2020 U.S. Presidential Election

caseyedwards

I just not sure Biden is going to want vance or his own AG to put any Trumps in prison. Any way you look at it democrats will be the one putting trump in prison. If it is vance it is Biden too. No immigration, no healthcare, no Supreme Court fairness bill, only trump in prison

Maybe most republicans would be happy to see all the Trumps In prison! Or maybe they would use all the Trumps being put in prison cynically and politically

Like Putin puts navalny in prison Biden will put Trumps in prison.

Maybe Donald jr becomes leader in polls and Biden puts him in prison?

Last edited:

ballettmaus

Trump got endorsed by the Taliban. :p https://www.cbsnews.com/news/taliban-on-trump-we-hope-he-will-win-the-election-withdraw-us-troops/

Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told CBS News in a phone interview, "We hope he will win the election and wind up U.S. military presence in Afghanistan." The militant group expressed some concern about Mr. Trump's bout with the ********. "When we heard about Trump being *********-19 positive, we got worried for his health, but seems he is getting better," another Taliban senior leader told CBS News.

The Trump campaign's communications director, Tim Murtaugh, said in a statement to CBS News that it rejects the Taliban's support and that the Taliban should know President Trump will always protect American interests by any means necessary.

Bolded mine because :rofl: (And given how cozy the administration is with the Taliban, is he sure that Trump wants to reject the Taliban support?)

caseyedwards

Well it’s time to treat taliban like british treated ira and know they are bad but definitely do peace talks with them. I hope Biden does peace talks with them and doesn’t relaunch Afghanistan war

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I keep forgetting to ask @becca what she thinks about this:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...rce=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=usbriefing_email

I am interested in the Anti-abortion view and whether this is a deal-breaker or not for voting for Trump for them.

VALuvsMKwan

Wandering Goy
I keep forgetting to ask @becca what she thinks about this:

I am interested in the Anti-abortion view and whether this is a deal-breaker or not for voting for Trump for them.

Filtered words in your link. :rolleyes:

rfisher

Let the skating begin

caseyedwards

Biden number one priority as president based on his comments today: the Supreme Court fairness act! The expansion of Supreme Court to 15 justices

Susan1

It’s actually totally false any part of regeneron comes from aborted fetuses

caseyedwards

The whole use of the word derived is meant to convey that every dose of regeneron today comes from aborted fetuses. That’s not true.

BittyBug

The missing ingredient
The article is just wrong. The new drugs do not depend on abortions taking place.
No, they don't depend on ongoing abortions taking place but the do depend on abortions that took place previously.
According to Regeneron, laboratory tests used to assess the potency of its antibodies employed a standardized supply of cells called HEK 293T, whose origin was kidney tissue from an abortion in the Netherlands in the 1970s.

The cells involved in testing were derived (replicated) from the cells of aborted tissue. If not for the aborted tissue, the replicated cells would not exist.

caseyedwards

I’ve actually been trying to find out what kind of abortion! Abortion to save the life of a woman? Just a regular don’t want to have a kid abortion? Because many pro life people do not oppose abortions in rape incest or life of the mother.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I’ve actually been trying to find out what kind of abortion! Abortion to save the life of a woman? Just a regular don’t want to have a kid abortion? Because many pro life people do not oppose abortions in rape incest or life of the mother.
Scientists don't differentiate. When you have an abortion, you are asked if you want to donate the fetal tissue to research. There is no disqualification for why you had an abortion.

MsZem

once_upon

Vaccinated
:confused:

If Trump loses the election, there will be no President Pence.

Unless the OP meant that Pence would become the candidate prior to the election.

No if he loses, he remains President until a new president is sworn in on Jan 20.

So he loses big by in person voting, there is no legal challenges pending, etc. He can resign anytime up to noon on jan 20th and Pence can be ready with the pardon (in person voting has less chance - not big but less than mail ballots to have legal challenges).

Dobre

(in person voting has less chance - not big but less than mail ballots to have legal challenges).

Dunno about that. Trump believes there will be more democratic votes via mail than in person because he believes Republican voters will be less "afraid" to use the polls. But a lot of Democrats are hearing that rhetoric and very likely standing in early voting lines. He will want to challenge votes wherever the numbers are tight. And some of the places where numbers are expected to be tight are states that have tighter restrictions on mail-in voting. What the campaign expects right now may not be what plays out in the long run. I am remembering that in Bush vs. Gore, it was actually the system with the tightest limitations that would have benefited Gore. If I am remembering correctly, there is also some evidence that voting machines are easier to tamper with than mail-in ballots. So I don't think we can second guess what he will challenge based on expectations. Vote. Follow the rules for whatever system you are using. Vote early if you can so that you don't have to worry about missing deadlines or long lines or interference at polls or unanticipated bad weather or getting sick or a bad spike in local ***** cases. Overall, though, just vote. A large part of his anti-this-or-that rhetoric is to discourage people from voting at all. If we do our part, that is half the battle.

Susan1

Misc.
Joe Biden tested negative again!

Saw them on the news last night - On October 10 at 2PM, Ohioans will be Stridin' with Biden in neighborhoods across the state. No fear mongering welcome here! Make a sign, don a mask, and join our family and pet-friendly walk in support of the next President of the United States and our first female Vice President! Meet in the Delco Park parking lot (look for the signs) Mask and social distance mandatory. We will give you a route to follow along the sidewalk to walk and show your support! Wear or bring items that show your support for Biden/Harris and candidates on the ballot. Feel free to decorate your car also. Also, get info, signs and ways to get involved for various candidates!

Tim Ryan (D-Ohio) was on The Week with Joshua Jackson on MSNBC last night (sorry - no story to attach). I was "woo-hooing" at the t.v.

On SNL last night - in the open, they did the debate. When she asked mr. vice president a question, I said out loud "Well, Susan........." He said "Well, Susan..........." hee hee (and I knew the fly thing was coming when I saw the teleporter. That was a scary, creepy movie.)

Bad news - pence is coming to Ohio tomorrow. Columbus. Unless he gets sick today and has to cancel. I hope DeWine can find an excuse not to be there. (cough, cough, sorry, I have to quarantine) If not, is he going to tell him to wear a mask? No.

caseyedwards

Scientists don't differentiate. When you have an abortion, you are asked if you want to donate the fetal tissue to research. There is no disqualification for why you had an abortion.
But the question was about what Trump supporters would feel about all the ******** drugs coming from abortions. It might matter what kind

MacMadame

Doing all the things
But the question was about what Trump supporters would feel about all the ******** drugs coming from abortions. It might matter what kind
It might matter to them but that's now how stem cell research is done so they have to know, if they take drugs that use stem cell research, they have benefited from abortions they don't agree with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information