2020 U.S. Presidential Election

Meoima

They have the votes now.
But how long will they have to wait for 2 latest elected senators from GA to be seated? They have 13 days left. Will that be enough for 2 new senators join their votes to impeach Trump?

Simone411

Do stand. Do stand six. Do stand six feet from me.
One would hope that they learned a lesson. Perhaps pressure from their colleagues could help bring peace.
Peace is definitely needed because one thing is for sure. The protesters weren't thinking about God at all when they did this. I guess they forgot about 'In God We Trust" and "One Nation Under God". I guess they forgot about God, and let Trump's evil flow through their veins. :shuffle:

Meoima

Peace is definitely needed because one thing is for sure. The protesters weren't thinking about God at all when they did this. I guess they forgot about 'In God We Trust" and "One Nation Under God". I guess they forgot about God, and let Trump's evil flow through their veins. :shuffle:
The cult mentality is fascinating to me, honestly. I do not want to believe these people aren't high in the IQ department but certainly, there is something very wrong in their mindsets to buy the vote fraud story and even riot this way. Mob mentality is truly something.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Shouldn’t they have been prepared for this? Law enforcement I mean. Just insane... I was working all day so can’t believe what’s on now.
I don't think this happened because they weren't prepared. It happened because they refused to treat them like lawbreakers and dangerous people. If they had treated them like BLM protesters were treated in the spring/summer, none of this would have happened.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
The Pentagon released a statement that they spoke with Pence, Pelosi, Schumer and McConnell and would offer assistance as needed and would fulfill their constitutional duty. The statement did not include Trump. The military should NOT be the ones to quell this. It has to be the police be they the Capitol, metro DC or state police or even the national guard, but not the Pentagon.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
@BlueRidge you'll be happy to know Charlie Savage said about "Panetta is saying that the military must not be used to quell this problem because who knows what Trump will do with it, so the police and the National Guard should be in charge. The problem with his notion is that because D.C. is not a state, the National Guard is the military here, not some separate force under the control of a governor. My prediction: This experience is going to fuel advocacy for DC statehood, as a check and balance."

Jimena

@BlueRidge you'll be happy to know Charlie Savage said about "Panetta is saying that the military must not be used to quell this problem because who knows what Trump will do with it, so the police and the National Guard should be in charge. The problem with his notion is that because D.C. is not a state, the National Guard is the military here, not some separate force under the control of a governor. My prediction: This experience is going to fuel advocacy for DC statehood, as a check and balance."
That would be good.

once_upon

MSNBC reported earlier on a protester/terrorist hanging over a scaffolding trying to remove the American Flag and replace with Trump flag

ballettmaus

I turned it back on. A decent republican Senator said although he voted for Trump, Congress does not elect president.
If he voted for Trump, he can't be that decent.

This has me truly scared for the Inauguration in 2 weeks. Dear God, help us.
Harris has looked like she's wearing a layer of security beneath her blouse and jacket each time I saw her at a public appearance since she became VP-elect.

“This is what you’ve gotten, guys,” Senator Mitt Romney, Republican of Utah, yelled as the mayhem unfolded in the Senate chamber, apparently addressing his colleagues who were leading the charge to press Mr. Trump’s false claims of a stolen election.
From Electoral Vote Hearing: Live Updates - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
Now I want to move to Utah and vote for him. Once. (Although, 2024 is probably too soon for me :( )

Yes. Something the Republicans could have avoided by not raising objections.
I know it was an official and not member of Congress who said it but I can't get "What's the harm of humoring him for a while" out of my head.

Because they prepared for the Proud Boys on the street after dark. They simply did not expect this.
I don't think that's an excuse. Remember this from the BLM (the National Guard lined up on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial like they expected DC to be under siege any second): https://twitter.com/Loz_Coult94/status/1346910628598878210

With all due respect to Biden, please stop it with the “this is not who we are” statements.
I agree. I think he's right, as a whole, this is not who America is. That said, a small part of America is this and we can't fight them if we don't acknowledge that.

Downside of removing Trump is Pence will likely pardon Trump in the interests of staving off more riots...
He can't pardon him for state crimes.

Sorry if this has already been discussed... but can't the meetings continue with everyone online?
I don't know if the House has changed the rules yet, if they have, they might be able to. But the new Congress eliminated the online rule again that was implemented by the last Congress. (Source is a chief of staff for a Congressman).
The Senate never had one, as far as I know.

I don't think this happened because they weren't prepared. It happened because they refused to treat them like lawbreakers and dangerous people. If they had treated them like BLM protesters were treated in the spring/summer, none of this would have happened.
Isn't that not being prepared?

Amy L

The cult mentality is fascinating to me, honestly. I do not want to believe these people aren't high in the IQ department but certainly, there is something very wrong in their mindsets to buy the vote fraud story and even riot this way. Mob mentality is truly something.

My inlaws are big into this. They are not stupid but they do hate education and have made fun of me for having a college degree. To their credit, it's true that I spent a bunch of money on it and do nothing with it at all. But they don't appreciate anything I've got to say that came from my education. Because it's all lies, of course. They only lean on their feelings or what their friends have experienced. There are a lot of echo chambers involved, and a load of confirmation bias. That's when the mob mentality comes in, because "everybody" they know KNOWS the election is a faud, those OTHER people are clearly apart of the Marxist cabal running the World. The TRUE AMERICANS are a silent majority, now they're making their voices heard, etc.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C
The rioters have receded but the stand off is still on, from what CNN is reporting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information