2021/2022 Canadian Pairs: News and Updates

Vase

I think given the way the last two years have went it’s anyones game for the Canadian Olympic spots. I wish it would be mandatory they skate (within Canada) together a few times each season before making Nationals pretty much being the deciding result.
I actually fear the next 4 years for Canadian pairs, there’s clearly been no developed plan to help anyone out. Even our top teams have struggles. And W/M have yet to actually compete, will they attend the next event is the big question or is the strategy not to take a chance in competition and hope for a great skate at nationals

Colonel Green

I actually fear the next 4 years for Canadian pairs, there’s clearly been no developed plan to help anyone out.
I'm not sure what you mean by this.

I agree that there are lots of question marks around what will happen in pairs after Beijing, because none of our younger teams have thus far really managed to break out in a significant way -- but that's something that is, at the end of the day, mainly between them, their coaches, and what their bodies will allow them to do (ever since I learned that Brooke's mother is a former competitive swimmer I've become more concerned as to whether she can remain sufficiently short to continue as a pair skater).

Vase

Just meant I’d like to see more involvement between skaters coaches other teams and Skate Canada. With not much competing going on the past couple years, it has to be tough on the skaters and coaches. I think skate Canada could’ve maybe came up with something other then ‘keep training’
Which I was pleased to find out A good few teams train together in Brantford. But recently heard Zachary Daleman is possibly done skating. Makes me think how many more are on their way to walking away.

And yes Brooke parents are both tall, doesn’t mean she’s gonna be tall, but more likely she will be. With Brooke plagued with injury most of the summer and fall it could be growth related. I see she’s listed for challenge, but wasn’t at the September Performance day, we only have A/A showing up to those along with some junior teams. Guess the October event is soon, maybe Quebec can pull some teams out and strengthen the Senior field

Vase

CBC is streaming the October Hub, with announcers and live scoring. Too bad not many competitors, but juniors P/T scored 40 in junior and A/A scored 59 in senior. If only they could have an actual event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information