2021 GP Italia Pairs FS - A Sui In The Han….

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Uhm, then why were S/H allowed to compete in both of their events? And does this mean that China will withdraw S/H from the GPF?
I don't think they will withdraw from the GPF. China must have different rules for S/H. They wouldn't want another pair win the GPF.

It bothers me a lot that P/J were not allowed to compete in a second GP.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I don't usually like covers. I would have preferred the original in S/H's LP. I did not like this version of BOTW. I also feel that this music does not showcase their strength - the energy they display while skating. It may not make a difference in the end though.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
S/H's skating in this event felt like a cover, too. It seemed flat and perfunctory. Of course, most Pairs would take S/H's flat and perfunctory any day of the week.

I loved Pepeleva/Pleshkov's music. I wish Tarasova/Morozov could skate to it.

allezfred

Lipinski Stole My Catchphrase
Staff member
I think this is a classic case of victims normalising their abuse. Go listen to the original a few times.

How many musicals and singing engagements has Ewan done since Moulin Rouge?
Resistance is futile. :D

Besides the fact that you don’t need to be an outstanding singer to sing “Your Song” innit. But the best bit of the best version of it is when the opera singer comes in at the end. #ChefsKiss

hanca

Values her privacy
I'm trying to imagine being an experienced pair woman, hanging upside down and feeling that lift start to shift sideways and knowing it's totally up to your partner to correct it to keep your head from slamming into the ice. They all have nerves of steel.
Sure, but the male partner can get to the Olympics only if the female partner is healthy, so it is in his best interest to try his utmost best to keep her safe.

zigzig

ugh this program is so BLA for s/h - I'd take riybe for the 800th time over this dribble. they are so much better than this!!!!

and the p/j withdrawal is frikkin MESSED UP. what a bunch of lunatics

clairecloutier

My theory on things is that I suspect the Chinese gov't probably didn't want the Chinese skaters competing at all outside the country this year, to restrict possible CV19 exposure. And that the Chinese fed probably lobbied to allow S/H to compete the Grand Prix as a necessary step toward, hopefully, Olympic gold at home. The rest of the team was allowed to accompany them and to compete at GP Italy, since Sui/Han were already going to be there. But the other members of the team aren't being allowed to do other GP events because they don't have the same medal potential as S/H and therefore it's not seen as worth it to take the extra exposure risk. This is of course just a theory--and obviously I could very well be wrong--but it fits with the overall restrictions on people coming in and out of China right now. (We know that a lot of international flights into China have been canceled, and that they're requiring vaccination of all Olympic athletes, and no foreign audiences at the Games.)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Now I am wondering if all these cancellations of Chinese skaters is meant to save some money? However, this would be a drop in the bucket compared to what they would spend to host the Olympics. They don't mind spending on S/H because they will bring home the gold medal.

I think Claireclautier's theory makes more sense though. After all the crowd originated in China. They must know how dangerous it is and how quickly it spreads.

Bigbird

How is it that Sui/Han don't have their own fan thread? I tried I don't know how to create one. My bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information