2020 Tokyo Olympic Games - Day Twelve (4 August)

Colonel Green

Okay, now that the decathletes are through the shotput, I think Kevin Mayer is officially in trouble here.

Mayer won the shotput over Warner, as you'd expect, but he was way, way short of his personal best, while Warner was reasonably close to his personal best, and exceeded his season's best from the Hypo-Meeting by 0.49 metres. Mayer could have gotten 918 points out of this with his PB, but he only got 794, while Warner got 777. This was one of the events where Mayer needed to maximize his advantage.

SHARPIE

Administrator
Staff member
See! This is why having kids is a terrible idea! Anything could happen. They could be an Olympic Skateboarder!

🙄🙄🙄🙄

And I don’t like seeing young kids get really hurt in the name of sport/entertainment live on Tv. The issue with that?

I went to bed, I see Sky with a bronze. Nice for her. Bollocks to it being an Olympic sport though.

Last edited:

Karen-W

Team USA lives on in baseball! Dominican Republic will play for bronze, Team USA will play the winner of tonight's Japan-South Korea game to get to the gold medal match.

Onto diving!

paskatefan

A medal ceremony question. What music is played when the gold medalist is from the ROC (Russian Olympic Committee)? The Olympic Hymn or something else? Any links to any of those ceremonies?

allezfred

Lipinski Stole My Catchphrase
Staff member
Sweden get all three through to the final individual showjumping jump off. None of the three Irish riders get through… :fragile:

Colonel Green

First good news for Mayer of the decathlon, he comes near his personal best while Warner falls short in an event that didn't inherently favour either of them. +56 points for him.

Ashley Moloney is having a terrific decathlon so far.

Shame about KJT.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love!
FABULOUS ARTISTIC SWIM DUET FINALS!
🇷🇺 🇷🇺 🇷🇺 🇷🇺 🇷🇺 🇷🇺 🇷🇺 🇷🇺
Da!!! ROSSIYA!!!

Gold 🇷🇺
Silver 🇨🇳
Bronze 🇺🇦

The Russian duo includes Svetlana Romashina, now SIX TIMES Oly gold medalist...going for 7th in Team Event. The GOAT!

Putin approves:

Last edited:

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Oh, Bol...he went just a little too early. What a fairytale that could have been. But what a great run anyway!

Colonel Green

Warner gets 47.48 s, a seasonal best, and +134 points on Mayer in this event alone.

Lepage runs even better, despite the taping on his knee.

Moloney records a superb performance to take first and firm up his second place at the moment.

Cachoo

SVETLANA ROMASHINA - Russia’s Artistic (Synch) Swimming G.O.A.T.!!!
🇷🇺 🇷🇺 🇷🇺 🇷🇺 🇷🇺 🇷🇺 🇷🇺
Just won her sixth Olympic gold across four Oly Games & going for #7 in tomorrow’s Team Event.

I had the tv on while sleeping and woke up to Malaguena and thought "who's skating?" I don't know anything about this sport but Ukraine appealed to me most.

allezfred

Lipinski Stole My Catchphrase
Staff member
World champion Kaul 🇩🇪 pulls up in the decathlon 400m. That’s one contender gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information