2020 U.S. Presidential Election

caseyedwards

There's nothing to stop anyone from going retro and hosting their own content on their own servers. The cloud isn't the only way to compute, and many companies are not on the cloud at all.
How to Create Your Own Server at Home for Web Hosting
Choose Your Hardware. ...
Choose Your Operating System: Linux or Windows? ...
Is Your Connection Suited for Hosting? ...
Set up and Configure Your Server. ...
Set up Your Domain Name and Check It Works. ...
Know How to Create Your Own Server at Home for Web Hosting the Right Way.
Dec 19, 2019
SiteUptime › blog › 2019/12/19
How to Create Your Own Web Hosting Server at Home | SiteUptime Blog

This for people who may barely know what WiFi is?!?

MacMadame

Staying at home
The people who run Parler know what wifi is. And they wouldn't set it up in a home. They'd rent servers from a data center.

It's all moot though since Parler said they have found a service to host them.

Meoima

In a call with Kevin McCarthy, Trump falsely blamed "Antifa people" for the violent insurrection at the Capitol. A White House official tells Axios that McCarthy said: "It's not Antifa, it's MAGA. I know. I was there."
From Axios Sneak Peek

And
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) told members of his GOP conference on a call Monday that the riot at the Capitol was not caused by antifa, urging lawmakers not to further spread misinformation about the pro-Trump mob that stormed the House and Senate last week.

“McCarthy told all members on the call that he has been receiving FBI briefings and it is clear that antifa was not behind this,” one source familiar with the call said. “That it was in fact right-wing extremists and QAnon adherents, and he urged members to stop spreading false information to the contrary.”

From House GOP leader tells members to quit spreading lies on riot, antifa | TheHill

FGRSK8

Toad whisperer.....
We were watching some of the videos of the riots in DC and there were no masks being warned.

These clowns claim to be patriots.

Well, I don’t think it is very patriotic in spreading this crud around.....assholes.

FunnyBut

Parler sues Amazon.

Amazon says they gave them fair warning before taking them offline, seems they warned Parler long before the riots:

“We made our concerns known to Parler over a number of weeks and during that time we saw a significant increase in this type of dangerous content, not a decrease, which led to our suspension of their services Sunday evening.”

Mostly I’m glad that Amazon doesn’t have to go through McConnell and Pence and others’ personal ambitions to stop dangerous activity against our government and people. As has been stated upthread, Parler has already found a new host. I’d think it take some time to move to new hosting, hopefully not until well after Jan 20. I’m concerned all this publicity they got in the last few weeks will give them more notoriety.
Once it’s back online, radicals could still access Parler on their phone through the web browser, not just not the app...unless somehow Firefox, Chrome (again Google) and IE (Microsoft) somehow restrict them, too.

I do not have an issue separating Parler from the gay wedding cake, as the cake did not facilitate violence or overthrowing our government. Similarily, one should be able to carry a handgun or rifle to hunt or for personal protection, but not a semi-automatic whose only purpose would be to kill a large number of people efficiently.

Last edited:

Dobre

I think a major plus in the current tech crackdown is that the radicals are being kicked out of their recruitment zones. Twitter & Facebook are where the mainstream posters are. That is where people like Q-Anon do their recruiting & radicalizing. Then those people migrate to places with nothing but radical speech. But Twitter kicked off about 70,000 Q-Anon folks this week. Better they talk in their vacumn than sending their garbage through everyone else's feed until they find a target. I know the riot has probably gotten a lot of attention for extremists at the moment, but long term, if you can't access the larger public via social media, then your recruitment base is a vastly smaller pool.

once_upon

This guy is wearing a Chicago Fire Department toque. He is wanted for questioning in the murder of Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick.

Note the person in front of him in picture 2 appears to have an identical jacket.
I think it might be too quick to say Chicago Fire Department. There are many large cities that start with a C. Unless I missed a clear identification of Chicago Fire Department. In that case, city/employee records should quickly identify him

Susan1

Most of Dewine's c.v. briefing questions were about the upcoming riots, so I will put them here.

DeWine's twitter - "Today, I signed an order authorizing 580 National Guard Soldiers and Airmen into state active duty. This activation allows them to begin training in preparation to assist during the presidential inauguration in Washington D.C. This group will also assist in Ohio. People have the right to protest. They do not have the right to be destructive or hurt other people. We welcome peaceful protesters, but we saw what happened at the Capitol, so we are concerned." (You tell 'em.)

Q&A - Sunday is supposed to be our day of "protests". National Guard will be deployed from the 14th to the 21st. Approx. 200 will be going to DC. Apparently, they do that for all inaugurations.

Really long question from someone - You've said people have lost faith in government…..you didn't tell trump to stop lying….. DeWine is the governor of the state of Ohio, not his obligation to refute everything trump says. (I can't even….) Trusts the system. Ass-umes (no comment) it will work the way it has for 200 years. (What an idiot.)

You sent 1,200 to cities over the summer re George Floyd. Are you taking this seriously? Mayors requested the National Guard. Talks to mayors every Tuesday and Thursday. He will send them if asked. May be more decisions to come.

Will this be a repeat of what happened at the Capitol? Thinks about it a lot. The more he sees on t.v. and reads. And how prepared they were for violence. The National Guard will be ready.

Any intelligence? (no comment) It's our worst fear, blah, blah, blah. "Whatever reason they are committing violence…..." (I don't know what he said next because I was screaming at the t.v.)

Dobre

Hallmark Cards asks Hawley, Marshall to return donations​

Hallmark, not only halting its donations but asking for its money back:).

AT&T, Comcast & Other Halt Political Contributions To Lawmakers Who Objected To Certification Of Electoral Vote For Joe Biden​

A post I read yesterday said that AT&T is a MAJOR funding contributor.

“Employees on our Federal PAC Board convened a call today and decided to suspend contributions to members of Congress who voted to object to the certification of Electoral College votes this week,” AT&T said in a statement.

Comcast said that the “peaceful transition of power is a foundation of America’s democracy. This year, that transition will take place among some of the most challenging conditions in modern history and against the backdrop of the appalling violence we witnessed at the U.S. Capitol last week. At this crucial time, our focus needs to be on working together for the good of the entire nation. Consistent with this view, we will suspend all of our political contributions to those elected officials who voted against certification of the electoral college votes, which will give us the opportunity to review our political giving policies and practices.”

"The political action committees at AT&T and Comcast join those at Marriott, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Dow Chemical and American Express in halting the political contributions. Other companies are suspending all political contributions, including Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Citigroup and Goldman Sachs."

Susan1

Corporate PACs usually play both sides of the political fence.
I think it was Eric Swalwell last night who said companies were suspending donations to the Democrats too. And "what did we do". No kidding. It kind of takes the sting out of not donating to the bad guys if you stop donating to the good guys too.

The font is hard to read, but I picked out these because they are close together.
" Alphabet Inc's Temporarily suspends donations to both parties
Google
Facebook Inc Temporarily suspends donations to both parties
Microsoft Corp Temporarily suspends donations to both parties"

Susan1

Misc.

Little late -

Question - if the mob would have hung Pence and taken Democrats hostage, do they really think trump would have been allowed to continue to be president?

Maybe all of the maga people should get together and buy an island and move there and make trump their king.

FiveRinger

Question - if the mob would have hung Pence and taken Democrats hostage, do they really think trump would have been allowed to continue to be president?

Maybe all of the maga people should get together and buy an island and move there and make trump their king.
I begged them to do that during the 2016 campaign. No one took that suggestion. Now look where we are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information