful coach), not getting sick, etc

sk8nlizard

I think this goes to show that there is nothing written in the stone about the Oly team yet. Anything can always happen. Should motivate all the candidates and help keep their dreams alive.
Or just go back and look at the threads from last year about this time. No one thought Alena would be the one struggling the most this year! A year is a LONG time!!

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Apocalypse is here: Liza won PCS today :eek:
Well, once it was obvious who among the “senior skins” was going to Worlds, the judges had to do their job. 😉

THRILLED FOR THE EMPRESS!!!

Kamila still won but WOW MAIIA KHROMIKH.

If we thought we had Hunger Games this year, imagine what it will be like in the lead-up to naming the Russian ladies to the Olympics! All-out War Games?!

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
This competition just goes to show how much success comes down to luck. Alena K. could have been a world champ by now, instead she is sol for worlds. Everything is about peaking at the right time, having the right training environment (including a powerful coach), not getting sick, etc
At least she’ll always be a European champ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information