2021 GP Italia RD - Rhythmless Nation

Karen-W

I'm more convinced that Sin/Kats are going to Lobacheva/Averbukh their way up this season and it might work this time against another French team poised for gold.
Maybe? I suppose it's possible that Russia has sacrificed even StepBuk politically to grab gold for SinKats but I.AM and the FFSG are going in equally hard for PapCiz.

VGThuy

P/C are better than A/P. Then again, that probably won't matter.

G/P had the highest BV. Nats between them and H/B will be interesting.
And Sin/Kat are better than L/A. A/P were MILES away from from both L/A and FP/M and well...:shuffle:. Who knows? Maybe P/C will win against all odds. Last time, an ice dance team won gold despite another team being set up for gold. ;)

Interesting that G/P had the highest base values. That would have made a huge difference with the last Olympic cycle's judging system where the calls really determined the placement.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Interesting protocol observation (for me anyway). Base value TES was .01 higher for P/C. This because P/C got PStW2+PStM4 for 7.71 while H/D got PStW3+PStM3 for 7.70. All other elements were the same levels.

Random thought. I don't like the lifts in these RDs for both H/D and P/C. H/D's for me breaks the momentum they create even though I know it marks the start of the blues section. And P/C's curve lift has been done to death by them and for me a cop out in this style of RD.

VGThuy

Maybe? I suppose it's possible that Russia has sacrificed even StepBuk politically to grab gold for SinKats but I.AM and the FFSG are going in equally hard for PapCiz.
East v. West. I read from other posters on FSU that the team event is set up against the Russians, but we'll see...

TheresMaude

Interesting that Green/Parsons had the highest base value. Can anyone explain why their MiSt was a level higher than the other top teams? Can you tell just from watching on TV/phone?

Karen-W

East v. West. I read from other posters on FSU that the team event is set up against the Russians, but we'll see...
The judging panel for dance in the Team Event does NOT favor the Russians at all. Of course, PapCiz aren't competing in the team event so it's hard to say how those results will impact the regular ice dance event.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
No lady here was able to successfully/convincingly do the Xf-LBI-Tw —> RBO —> LFO key point in the Midnight Blues pattern!
The third keypoint is actually the Man's. The 3rd and 4th keypoints are asynchronous. They go in order performed, and if simultaneous, the order is women then men.

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
And Sin/Kat are better than L/A. A/P were MILES away from from both L/A and FP/M and well...:shuffle:. Who knows? Maybe P/C will win against all odds. Last time, an ice dance team won gold despite another team being set up for gold. ;)

Interesting that G/P had the highest base values. That would have made a huge difference with the last Olympic cycle's judging system where the calls really determined the placement.
I’m sorry. I am an ice dance fan and cannot read this without getting a headache. Fewer initials, please, especially when discussing 6 different teams.

VGThuy

I’m sorry. I am an ice dance fan and cannot read this without getting a headache. Fewer initials, please, especially when discussing 6 different teams.
Hey, somebody else started it. I was responding in kind.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
The judging panel for dance in the Team Event does NOT favor the Russians at all. Of course, PapCiz aren't competing in the team event so it's hard to say how those results will impact the regular ice dance event.
If everyone skates clean, SinKats coming in third in the RD in the team to then vault up over PapCiz to first in the ice dance event would be a debacle.

Debbie S

Well, V/M were better than S/K....but I think the results may have been different if Gabby's top hadn't malfunctioned. Her current costumes look very secure...phew.

skatingguy

Interesting that Green/Parsons had the highest base value. Can anyone explain why their MiSt was a level higher than the other top teams? Can you tell just from watching on TV/phone?
Green/Parsons, and their coaching team, have a history of very good, clean, technical content making it easy for the technical panel to give the levels. In this case, without a break down from the technical panel, it's difficult to know where the difference in level came from because it is so easy to lose a level if one partner dirties just one turn in the sequence. I would think that the top teams are more focused on performance this time of year, and will work on cleaning up the footwork for the Championship events later in the season.

skatingguy

If everyone skates clean, SinKats coming in third in the RD in the team to then vault up over PapCiz to first in the ice dance event would be a debacle.
You think that they'll be 3rd behind the US, and Canada in the Ice Dance portion of the Team Event?

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
The third keypoint is actually the Man's. The 3rd and 4th keypoints are asynchronous. They go in order performed, and if simultaneous, the order is women then men.
Yup, thank you, I just realized I flipped it!

I’m guessing it’s issues with the change of edge before the rocker during the swoop.

Bigbird

I’m so impressed anyone can actually see this in real time.

I’m an H/D fan but I admit Zach gives off gimme-a-beer vibes. Fine for this RD but can imagine him doing Swan Lake?
The RD isn't a waltz the last time I checked. So he should be alrightie. :).

But side note Stepanova still cannot skate, has no clue what hip hop is, but she is very, very pretty.

Ka3sha

The Russian commentators and ice dance alums seem to not like H/D for whatever reason. Them and Carol Lane, haha.
And it’s totally okay not to like one team or another, but it’s not okay to criticize them simply because you don’t like their looks or believe that Madi is heavy and should lose some weight. It’s also not okay to compare them to disable people (hello, Kostomarov).

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
I’m so impressed anyone can actually see this in real time.

I’m an H/D fan but I admit Zach gives off gimme-a-beer vibes. Fine for this RD but can imagine him doing Swan Lake?
A lot of the key points are some of the most “obvious” positions of the pattern, I think that’s not just to reinforce what makes the pattern unique, but to make quick visual checks easier.

The man’s left ankle under the woman’s foot in the attitude positon is a hallmark position/shape of the dance…that visual cue can be used to eyeball the man’s RBI, etc.

At least they split up who is responsible for calling the man vs. woman!

Bigbird

And it’s totally okay not to like one team or another, but it’s not okay to criticize them simply because you don’t like their looks or believe that Madi is heavy and should lose some weight. It’s also not okay to compare them to disable people (hello, Kostomarov).
They wish they had a H/D the scrooges. Trust me if they had a H/D they'd be winning EVERYTHING!

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Is there any update on SinKat? I like S/B but I like only half of that team (Bukin). I thought they skated well today but I don't see them beating P/C or H/D in this or any other competition. I actually don't like S/K much, but they would have been more competitive against P/C. I am still happy to see S/B skate today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information