2020 Tokyo Olympic Games - Day Two (25 July)

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
The ladies who swam the final making sure to mention the two swimmers who swam so well in the heats also. That last 25m was amazing. Not only was the gold not in doubt, but the WR wasn't in doubt either!

Karen-W

I'm thinking I'll bring my other tv down & get my old laptop out - that'll give me four.
I have three if I use my laptop to watch something. Right now, I'm making do with streaming to the TV instead of watching the NBC primetime broadcast and my phone.

misskarne

I have three if I use my laptop to watch something. Right now, I'm making do with streaming to the TV instead of watching the NBC primetime broadcast and my phone.
This makes me think I could use my work from home screens to add an extra screen from my laptop, as well as the app casting to my telly.

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
Ash Barty is down a set but they're on serve in the second set.

And Andy Murray just withdrew from singles.

Colonel Green

Penny remains an artist at closing the deal (and is now tied for the record for most medals for a Canadian Summer Olympian; she'll have that record outright before Tokyo is over).

It's kind of hilarious that it once again came down to a photo finish between her and Simone Manuel (for second this time, rather than first).

Last edited:

ballettmaus

The Puerto Rican skateboarder fell, and his phone fell out of his pocket :rofl:
I think I heard somewhere that some skiers/snowboarders do the slopestyle to music (to keep their rhythm) so maybe it's the same for the skateboarders.

misskarne

No Barty Party in Tokyo :(

A gold would have looked nice next to her Wimbledon trophy.

Spikefan

I just wonder what their completion rate is on some of these tricks. In some ways it’s similar to a jump off, so I guess if you are in the top 8 and can land a quad at all you go for it. Even if you only land it 10% of the time.

just tuned in

I just wonder what their completion rate is on some of these tricks. In some ways it’s similar to a jump off, so I guess if you are in the top 8 and can land a quad at all you go for it. Even if you only land it 10% of the time.
If you don't die first.

Cachoo

I suspect with medals on the line they weren’t going to play it safe. I would have been disappointed if the Brazilian had missed altogether because I wanted to see what he was trying to do. I think this sport is a keeper for the Olympics.

annie720

Anyone else bothered by the fact that you can wipe out the consequences of a poorly executed regular skate by doing high-value tricks? Nobody tell the ISU about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information