2020 U.S. Presidential Election

MacMadame

Staying at home
How does it happen that the libraries go along with the GOP dropboxes? Are they not aware they are doing it? Things like this from outside sources at our libraries have to be approved before they can be displayed, and it seems like they would only sanction the official dropboxes.
They were outside on the sidewalk. I doubt the library even knew about it. Though I hope they know now!

Sparks

Tweet from the Kween

#MyNameIs Michelle Wing Kwan & in Chinese pinyin it's pronounced Guan Ying Shan. It means beautiful, strong and smart. What's not beautiful, strong or smart is mocking ppl for their 'foreign sounding' names. Join me in voting for @JoeBiden @KamalaHarris instead #Iwillvote

Last edited:

b-man

There is just incredible enthusiasm for Biden. Every time he is on TV he gets higher ratings than trump. FACT.
That's because he's been in hiding for 6 months, people want to see if he is lucid and has a heartbeat before they vote foe him. FACT.

caseyedwards

Just my personal opinion - Im not sure how ratings are determined anymore, but suspect with as much as the internet knows about us, it is your TV or device that sends data to a service like Nielsen ratings. 🤷

I understand wanting to hear the actual conversation, not taken out of context or summarized by other news stations, media or even other people. I think, but don't want to put words in @Tony Wheeler mouth, I believe he wanted talking points to discuss the Trump agenda with his friends or acquaintances who support Trump.

I get that - in the beginning of the ********* crisis, I listened to the entire daily Trump briefing on the responses of the US. Every day. I wanted to be able to have the talking points.

For me, it was not about giving Trump ratings or not. To be honest, I could not listen to either "town hall", not just because there was a bit of drama at my house, but I decided I just could not do that to myself. No one hears me yelling at the TV, the ongoing political ads and political statements - I am done with it. Im not sure it makes a difference anymore. The whole world is effed up anyway.

I guess I would say, ratings really don't count. What counts is that people get the information they need. No matter what those reasons are.
You have to be sent a Nielsen device And forms to be counted in ratings than Nielsen extrapolates from that! If you are just a normal person without a Nielsen device or forms what you is not factored into Nielsen at all! Now all cable companies now have a technology of their own to allow people to see what is being watched the most on their service. I look at it all the time! But that doesn’t matter to Nielsen and it’s only for that cable service.

once_upon

Voter
I know how the Nielson ratings used to happen in the 90's. We were one. Including three children who needed help in completing their weekly logs (ie i had to do it, because they couldn't do it).

If Amazon/Google suggests things to me just because I discuss or read or "like" something on a forum like FSU, I know damn well they know what I'm watching.

tony

I know how the Nielson ratings used to happen in the 90's. We were one. Including three children who needed help in completing their weekly logs (ie i had to do it, because they couldn't do it).

If Amazon/Google suggests things to me just because I discuss or read or "like" something on a forum like FSU, I know damn well they know what I'm watching.
For the purpose of television ratings, they go with Nielsen as the service. Nielsen sends people equipment to track their activity.

With regards to Amazon/Google, remember a lot of devices are 'listening' to you and/or connecting browser searches with ad displays.
Television, though, remains Nielsen only. As of last year, it is only representative of 40,000 homes with TVs across the US. I found an article that estimates 120 million homes to have had TVs last year, as example to show how small the sample size is and why certain posters here need to lose the hellbent attitude of 'How dare you do something for Trump!?' and.. I don't know.. get mad at the people actually spreading false info?

once_upon

Voter
I was on what I assume will have been our last family zoom call with my aunts/cousins and sibs. Every single one of us has voted (early or mail in) or will vote for Biden/Harris and the Democrat candidates for Congress in our districts/states..

Even the former Republicans.

I'm sad dad didn't get to cast his vote.

kedrin

I honestly didn’t think people were that serious about telling people not to watch Trump, but that was just my reading.
Thank you. I was agreeing with someone who pointed out that giving attention is what it wants- I never said anyone was a bad person for watching (nor could I find anyone else who did). I objected much more to the way the argument was conducted than to the counter-argument itself. To watch or not to watch- not a hill to die on, for me, in any case.

FiveRinger

Tweet from the Kween

#MyNameIs Michelle Wing Kwan & in Chinese pinyin it's pronounced Guan Ying Shan. It means beautiful, strong and smart. What's not beautiful, strong or smart is mocking ppl for their 'foreign sounding' names. Join me in voting for @JoeBiden @KamalaHarris instead #Iwillvote
Speaking of Michelle...she's combining fashion and politics. I love a good pink neon!!

ballettmaus

If you want all the news fit to print, I sure wouldn't choose the NYT.

If the choice is between those three, I'd chose the NYT hands down. But if it's between the NYT and a variety of others, the NYT would probably not be on top of my list. They've had too many misses these past four years (and I'm not talking about false stories, although, I still wonder where the headline that the FBI sees no connection between Trump and Russia came from).

When reliable and serious news outlets in foreign countries report the same news as the NYT, CNN, WaPo etc in their own language, coming from their own correspondents and/or researchers, I tend to believe that what the NYT, CNN, WaPo etc report is likely true.

canbelto

VGThuy

I’ve seen some Biden-Harris signs saying for any sign they stole $25 will go towards Planned Parenthood or other orgs that would irk the vandals. Funny how freedom of speech issues have been framed against “the left” and then to see this play out. I mean I’m not surprised in the least and find it all too predictable. In the Viet community, you see old men slapping younger women (those they think they can bully) for being Biden supporters and demanding they “sit down” or “kneel down” and obey. **** that shit.

MacMadame

Staying at home
All this angst over signs is interesting. Apparently, they did a study that found that signs don't make that much difference. It might in a close race but it only moves the needle 1.7% so most races aren't decided by signs.

The study didn't compare not having them at all to having them though.

VGThuy

All this angst over signs is interesting. Apparently, they did a study that found that signs don't make that much difference. It might in a close race but it only moves the needle 1.7% so most races aren't decided by signs.

Right? It’s really now about aligning their whole personality to Trump and cult of Trump. If he loses and say, loses big, it’s like every fear and insecurity they have about themselves comes true. That’s why they can’t bear seeing signs or even news from the opposition.

CaliSteve

I agree that signs don't really affect the outcome of an election, but they are triggering to a lot of folks.

Last edited:

CaliSteve

Disappointed sleepy Joe not asked about the Hunter Biden laptop that has surfaced, given to the New York Post and the FBI, who seem to have buried it. The hard drive has been copied, and a number of media and conservative sources have access. Some sources are confirming it is legitimate, despite the MSM efforts to label it as Russian disinformation. It contains tens of thousands of emails, as well as compromising photos of Hunter. Early facts show Burisma pressured board member Hunter to get father Biden to protect the company, and Joe complied by getting a Ukranian prosecutor, investigating Burisma, fired. Nice to know a US Vice President was acting on behalf of a foreign company to increase the family earnings. It also appears, while Biden was selling his office for the benefit of his family, family members were required to kick back 50% of their ill gotten earnings to Joe. More illegal activity from the Biden crime family likely to follow. The MSM will try to ignore, bury, discredit this for the next 2 weeks. They have got their work cut out for them.

That story is false and it was proven to be false.

Whenever I hear "Biden crime family" I laugh. Its another trumpturd projection thing.

once_upon

Voter

I wouldn't trust Sasse any farther than I could throw a tennis ball. And that isn't far. (remove the S and the e...what do you get? Yep)

S-ASS-E could say he was voting for Biden and still get elected. Because a) he is a Republican and b) the Democrat running against him is an ass, effed up with sexual texts to one of the staff office.

Basically Nebraska has the choice if an ass or an ass.

MsZem

I wouldn't trust Sasse any farther than I could throw a tennis ball. And that isn't far. (remove the S and the e...what do you get? Yep)

S-ASS-E could say he was voting for Biden and still get elected. Because a) he is a Republican and b) the Democrat running against him is an ass, effed up with sexual texts to one of the staff office.

Wouldn't it be accurate to say that Sasse could run against Ronald Reagan brought back to life and win, so long as Reagan had a D next to his name?

CaliSteve

He also could have made these statements during the primaries when he was in a competitive race. Sasse also asked and received an endorsement from Trump.

I will say that Sasse is a decent man, one of the better ones on the hill. I believe he really means what he says about Trump. It just comes off as a calculated move to cover his tracks, as well as the Senate Republicans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information