2021 GP Italia RD - Rhythmless Nation

becca

The judging panel for dance in the Team Event does NOT favor the Russians at all. Of course, PapCiz aren't competing in the team event so it's hard to say how those results will impact the regular ice dance event.
I don’t think the Russians need crazy judging to win the team event

Bigbird

Thoughts on the top 5

5. Wang/Liu - Love the program, love the vibes, confidence, and edge quality. IAM used their downtime skillfully to really improve the skills of all their pairs. Could have been closer to Gre/Par.

4. Gre/Par - Love the development they've shown. Loving the confidence, few rough edges but they will develop nicely over the next quad if they continue to work smart. They love working together. Don't see the six points between them and S/B. That is laughable.

3. S/B - with all due respect to their fans they should have been closer to Gre/Par. This programme is a head scratcher for me, it almost seems juniorish. Where are all the choreographers in Russia? Couldn't Morozov have helped? But then again she probably couldn't do it justice. I will not go on and on about her posture and skating skills blah, blah, blah...

2. H/D - all sorts of fierceness and amazingness. One of my favourites of the season.

1. P/C - Practically held my breadth during the whole dance. Could not believe how the midsection has been levelled up. Strong OG contender, they completely understood the rhythm dance assignment.

Looking forward to the FD!

Karen-W

I don’t think the Russians need crazy judging to win the team event
The judging panel for ice dance in the team event does not include a Russian and is very I.AM friendly by most estimates. It will not be easy for SinKats to win either the RD or FD in the team event, and given that the US is strongly in the mix for gold and Canada is fighting for bronze, every point they can both gain in dance is critical, pushing the Russians down to 3rd is in both their interests.

becca

The judging panel for ice dance in the team event does not include a Russian and is very I.AM friendly by most estimates. It will not be easy for SinKats to win either the RD or FD in the team event, and given that the US is strongly in the mix for gold and Canada is fighting for bronze, every point they can both gain in dance is critical, pushing the Russians down to 3rd is in both their interests.
Except for the fact that Canada and the US are fighting for a medal in dance it’s likely Canada’s only individual medal opportunity it’s not in Canada interest to have the US teams pushed high a few days before.

The Russian team is stronger than the US team. The US is fairly week in pairs Even Japan has a better pairs team. Of course who knows with the Russian men lol but I think the Russians are overall stronger.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Haven't been able to watch any of the ice dance in full for the previous two events.

Wow.

Some of these first group rhythm dances could go viral for all the wrong reasons.

VGThuy

Except for the fact that Canada and the US are fighting for a medal in dance it’s likely Canada’s only individual medal opportunity it’s not in Canada interest to have the US teams pushed high a few days before.

The Russian team is stronger than the US team. The US is fairly week in pairs Even Japan has a better pairs team. Of course who knows with the Russian men lol but I think the Russians are overall stronger.
You say even Japan has a stronger pairs team as if Japan is weak. That pairs team is pretty incredible and beat the reigning World bronze medalists and Russian team at Skate America…the Americans aren’t the strongest in pairs but they’re capable of decent scores. The Russians are gold favorites but don’t be surprised if they don’t run away with it.

becca

You say even Japan has a stronger pairs team as if Japan is weak. That pairs team is pretty incredible and beat the reigning World bronze medalists and Russian team at Skate America…the Americans aren’t the strongest in pairs but they’re capable of decent scores. The Russians are gold favorites but don’t be surprised if they don’t run away with it.
Obviously the Japanese team is great however historically the Japanese have not had great pairs teams and that’s what I meant by that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information