2021 GP Italia RD CLIFF NOTES - Rhythmless Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
Starting Order:

Warm-Up Group 1

1 Carolina MOSCHENI / Francesco FIORETTI ITA
2 Hong CHEN / Zhuoming SUN CHN
3 Evgeniia LOPAREVA / Geoffrey BRISSAUD FRA
4 Katharina MUELLER / Tim DIECK GER
5 Carolane SOUCISSE / Shane FIRUS CAN

Warm-Up Group 2
6 Caroline GREEN / Michael PARSONS USA
7 Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU CHN
8 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON FRA
9 Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN RUS
10 Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE USA

Wedgie Data

THANK YOU :cheer2: to @skatingguy for technical pbp and @pat c for music notes

Last edited:

genevieve

Staff member
Warm-Up Group 1
maatTheViking: Headbands! Questionable costumes! :encore:

1 Carolina MOSCHENI / Francesco FIORETTI ITA - Miss You (Rolling Stones)/Since I Don't Have You (Guns 'n Roses)/Start Me Up (Rolling Stones)
Hanna: I have totally lost count on both Moscheni's partner AND country swapping. :lol:

Ananas Astra: They don't have the moves like Jagger.

Amy L: Why are they dressed as hippies for disco Rolling Stones/oldies-style Axl?
Doggygirl: Carolina & Francesco's outfits make me want to revive an episode of Rowan & Martin's Laugh-in. :inavoid:

Colonel Green: (((Italian ice dance)))

Rukia: I mean at least I'm enjoying the music

skatingguy: Carolina Moscheni/Francesco Fioretti, Italy
Midline Step 2
SqTwW3+SqTwM3 - negative GOE
1MBB+kpNNNN - Babs will not be happy
PStW4+PStM2
Curve Lift 4
Good energy, but not the skating skills to really sell this program - why the Start Me Up is in there for 10 seconds at the end I'm not sure.

NinjaTurtles: Like I get it, there is a relationship between Blues and Rock, and yes The Rolling Stones were active during the time of Disco, but none of that means doing 70 rock band RDs fits the proscribed rhythms and rules!

2 Hong CHEN / Zhuoming SUN CHN - More [Jimmy Joker][Usher]
maatTheViking: alright I love Chen's/Sun's costumes. They're just very pretty. Especially her dress - I love a good gold dress.

Rukia: Chen/Sun seem a hair slow, but I actually quite like their skating in that pattern. Yesssss now it's picking up shake it kids.

skategal: This is all kinds of Voidy awesomeness. I approve. :cheer2:

skatingguy: Hong Chen/Zhouming Sun, People's Republic of China
Blues: More by Alex Vargas, Hip Hop: More (RedOne Jimmy Joker Remix) by Usher Raymond
Rotational Lift 4
SqTwW4+SqTwM3
1MB3+kpYYNY
PStW2+PStM2
Midline Step 1
I think I'm good - no 'More' please.

Vagabond: Sometimes More is less.

cocotaffy: Really enjoyable RD not very street dance but well skated

3 Evgeniia LOPAREVA / Geoffrey BRISSAUD FRA - The Next Episode [Snoop Dog]/Killing Me Softly [Fugees]/Jump Around [House of Pain]
TAHbKA: Why what Brissaud is wearing legal? In the past the men were not allowed to skate sleeveless. I probably missed the memo when it became legal?

alchemy void: Get your blunts out, folks 😍

Rukia: THIS TEAM UNDERSTOOD THE ASSIGNMENT

Hanna: This RD by Lopareva/Brissaud is great, they skated it very convincingly a week or two ago at Cup of Nice. :kickass: I love the power and speed! And great music! :cheer: Too bad the FD is kinda meh in comparison.

alchemy void: Can these two go to the Olympics? This program deserves to go viral.
Braulio: In 2026 OUI, next year? NON

Braulio: Partial Step Level 4 for her!! and Level 3 for him WOW

skatingguy: Evgeniia Lopareva/Geoffrey Brissaud, France
SqTwW4+SqTwM4
Midline Step 1
1MB1+kpNYNN
PStW4+PStM3 - bobbing my head to Jump Around as a proper child of the '90's should do :respec:
Rotational Lift 4
Is the sound system in the arena not good - I couldn't understand the lyrics from these songs if I didn't know them already - really muffled.

beepbeep: This is what I expect from french ice dancers :inavoid:

VGThuy: Maybe Zhulin understands hip hop more than any of us expected.
MarieM: Nothing here is Zhulin. It screams BOURZAT all around.

jao86: Tech panel is very generous compared to the strict panels at SA and SC. Scores for the top teams should be through the roof.

4 Katharina MUELLER / Tim DIECK GER - Spirit in the Sky [Greenbaum]/Toxic [B. Spears]/Seven Nation Army [White Stripes]
Rukia: This is already amazing

TAHbKA: Am not sure Mueller/Dieck were skating the same programme

Braulio: This is so badly good

Rukia: When I say a program was a hot mess (affectionate), this is exactly what I'm talking about :love:

skatingguy: Katharina Mueller/Tim Dieck, Germany
SqTwW3+SqTwM3
Curve Lift 4
1MB2+kyYYNN
PStW2+PStM3
Diagonal Step 2
Memorable, but lacking the sharpness.

NinjaTurtles: The ending, I’m ☠️

Doggygirl: I love these costumes! And the music! More VOIDS! Shakeography! Was that a fall or a slide? You tell me! Maniacal laughter! OMG I'm in HEAVEN! :inavoid:

Aceon6: I am SO looking forward to Charlie White’s commentary on the French and German teams.

5 Carolane SOUCISSE / Shane FIRUS CAN - What's Love Got to do with It [T. Turner]/Enough is Enough [B. Streisand and D. Summers]
Rukia: I still don't understand this Tina Turner/Scooby Doo mashup

Braulio: Midline step Level 1 Guys... sorry but it looks 'enough is enough' Omen lyrics

skatingguy: Carolane Soucisse/Shane Firus, Canada
Straight Line Lift 4
1MB1+kpYNNN
PStW1+PStM2
SqTwW4+SqTwM3
Midline Step 1
So much promise in this team 4 years ago, and they continue to flail even with the change in coaches. Maybe next season when Gilles/Poirier have retired, and Carol Lane can focus all her energy on them?

thvu: His unenthused clapping and her roll of the eyes. Kind of says it all.

clairecloutier: S/F’s lack of extension in their free legs during the MB was sadly kind of noticeable. Also struggling to keep up speed I thought in the last step seq. They just seem kind of nervous or something. Wish there was more improvement so far under Lane.

SLIVER: After watching the first group you realise how deep and brutal the field was in Skate Canada compared to this event.

Last edited:

genevieve

Staff member
Warm-Up Group 2
TAHbKA: Papadakis/Cizeron are flying above the ice. The rest are just skating

Rukia: I dare one of these teams to wear a color. (Just for the record I typed that before I saw a close-up of P/C) Xinyu Liu is sleeveless though??? :love::love: ...Must edit again because Shiyue Wang has on color too

rfisher: So good to see Stepanova/Bukin back on the ice. I will be crushed if they don't make the Olympic team this time.

6 Caroline GREEN / Michael PARSONS USA - The Knowledge (J. Jackson)/My Lovin (En Vogue)/Rhythm Nation (J. Jackson)
oleada: I enjoy this program but Caroline's posture drives me kinda nuts. And her costume seems to wholesome, LOL.

Rukia: I've always loved his edges.

Hanna: Love that Green/Parsons have two completely different styles in the RD and the FD. :kickass: This was fun. :cheer: Fantastic TES :eek:

Dobre: They're skating with a lot of confidence now. It's nice to see. Pulling together & really looking like a team this season.
(I think the lift could have been stronger).

skatingguy: Caroline Green/Michael Parsons, United States of America
SqTwW4+SqTwM4
1MB3+kyYYNY
PStW3+PStM4
Midline Step 3 - breaking freeze
Curve Lift 4
This team.

mpal2: Sorry Green/Parsons. Not impressed with your Rhythm Nation. It's a lot of bland to what should be a kick-ass crisp movement song.

alchemy void: so yeah Green/Parsons are somehow my favorite USA dance team now. sorry Chock.

Braulio: 75.60!! Personal Best

Hanna: Their faces :rofl: Look completely stunned. And I think she said "what the heck" :lol:

7 Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU CHN - Trouble/Blue Suede Shoes [E. Presley]
Aceon6: Some American street in 1957.
skatingguy: Early Elvis is more dusty road than street, and later Elvis is Vegas strip which is technically a street. :D

maatTheViking: I'm supportive of Ice Dance guys with sleeveless shirts :smokin:

Rukia: Oh my Liu even does a convincing hip roll be still my heart
This program was clearly designed to show off this team's assets (which is Liu's fine self)

Hanna: I love ridiculously how Wang/and Liu have grown and developed over the years. They have become really, really good and always fun to watch with lots of different styles that they try. :kickass: :cheer2:

Colonel Green: These two have managed to keep it together pretty well despite being e-coached for the last two years.

skatingguy: Shiyue Wang/Xinyu Lu, People's Republic of China
1MB3+kpYYNY
PStW3+PStM2
SqTwW4+SqTwM4
Midline Step 2
Rotational Lift 4
Lu going sleeveless - be still my heart - not a very convincing street gang though.

maatTheViking: Unfortunately I don't think they keep up with music?

Baby Yoda On Skates: I have no idea what she did because I was too busy watching him.

Rukia: Everyone collective lusting for Liu is honestly the best part of ice dance PBP threads

8 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON FRA - Made to Love You/U Move I Move/To Love (J. Legend)
Hanna: Did they change the whole blues section??
Colonel Green: Yes, "You & I" is out, "U Move, I Move" is in.

[crickets]

VGThuy: It got really quiet in the PBP haha.

alchemy void: This is kind of boring but obviously 100x better than anyone else.

Baby Yoda On Skates: I need more trash in my ice dance than what P/C are giving here.

Hanna: Screamed my head off alone in my apartment! I have no words to describe how much I love this program. :swoon: They completely changed the music to the blues part but that's fine, as long as they're not changing the waacking to Made to Love, which totally has my heart. 💖

clairecloutier: I love the last half of that dance for P/C. The first half, I find much more typical. Not sure I agree with all their GOE.

thvu: The speed P&C generate is just so easy! The first two keypoints in the Midnight blues, no team has done that better all season! The last lift is not as effective as it needs to be, I hope they change it. They're not getting high enough GOE.

Doggygirl: I feel like the voidy part of the event has now ended, and the serious competition has begun.

9 Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN RUS - Everybody [Apashe/Oaki]/Monster [Mendes/Bieber]
Hanna: OMG yesssssssssss :cheer: :inavoid: Everyboooooooooooodyyyyyyyyyy

Rukia: Noooooo I'm laughing already amazing

alchemy void: what do I have to do to make Stepanova RUS #1 😍

TAHbKA: Stepanova/Bukin are dead slow. they are literally slower than Samodurova

thvu: Stepanova's twizzles are craaaawwwwlllliiiinggg.
Colonel Green: But her midriff looks amazing.

Doggygirl: This is like Ken and Barbie prom queen/king heading out to the gang party. I love them! :cheer2:

Rukia: They're very committed to shimmies and body rolls for a team who cannot do them convincingly (but then most ice dancers can't)

Elisheba: I enjoyed Backstreet's Back more than P/C. I officially have no taste

skatingguy: Alexandra Stepanova/Ivan Bukin
Straight Line Lift 4
SqTwW3+SqTwM4
1MB4+kpYYYY
PStW3+PStM3
Midline Step 2
I'm hearing 'Russian Hip Hop' in Nigel Lythgoe's voice. :D So much sex appeal, but I need her outfit to lose the fringe, and he needs to show more arms.

alchemy void: S/B obviously rusty af but the program is amaaaaaaazing

10 Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE USA - Nasty/Rope Burn/Rhythm Nation (J. Jackson)
Rukia: This is the better of the Janet Jackson programs

Colonel Green: Madison wearing a skirt rather than pants for this program is such a miscue in the costuming.

thvu: Can't wait to see the judges who watch StepBuk and HubDon back-to-back and give Stepanova higher skating skills.

Rukia: Also of note, this is one of the few teams that I watch the woman more than the man (sorry I just really like men). The things she does with her blades is just beautiful

VGThuy: I honestly thought by 2021-22, H/D would have been more formidable opponents to P/C but their skating didn't evolve that way for one reason or the other.

skatingguy: Madison Hubbell/Zachary Donohue, United States of America
Midline Step 2
Stationary Lift 4
1MB3+kpYYNY
PStW3+PStM3
SqTwW4+SqTwM4
Sharper than Skate America.

Cherub721: Really aggressive, pushing out every edge. H&D were definitely trying to send the message they don't consider themselves the #2 here.

Braulio: Good program, 3 points higher than russians technically

oleada: You know what I really need guys? A Spice Girls dance program.

Hanna: I'm loving the RDs this year, they're all so much fun! :cheer: I'm dreading when we will inevitably go back to Latin. :scream: Please don't tell me that's already next year?

genevieve

Staff member
1​
Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERONFRA
87.45​
48.77​
38.68​
9.64​
9.46​
9.75​
9.75​
9.75​
0.00​