2020 U.S. Presidential Election

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C
What's the legal difference between sedition and treason?
I am not sure but my interpretation is that Treason involves a foreign power or war, and sedition is revolt against our government. Good question. I will look up the information.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C
Maggie Haberman just posted this in The New York Times live blog: "The National Association of Manufacturers has issued a statement calling on Pence to 'seriously consider' working with the Cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment against the president."
There are still 13 days left. The 25th amendment could protect us until we have the real president.

Susan1

I am not sure but my interpretation is that Treason involves a foreign power or war, and sedition is revolt against our government. Good question. I will look up the information.
"What is the difference between sedition and treason?
While seditious conspiracy is generally defined as conduct or language inciting rebellion against the authority of a state, treason is the more-serious offense of actively levying war against the United States or giving aid to its enemies."

So, yeah, treason involves helping another country. I am sure there are other things he could be charged with, impeached over, and arrested for today.

Meoima

PBS reports that Rep. Ilhan Omar is drawing up articles of impeachment, which can at least potentially, go directly to the House floor.
But will they have enough votes from the senate to do this impeachment?

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Washington Post talking heads are talking about what happens when these crowds at the Capitol are dispersed, there are thousands? Where do they go? Rampage?
Thanks. Yes, that’s the church...we’ve just locked down.
Oh wow, are you going to have to stay there? Or can you head home?

(I live over on 14th St)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information