2020 U.S. Presidential Election

Simone411

Do stand. Do stand six. Do stand six feet from me.
I have to wonder why when it comes to Trump how these people going to his rallies are blind to his stupidity. And since they're blind to his stupidity, that makes them completely stupid, too.

Trump thinks he's well and wants to kiss all the men and women. Let me say this again. Trump thinks he's well and wants to kiss all the men and women.

The people (his supporters and fans) that are present are cheering and filled with glee about this. They're hugging each other, and Ron DeSantis wipes his nose after high-fiving Trump's fans. Whippy Whoo Whoo!

So here's what it amounts to. Since his supporters think stupid, they live stupid ... Ooopsies! Die stupid! Oh well, looks like some may not make it to the voters booth on election day.

As for Trump ... Let's Just Kiss & Say Goodbye Wheee! 🤪

once_upon

Vaccinated
I dont care how far ahead the polls say Biden is in front of Trump, this article quashes hope

It was terrifying to listen to the author's interview on NPR

b-man

Per Gallup, 56% better off now than four years ago.

Campaigning in Ohio yesterday, Biden said Trump won here (Ohio) the last two times??

Vagabond

The California GOP wants to expand their unofficial ballot boxes. https://abc7.com/politics/ca-gop-defends-illegal-ballot-boxes-plans-to-expand-program/7007826/

Is there a chance (a real one) that while everyone is focused on the South and swing states, the GOP is successful in manipulating/suppressing votes in California to the extend that it will impact the results?
Certainly not on the Presidential level. In 2016, Trump received only 31.62% of the votes counted.

Susan1

So here's what it amounts to. Since his supporters think stupid, they live stupid ... Ooopsies! Die stupid! Oh well, looks like some may not make it to the voters booth on election day.
That's exactly what I was thinking the other day. He's doing it to his own people. They say most republicans vote on election day. 3 weeks from now, they might be in the hospital or dead. Not wishing illness or death on anybody. They can get better on Nov. 4, if they got the same care he did, and say they shouldn't have listened to him.

caseyedwards

Better to do what you want then stay at home all day! That’s what they all think. Not republicans though just trump supporters

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
It will not end next month. Even if there is a Biden win, Trump is still President until Jan 20. He can do a hell of a lot of damage to the US and the world. No matter the outcome he will still be president
The bigger question is: will he make it to January 20th? His health issues makes me wonder if he would even be able to survive through the second wave

clairecloutier

A sobering look at the election by Thomas Edsall, NYT columnist:

Biden Is Not Out of the Woods

One worrisome thing noted here is that Republicans have an advantage in recent new-voter registration in several key swing states. The column seems to indicate an uptick in engagement from non-college whites over 30. Couple that with a Twitter comment I was reading the other day about Trump attracting a 2016-size crowd in Sanford, FL, and this has me a bit worried.

It's interesting because the article also talks about the long-term political implications of polarization. Basically, what happens next if Biden is elected and Trump defeated.

MsZem

People in other countries react to the long waiting lines to vote in the US.
It's always shocking to see this in the US. I live in a country with no early voting/mail-in voting, and I've never had to wait more than two minutes to vote. That partisan officials can run elections and engage in all sorts of shenanigans to suppress the vote is just mindboggling to me.

Vagabond

Except for the 2020 General Election, when I had to wait about ninety minutes to vote, I've never had to wait more than a couple of minutes.

Polaris

It's always shocking to see this in the US. I live in a country with no early voting/mail-in voting, and I've never had to wait more than two minutes to vote. That partisan officials can run elections and engage in all sorts of shenanigans to suppress the vote is just mindboggling to me.
This country is a 3rd world country masquerading as a 1st. It's just that most Americans don't realize it.

MacMadame

Staying at home
The California GOP wants to expand their unofficial ballot boxes. https://abc7.com/politics/ca-gop-defends-illegal-ballot-boxes-plans-to-expand-program/7007826/

Is there a chance (a real one) that while everyone is focused on the South and swing states, the GOP is successful in manipulating/suppressing votes in California to the extend that it will impact the results?
The results of the Presidential election? No way. Remember Clinton got over 61% of the vote here in 2016. And had almost 2x as many votes as Trump who only got 31.5% of the vote. That's 4,270,478 more votes than Trump got. It would take a lot more than a few fake ballot boxes to overcome that kind of deficit.

But down-ballot races? Definitely. A lot of them are close.

caseyedwards

A sobering look at the election by Thomas Edsall, NYT columnist:

Biden Is Not Out of the Woods

One worrisome thing noted here is that Republicans have an advantage in recent new-voter registration in several key swing states. The column seems to indicate an uptick in engagement from non-college whites over 30. Couple that with a Twitter comment I was reading the other day about Trump attracting a 2016-size crowd in Sanford, FL, and this has me a bit worried.

It's interesting because the article also talks about the long-term political implications of polarization. Basically, what happens next if Biden is elected and Trump defeated.
With so many republicans endorsing Biden it’s perfectly reasonable to assume people are registering As republicans to support Biden. People like ridge, Romney, bush, mccains, etc etc. republican does not equal Trump.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Somebody this morning said that so many (10.5M at the time) people would not be voting early if they were happy with the state of the country.
That could be but the Right is also motivating people to vote by saying the Left is evil and going to steal the election and then life as we know it will cease to exist so we have to keep Trump in office.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Planet America covered Biden's tax plan compared to Trump's tax plan. Interesting analysis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information