2020 Tokyo Olympic Games Opening Ceremony - It's On Like Donkey Kong!

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
The excited music and imagery with the label 2020 coming to a stumbling halt then going completely blank, empty and silent was really powerful.
Right? I was like...we're really committing to this 2020 idea aren't we? ...oh...oof

It really did bring me back to when everything sort of stopped

MsZem

So it turns out that the broadcast rights in Israel went to the local sports channel, which has never seen fit to offer any online viewing options. Oh well, a one-month subscription to Eurosport player will cover everything I need and come with less chatter.

I wish there were an ISU-like stream for the Olympics...

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I'm guessing Japan won't request to host another Olympics given the amount of money they will lose on this. All those empty seats and all that lost revenue.

allezfred

Lipinski Stole My Catchphrase
Staff member
Is this the first explicit acknowledgement in an opening ceremony of the members of the Israeli team murdered in Munich?
Yes. I would say it is sort of an apology for the artistic director who got fired after it was discovered he had made jokes about the Holocaust.

just tuned in

I turned it on at 7:30 am ET. That was the time that was advertised, but did it actually start earlier? All I saw was a bunch of people dancing and then the rings expanding.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
I turned it on at 7:30 am ET. That was the time that was advertised, but did it actually start earlier? All I saw was a bunch of people dancing and then the rings expanding.
No, it started on the hour. It's just...been a little...um, restrained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information