2021 Autumn Classic - Pairs

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
This program is infinitely better than the two crap short programs we have seen from them. I suspect Cizeron was lead on this choreography, and it shows with a lot of nice nuances.

Her jumps aren't there and I questioned him getting through triples- the 3T looked short on top of being two-footed.

But this is absolutely a team that could go right into 5th or so in the world this year IF they can get through the lifts, too. There was a big scary moment twice within one lift towards the end.
Really? I thought the SP was more Guillaume?

eta... At any rate I think this is a better program than the SP

honey

Vanessa and Eric also in great costumes. I think I've liked almost every pair's outfits today.

3 Twist, nice
SBS 3T, hard fall from Vanessa
SBS 1S from her
Throw 3S nice
Throw 3Z fall. Slow going in

Well.....that was a lot of beige. The elements will be fine with time. But this program is one of the most generic, nondescript pieces of choreography I've ever seen.

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
James & Radford look good together, both have nice body lines and posture, but Vanessa is really struggling with the jump elements.

I'm also surprised by their music choices. Both the SP and LP are slow ballads, pop-music style. I would have liked to see at least one of their programs be something edgier or more up-tempo.

Immortelle

Rejected by Krasnopolski
Eric very wobbly and slow in the lifts. Vanessa a bit splatty, or was that choreo to the lyrics?

Lots of work needed yet.

Colonel Green

This has been a rough event on the jumps for the pair ladies.

The program is nice, and Eric's lifts (which a lot of people were worried about) looked fine.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
I didn't like that program 🤷‍♀️ They're great skaters, and if they go clean it could be very good.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
:lol: Meagan is killing me.

I confess, I was watching Davis/Smolkin more than James/Radford.

Now, come on my favorite Japanese pair team ever. Win this thing.

tony

But it just doesn't fcuking glide
I know people don't really love this musical selection, but I am happy to see this program repeated.

If you would've told me in 2014 that Kihara was capable of getting to this level, I would've never believed it. They are fantastic together and those lifts (full turns in the opposite direction by him)! Not the most tidy performance here but they still excite me.

honey

Riku and Ryuichi, here's your moment!

3 Twist, really nice
SBS 3T+2T+2T, her's maybe under
Throw 3Z nice!
SBS 2S, she doubled
Throw 3L, maybe slight brush of the foot

I love them! The improvements are very noticeable. They have really nice flow as well. I wish people would stop skating to this music though.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
:lol: some sloppy lift dismounts today kids. My biggest worry is that he's going to get so excited and do something stupid.

slicekw

Will Tech Support for good food.
Japan continues their strong drive to top-two medal at a world team event by developing pairs and dance teams. Recycling their elder male skaters isn't a terrible thing.

Colonel Green

Riku popped rather than fell, to set herself apart from the other pair women today.

This team continues to impress. After they had that great debut at NHK it took them a while to get back to that level, but the results are really coming in now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information