2020 U.S. Presidential Election

MsZem

I found this article about DNA.

It says that you share 25% of your DNA with any aunt or uncle. So it's possible that Mary Trump's DNA could be used, too.
FYI, we also share quite a lot of our DNA with our noble relative, the banana.

No, really.

ballettmaus

Um many democrats number one priority is putting the whole Trump family in jail?! Lol. Vance is working on that. He just announced he wants to put Ivanka in prison along with Trump. He doesn’t even have a crime. He opened investigations of people to try to put them in prison. Not how things are supposed to work.
Name a crime that Hillary, Obama or Biden committed. And not a fictuous one that Trump or the GOP fabricated. An actual crime that they are currently under investigation for or were at the time that Trump wanted to put them in jail for.

US killing suliemani was the right thing. He was an evil monster. His official job in iran was being an evil monster. Iran wasn’t going to win any war over anger over US killing an evil monster
Trump is a monster, so I guess, you'd be okay if a foreign government killed him, too?
Iran was unlikely to win any war but fact is, it would have led to war if Iran had chosen to respond that way. Here are also some "fun" facts on Iran's breakout capacity, curtesy of Senator Murphy https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/status/1333412111607885826

caseyedwards

Name a crime that Hillary, Obama or Biden committed. And not a fictuous one that Trump or the GOP fabricated. An actual crime that they are currently under investigation for or were at the time that Trump wanted to put them in jail for.

Trump is a monster, so I guess, you'd be okay if a foreign government killed him, too?
Iran was unlikely to win any war but fact is, it would have led to war if Iran had chosen to respond that way. Here are also some "fun" facts on Iran's breakout capacity, curtesy of Senator Murphy https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/status/1333412111607885826

I can’t. I don’t know of any. Vance just announced he wants to put trump and Ivanka in prison but hasn’t indicted either or said what they are guilty of.

Yes it would. I said this in 2017. It would be nice if nato took care of the horrible problem US was in. I said if would be nice if US allies intervened and saved their ally. If I remember right you didn’t like that suggestion of mine! Or it was some other people. Either way nato didn’t do anything and I would have supported it if they did.

Susan1

I may watch Fox News for about one minute each day just to see what they're blabbering about and if anything has changed with their point of view. It never fails. They begin discussing how the election was rigged for Biden, joke about his choices for his cabinet members, talk about how strict the cities are about the beer burden, etc. etc. etc.

One minute is all it takes, and I change the channel. :shuffle:
I only see the clips or read the articles. Sometimes I will go down the channels instead of back and forth from CNN and MSNBC and catch them talking about something nobody else is talking about - trump losing, the c.v., or putting down a democrat for one thing or another. So many of them are turning on him though, like he is on them. He said something about how the afternoon shows are terrible. He just likes the Fox and Friends because they let him blather on for an hour with blank looks on their faces. They'll be history if he starts his own trumpy network.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Trump has raised between 150 and 170 million dollars from small donors since Nov 3. If anybody has any questions as to why he's sending in Rudy and company to file baseless lawsuits, goes on conservative TV to make his pitch for free has your answer. And the fine print says he can use the money anyway he wants. He's going to run the grift as long as he can and the GOP in Congress are letting him do it to their own detriment. It was never about the country or the presidency. It was always about the money.

Meoima

Trump’s absolute last stand to subvert the election will come Jan. 6, when his allies in Congress say they may formally challenge Joe Biden’s victory.

It’s a complicated, little-used process that could get messy — but is unlikely to change anything.

Judy

Believe it or not, I have a set of cousins(married), one with two masters degrees and the other with a medical degree who support him. They are anti-vaxxers and don't believe in climate change. When confronted with Trump's lies, my cousin just shrugs and says, "Al politicians lie". I tend to think that their support is correlated with their fascination with money.
Yes it’s not only the uneducated. There are a variety of reasons I suspect. Being educated doesn’t always mean that you don’t have issues.
Trump has raised between 150 and 170 million dollars from small donors since Nov 3. If anybody has any questions as to why he's sending in Rudy and company to file baseless lawsuits, goes on conservative TV to make his pitch for free has your answer. And the fine print says he can use the money anyway he wants. He's going to run the grift as long as he can and the GOP in Congress are letting him do it to their own detriment. It was never about the country or the presidency. It was always about the money.
i had seen right after the election was won that Lindsay Graham had said he donated 500 thousand to the cause. Buying his voters of course For the future.

ballettmaus

once_upon

Yes it’s not only the uneducated. There are a variety of reasons I suspect. Being educated doesn’t always mean that you don’t have issues.

i had seen right after the election was won that Lindsay Graham had said he donated 500 thousand to the cause. Buying his voters of course For the future.
Is he one of the person(s) buying a pardon?

caseyedwards

There you go.

Source.

There's a grand jury investigation. Those investigations are secret by law. And unless you want to make a fool of yourself, you should have at least some evidence of a crime.

It’s not secret. Vance announced to NYT lol

Simone411

Do stand. Do stand six. Do stand six feet from me.
I really like this article from the Los Angeles Times:

A pre-pardoned Trump might help Biden navigate the dilemma by making it difficult to proceed with a prosecution.

While it’s unclear that a self-pardon would be valid — it has never happened before, and it collides with the bedrock principle that no man can serve as judge in his own case — the move would guarantee that things would be messy. The first step for any prosecutor would be overcoming the former president’s contention that he is invulnerable to federal prosecution.

Biden might be able to avoid the divisive decision about prosecution entirely by letting, say, New York go first. In any case, Trump appears to be in greater danger there than from federal prosecutors.

The Manhattan district attorney is investigating his family real estate firm, the Trump Organization, on allegations of bank and insurance fraud. And the state’s attorney general is investigating whether he claimed improperly inflated deductions on state tax returns.

Trump faces potential civil legal problems as well. He owes millions of dollars to banks that have held back from suing him while he was in the White House.

The cost of his still unsettled federal tax audit could exceed $100 million. Tax cases are pursued, at least initially, in civil courts, not criminal cases; a pardon won’t relieve him of his obligations to the Internal Revenue Service.

Congressional committees will remain free to investigate him as well.

In short, Trump’s retirement is unlikely to be overly comfortable even if he doesn’t face a federal indictment.

So go ahead, Mr. President, and pardon yourself. Secure your place in history as one of only two presidents who felt they needed pardons because of the potential criminal charges they faced. Sooner or later, we’ll probably see you in court all the same

ballettmaus

It’s not secret. Vance announced to NYT lol
This is an article about the investigations into Trump. The ones that have a basis in law. I'm looking for the quote where Cy Vance says that he wants to put Trump and Ivanka in prison (without filing charges).

Vagabond

An Atlanta-based former U.S. Attorney requested an investigation into a call between South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham and Georgia Sec. of State Brad Raffensperger last month.

In mid-November, Raffensperger told The Washington Post that he felt that in the conversation, Sen. Graham had asked him questions in a manner that, as The Post put it, "appeared to suggest that he find a way to toss legally cast ballots."

Graham has called that interpretation "ridiculous."

Raffensperger told the paper it "sure looked like he was wanting to go down that road." That interpretation was later backed up by Gabriel Sterling in the Secretary of State's Office, who was on for some of the call.
Kinda obvious whom to believe, innit?

:watch:

Meoima

Meoima

But also, Trump raised $207 million after asking supporters to help fund his avalanche of legal defeats. And so far it's cost him $8.8 million (about a quarter of which was spent on text-message ads!). So overall it's probably working OK for him.
From https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1335015260231700481?s=20

Those Maga idiots who sent Trump money will never realize they simply help him paying his debt huh?

Last edited:

Meoima

Kellyanne Conway said President Donald Trump has “the right” to exhaust his legal challenges, but acknowledged that Joe Biden appears headed to the White House as the next president of the United States.

“The president wants to exhaust all of his legal avenues, as he has made clear many times. His team is doing that, and that is his right,” Conway said in an interview with The 19th’s Washington correspondent, Amanda Becker, that aired Friday. “If you look at the vote totals in the Electoral College tally, it looks like Joe Biden and Kamala Harris will prevail. I assume the electors will certify that and it will be official. We, as a nation, will move forward, because we always do.”
From https://19thnews.org/2020/12/kellya...ike-joe-biden-and-kamala-harris-will-prevail/

By the way...

NEW: The RNC paid a mystery company $42 million this year. The untraceable company, Digital Consulting Group, went from nonexistent to the GOP's highest-paid vendor of the election in just 8 months, receiving 3 of the RNC's top 10 payments ever.
From RNC's highest-paid vendor of the 2020 election: A mystery company formed nine months ago | Salon.com

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information