2020 U.S. Presidential Election

Vagabond

So I’m not a twitter person although I read it occasionally. Does this mean she is not able to post?
Until the suspension is lifted. Apparently, it has to do with illegally obtained material about Hunter Biden. Trump, at least, is tweeting again. :(

Vagabond

Sorry for the double post, but this subject needs to be kept separate from the previous one. :saint:

Towers, Mahogany and 16 other queens donned their heels, false eyelashes, wigs and a whole lot of lipstick on Tuesday afternoon to write letters to Democrats in Michigan who are registered to vote, but don’t vote often — and might need an extra push to fill out their ballots. They were given form letters with space to add their own handwritten reasons for voting.

Everyone has a part to play. (y)

VGThuy

Of course we would never vote illegally, but I am curious as to how Los Angeles County, Calif. would find out that one of their registered voters also voted in Montco, PA.

I'm talking about the post and other people who are talking about people supposedly getting sent multiple ballots in one location in a "DEM-HEAVY" area. As for your hypo, that could be true with the system as it is but how likely would people do that? And technically, that could have happened for a long time, but now certain people are trying to stoke the fear of voter fraud in that manner because they have vested interest in making voting as difficult as possible.

Judy

Until the suspension is lifted. Apparently, it has to do with illegally obtained material about Hunter Biden. Trump, at least, is tweeting again. :(
Yeah something to do with a newspaper that broke a story. Poor Hunter. He’s a private citizen for god’s sake. I wish Twitter would ban Trump.

Louis

Private citizen
Apologies, @el henry. I live just outside Philly. My deceased dad still gets mail addressed to him to my address. Yesterday we received a postcard noticing that he had not voted in a few years, and inviting him to reregister. That should not have happened. Death records should be synched with voting records. Also, I think that voting registration should be national, not by municipality. Each of my kids could theoretically vote in two counties.

The databases are synched somehow because the state of Pennsylvania sends me mail, wherever I am in the world, encouraging me to vote in Pennsylvania, a state where I haven't lived since 2007. They're clearly updating the records of people who moved out of the state, and then sending reminders to those people to vote in Pennsylvania :wall: :wall: :wall:.

I'd like to see photo proof of multiple ballots belonging to the same registered voter being sent.

There's photo proof here: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/mail-in-voting-ballots/

In the past week, three people I know in Philadelphia have received additional ballots and provided me with photographic proof. One is a member of this board (though mostly a lurker), and I will see if they are willing to post.

now certain people are trying to stoke the fear of voter fraud in that manner because they have vested interest in making voting as difficult as possible.

I would like to make it as easy as possible. The hoops I have to go through are unbelievable - I'm going to have to buy a f***king printer that can take US sized paper to vote in a contest where the popular vote is meaningless.

But what we have is a clusterf*ck, where some people are receiving multiple ballots and other people are being asked to do craft projects that require a printer, special sized paper, and following four pages of instructions.

Voting by app would seriously be better and more secure.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Yeah something to do with a newspaper that broke a story. Poor Hunter. He’s a private citizen for god’s sake. I wish Twitter would ban Trump.
I suspect the email is fake. The whole situation sounds incredibly unlikely.

-No reputable repair shop would be looking through a customer's emails
-Why would he still have an email from a situation that happened that many years ago?
Most of us have to throw out emails periodically because we run out of space in our gmail accounts or they disappear after so many days automatically. And that's just regular emails, not ones that could derail a parent's campaign.
-If the email didn't disappear over time, why wouldn't he have deleted it manually once this situation became a campaign issue.

ETA and Rudi Guliani isn't trustworthy in any way shape or form.

Louis

Private citizen

So illegally obtained material about Trump's tax returns are fine, but illegally obtained material about Hunter Biden is not? :confused:

What's good for the goose should be good for the gander, and the obvious bias in the media is just going to stoke Trump supporters, drive them deeper into conspiracy theories, and probably drive turnout.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
It
It was a tabloid and they didn't break anything. This is old news and has been rehashed multiple times. There is every indication this breaking news was from a Russian bot which is why FB and Twitter have banned it being posted. It's a last minute desperation bid. Again.

FGRSK8

Toad whisperer.....
After months of all this political horseshit, I may start rooting for the crud....

Meoima

We've been trying to figure out that one too. 🤷‍♂️
I am just puzzled as most people around me are like: The US is a joke, how can we trust them with a president like that?
And 4 years ago I saw many Americans mocked me on Facebook like "hey at least we have the best democracy in the world, unlike your piece of ****". I mean yeah my country is not perfect and no country is, just when we look at the "world leader" and we see such a disaster in the position, we really :confused: at the American mindset.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
So illegally obtained material about Trump's tax returns are fine, but illegally obtained material about Hunter Biden is not? :confused:
Another false equivalency.

Trump's tax returns were obtained legally. This information about Hunter Biden isn't even verified as being real and was definitely obtained illegally if it was.

Personally, I doubt it's real. No computer repair place is going to rifle through their customer's emails and then publicize it if they want to stay in business or avoid being arrested.

Judy

The databases are synched somehow because the state of Pennsylvania sends me mail, wherever I am in the world, encouraging me to vote in Pennsylvania, a state where I haven't lived since 2007. They're clearly updating the records of people who moved out of the state, and then sending reminders to those people to vote in Pennsylvania :wall: :wall: :wall:.

There's photo proof here: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/mail-in-voting-ballots/

In the past week, three people I know in Philadelphia have received additional ballots and provided me with photographic proof. One is a member of this board (though mostly a lurker), and I will see if they are willing to post.

I would like to make it as easy as possible. The hoops I have to go through are unbelievable - I'm going to have to buy a f***king printer that can take US sized paper to vote in a contest where the popular vote is meaningless.

But what we have is a clusterf*ck, where some people are receiving multiple ballots and other people are being asked to do craft projects that require a printer, special sized paper, and following four pages of instructions.

Voting by app would seriously be better and more secure.
Can’t you find a friend with a printer?

Also snopes said this about the ballot: However, anyone who received two ballots would not be able to vote twice because the ballots would have identical scanning codes. Only one vote per scan is counted. Any subsequent votes with the same scanning code are rejected by the county.

Susan1

They are going to ask him tough questions. :violin: :wuzrobbed:blah: :)

Last edited:

Louis

Private citizen
Can’t you find a friend with a printer?

If we weren't in a *********, sure. I just got the printable ballot yesterday. I am returning home on Monday and will need to quarantine for two weeks. I either need to put the file on a USB drive, slide it under the door so that a friend willing to come to my flat can take it to somewhere that can print on U.S. sized paper, and hope it all ends up OK, or I need to order a printer.

How on earth did the New York Times obtain Trump's tax records legally? :rolleyes: That is such b.s. fake news. While the source may have had legal access to the returns, the source absolutely violated disclosure laws by sharing them with the New York Times.

Teamgracie

I admit I am here just to see how it is going with the US election. Pardon me if I do not read everything and I am a bit behind, just a small question...
Why are people still voting for this guy after all that happened for the last 4 years?
And this... https://twitter.com/meiselasb/status/1316553061347672064?s=20

Note than I am not American so I would say I do not understand the American mindset.
I’m an American and I have no idea how people can vote for he who should not be named after these 4 years! It has many of us just sick over it all. It’s a sign to me that we have way too many stupid people in this country.

FiveRinger

They are going to ask him tough questions. :violin: :wuzrobbed:blah: :)
He's so full of it. He didn't have a problem with them when they were pacifying him while he was doing The Apprentice.

NBC is not obligated to participate in a town hall for Trump. It isn't sanctioned by the debate council. He's got bigger problems, starting with the $500 million Biden has in his coffers to spend on himself and the rest of the Democratic Party. There will be enough commercials on TV of Biden on every channel, including Fox, that Trump will lose his mind. I can't wait.

ETA: I'm torn. I can't stand Trump. I'd prefer to watch Biden's town hall. But Trump is such a train wreck. I can't help but be curious about the stupid sh*t that is bound to fall out of his face tonight....lol

ballettmaus

ETA: I'm torn. I can't stand Trump. I'd prefer to watch Biden's town hall. But Trump is such a train wreck. I can't help but be curious about the stupid sh*t that is bound to fall out of his face tonight....lol

And I suspect that this is exactly why NBC is doing it. They know Trump will be a disaster and hope that there are a lot of people who think like you and will watch him instead of Biden.
Never mind that Trump is a threat to the free press. As long as the ratings are good, they'll give him air time. Just like 2016.

sk9tingfan

He's so full of it. He didn't have a problem with them when they were pacifying him while he was doing The Apprentice.

NBC is not obligated to participate in a town hall for Trump. It isn't sanctioned by the debate council. He's got bigger problems, starting with the $500 million Biden has in his coffers to spend on himself and the rest of the Democratic Party. There will be enough commercials on TV of Biden on every channel, including Fox, that Trump will lose his mind. I can't wait.

You should get an anti-emetic first

FiveRinger

And I suspect that this is exactly why NBC is doing it. They know Trump will be a disaster and hope that there are a lot of people who think like you and will watch him instead of Biden.
Never mind that Trump is a threat to the free press. As long as the ratings are good, they'll give him air time. Just like 2016.
The first debate was so bad I had a migraine 20 minutes in. I might not last. Seriously.

Susan1

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information