2020 U.S. Presidential Election

rfisher

Let the skating begin
He's so full of it. He didn't have a problem with them when they were pacifying him while he was doing The Apprentice.

NBC is not obligated to participate in a town hall for Trump. It isn't sanctioned by the debate council. He's got bigger problems, starting with the $500 million Biden has in his coffers to spend on himself and the rest of the Democratic Party. There will be enough commercials on TV of Biden on every channel, including Fox, that Trump will lose his mind. I can't wait.

ETA: I'm torn. I can't stand Trump. I'd prefer to watch Biden's town hall. But Trump is such a train wreck. I can't help but be curious about the stupid sh*t that is bound to fall out of his face tonight....lol
Do not watch. Do not give him the satisfaction of ratings!!!! Anything he says will be all over social media, but he is a ratings junkie. Don't enable him.

tony

I’m watching both. Trump is doubling down on saying he knew about the severity of CV but didn’t want to scare people, and that there’s conflicting news about wearing masks. Guthrie is constantly interrupting him with reminders.

Biden just awkwardly stumbled around a long answer to a young Black man and I’m 99% sure the first thing he said to him will be a big quote out of tonight not in a good way.

tony

Well they are asking Biden hard questions and he's answering them.

Who cares what Trump has to say?
You think the most important undecided voters are only listening to one? I’d venture to say that most of the undecided, if they haven’t given up on Trump by now, are very curious to see what he has to say.

tony

All she has done in interrupt him. He’s being incredibly nice about it
I am not a fan of Trump in the slightest, but she really is talking over him with almost everything he has to say. Does he need to be called out with facts? Yes. But so far he hasn’t even finished a complete thought and she’s already full-force.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
You think the most important undecided voters are only listening to one? I’d venture to say that most of the undecided, if they haven’t given up on Trump by now, are very curious to see what he has to say.
I don't think there are any undecided voters at this point. Trump isn't going to say anything he hasn't been saying for 4 years. With social media platforms, I cannot believe there is anybody who isn't acutely aware of Trump's position on anything. They may say they're undecided, but if you listen to them for two minutes, they aren't. Four years ago, maybe, but not know. Everybody knows exactly where the incumbent is.

caseyedwards

I am not a fan of Trump in the slightest, but she really is talking over him with almost everything he has to say. Does he need to be called out with facts? Yes. But so far he hasn’t even finished a complete thought and she’s already full-force.

Exactly. This is what is happening. Would it be different if Rachel maddow was hosting?

tony

Stephanopolous is equally grilling Biden about being transparent with the court stacking, but he repeatedly just said that we will have to wait.

Trump is saying that Coney Barrett will make a great decision regarding Roe v. Wade.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I don't know what people think Biden can say about the courts? The only way to save women's reproductive rights, LGBTQ and health care is to elect a legislature that will enact new laws because the current laws are going to be repealed by the SC. He could pack the court and it won't matter with regard to cases that come before the court between now and January 23. I absolutely agree there should be a term limit on the justices. The key now isn't the court. That's gone. It's the Senate and the House who will draft new laws. The courts don't make legislation. The Congress does and that's as important as the POTUS.

FiveRinger

I turned Trump off when he said he didn't remember whether or not he took a ********* test on the night of the debate. The biggest lie of the year. I'm sure I had smoke coming out of my ears. Then my sister called and I didn't get a chance to turn on Biden.

tony

I turned Trump off when he said he didn't remember whether or not he took a ********* test on the night of the debate. The biggest lie of the year. I'm sure I had smoke coming out of my ears. Then my sister called and I didn't get a chance to turn on Biden.
Biden is still going, Trump was only an hour.

FiveRinger

To you and others: Why are you watching Trump?
I admitted that I was watching purely to satisfy my own curiosity, and for a little amusement. He always says something completely off the rails. But I couldn't handle it. The lies tonight were too much, too serious to take as fodder. I was pissed after 10 minutes and turned it off. Shame on me.

ballettmaus

Trump has thoughts? :p And if he's fact-checked, don't blame the moderator. It's not her fault that every word that comes out of his mouth is a lie.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Biden just said, the first thing he'd do as POTUS is revoke the executive orders Trump has put into place with regard to LGBTQ rights. Lord knows he'll spend the first year just undoing the damage that's been done before he can even start working with Congress to move forward. And, I do believe he'll attempt to work with Congress. He's not Trump.

caseyedwards

To you and others: Why are you watching Trump?

You know it’s going to be the main focus of all stories and how much of a catastrophic disaster it was for Trump! So you can wait for clips on all the shows or watch it live
I don't know what people think Biden can say about the courts? The only way to save women's reproductive rights, LGBTQ and health care is to elect a legislature that will enact new laws because the current laws are going to be repealed by the SC. He could pack the court and it won't matter with regard to cases that come before the court between now and January 23. I absolutely agree there should be a term limit on the justices. The key now isn't the court. That's gone. It's the Senate and the House who will draft new laws. The courts don't make legislation. The Congress does and that's as important as the POTUS.
The way it works is if the supreme court gets an abortion case in 2022 and Biden signs is Supreme Court fairness bill before the 2022 term Begins he will appoint 6 Supreme Court Justices to hear that case. Right now there is no roe vs wade case At all. So if one comes after Biden appoints six justices then that’s a pro roe court

tony

Trump has thoughts? :p And if he's fact-checked, don't blame the moderator. It's not her fault that every word that comes out of his mouth is a lie.
Now, how would you know what he said unless you actually watched? By sake of reading an article afterwards? That’s fine, but I’d rather deal with ‘OMG communism is coming’ Miami people by giving specific examples of what Trump did or said tonight.

Also, as you didn’t watch, I don’t know that you can just say that he deserved to be shut down. It wasn’t even necessarily when Trump was ‘lying’. It was often as soon as he started talking, Guthrie would interject with ‘but what about this, but what about that’ before he even got to what she was asking. I’m fine with him being called out, but I do think she was jumping the gun a bit quick.

caseyedwards

Biden just said, the first thing he'd do as POTUS is revoke the executive orders Trump has put into place with regard to LGBTQ rights. Lord knows he'll spend the first year just undoing the damage that's been done before he can even start working with Congress to move forward.
It’s called lgbq but it’s really about not making people Who believe Something is a sin participate in that sin! I don’t know why people want those who think gay marriage is a sin serving the cake at their weddings!! Taking the photos!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information