2021 NFL Thread

myhoneyhoney

People say Hubby kinda looks like Brady so I guess I'm rooting for Bucs too.

My Niners have the prettiest QB but yeesh, he gets injured All The Time.

Doggygirl

Since this is a figure skating forum after all, can we talk uniforms for a moment? Who on earth is designing the uniforms for NFL teams these days? There are way more bad ones than good ones IMO. Let's start with what the Seahawks were wearing last night. Head to toe neon lime green pajamas. :eek: :yikes: Mr. Doggy commented that it looked like a bunch of giant buggars running around out there! :lol: Rams weren't much better with off-white shirts that looked like they'd been through 100 washes in my hard water.

Tragic I tell you!! :drama: :lol:

The Bears may suck, but at least they look good doing it! :glamor:

Fiero425

Since this is a figure skating forum after all, can we talk uniforms for a moment? Who on earth is designing the uniforms for NFL teams these days? There are way more bad ones than good ones IMO. Let's start with what the Seahawks were wearing last night. Head to toe neon lime green pajamas. :eek: :yikes: Mr. Doggy commented that it looked like a bunch of giant buggars running around out there! :lol: Rams weren't much better with off-white shirts that looked like they'd been through 100 washes in my hard water.

Tragic I tell you!! :drama: :lol:

The Bears may suck, but at least they look good doing it! :glamor:

Speaking of the Bears, there was some controversy that was brewing for Jon Gruden! I kept catching the end of segments saying he had to go, but it wasn't until I just looked to find what it was all about! According to an article, "Jon Gruden resigns as LV Raiders HC - The resignation comes in the wake of a NY Times report that Gruden used misogynistic & anti-gay language in numerous emails over 7-yrs." I'm shocked to $#!t! Some say it was well known, but not to me! I was drooling after the guy back in the days of his being an asst. in Phili! I can't be more disappointed hearing this about him! WOW! :confused::wall::judge:

VALuvsMKwan

Wandering Goy
Speaking of the Bears, there was some controversy that was brewing for Jon Gruden! I kept catching the end of segments saying he had to go, but it wasn't until I just looked to find what it was all about! According to an article, "Jon Gruden resigns as LV Raiders HC - The resignation comes in the wake of a NY Times report that Gruden used misogynistic & anti-gay language in numerous emails over 7-yrs." I'm shocked to $#!t! Some say it was well known, but not to me! I was drooling after the guy back in the days of his being an asst. in Phili! I can't be more disappointed hearing this about him! WOW! :confused::wall::judge:
And racist language as well, though he protests, of course, that he is not a racist.

once_upon

Vaccinated
Why should he not be allowed to be a football coach anymore and to have all his accomplishments erased? It’s too far!
As I understand it, the entire email communication has not and will not be released, just the tone. Plus the Washington Football Team/Organization has had some serious charges levied against the climate of the work environment.

I have to believe it is all related. The legal implications may be the reason.

VALuvsMKwan

Wandering Goy
As I understand it, the entire email communication has not and will not be released, just the tone. Plus the Washington Football Team/Organization has had some serious charges levied against the climate of the work environment.

I have to believe it is all related. The legal implications may be the reason.
Bruce Allen, formerly of the WFT, is the son of former coach George Allen (Sr.) and the brother of former VA Governor and Senator George Allen (Jr.) of racist "macaca" fame. Surely no racism or other loathsome behavior possible in that situation involving the organization of that team whose former racist nickname shall remain unwritten.

Doggygirl

Gruden's e-mails were bad enough. And what about the other NFL executives/operatives that RECEIVED these e-mails and apparently thought they were OK? Maybe some of the recipients responded back to Gruden about the offensive nature of his messages. But nothing like that has been mentioned by the people who have reported about the emails. So...I sadly assume Gruden is just one small cog in a much larger wheel - a culture of racism, misogyny and homophobia. Very sad. I hope some positive change can come out of all this.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
ITA @Doggygirl . The NFL came out and said they reviewed the emails and no one else engaged in that language. AS IF! They are being appropriately roasted on Twitter.

Doggygirl

ITA @Doggygirl . The NFL came out and said they reviewed the emails and no one else engaged in that language. AS IF! They are being appropriately roasted on Twitter.

I suspect the outing of Gruden's e-mails is like pulling a loose thread on a sweater. I think the sweater is going to start falling apart. I think more will be revealed. I think "when" rather than "if."

NFL: "there are no other inappropriate emails..."

New York Times: "we'll see about that..."

Brandon Staley (Chargers HC) has thoroughly impressed me with his comments on this, as well as other things in the NFL. For anyone reading here who hasn't heard him speak on various issues, here is a link to get you started. He is definitely worth a listen IMHO! https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2021/10/14/22725796/jon-gruden-emails-chargers-brandon-staley

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information