2020 Tokyo Olympic Games - Day Twelve (4 August)

Colonel Green

And here we go with the decathlon, the event for track stars who hate themselves.

Kevin Mayer goes in the first heat, goes behind his personal best by 0.13 (-33 points).

Colonel Green

And here we go with the heptathlon too (running them concurrently is a neat idea), starting with the hurdles.

With KJT's recent problems this feels like Nafi Thiam's run to away with, but we'll see.

DFJ

Gosh, can I just ask if you have to be really fabulous looking to be an Olympic athlete? These people are amazing.

SHARPIE

Administrator
Staff member
Ok I don’t want to watch teenage girls on skateboards and hope they don’t hurt themselves! :eek:

Spikefan

Ok I don’t want to watch teenage girls on skateboards and hope they don’t hurt themselves! :eek:
They said Sky Brown already lacerated a lung and broke a wrist. :yikes:However, she is really great. They need air bag suits to wear.

Karen-W

Nastia saying that Urasova's third back handspring was supposed to be a back layout so she will lose difficulty and hers was already the lowest coming in. John and Bridget did not catch that this morning.
John and Bridget were also calling the event live. Haven't we established that the primetime crew are not calling this live?

Cachoo

One of the women’s skateboarders is named Bombette. :rofl: Would love to see what her parents are like, I imagine her mom as a roller derby athlete.
This rivals an American rower from the 80’s and 90’s named Anna B. Seaton. Her parents named her Anna Banana Seaton.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
John and Bridget were also calling the event live. Haven't we established that the primetime crew are not calling this live?
LOL, there were a LOT of tweets about the missing flight series this am, as soon as it happened. But then again, it was four in the morning central time so only the diehards were up.

Gymnasts are required to do what's called a flight series. They need to do at least two consecutive acrobatic skills with flight (airborne, even if only briefly) and one of those skills has to be a salto, which means no hands AKA a flip.

Failure to do a flight series means a loss of 0.5 points

Karen-W

51.47!!!!!! MCLAUGHLIN!!!!! 🇺🇸

Oh. My. Gawd. 😱

USATF - You’re going to have Sydney, Dalilah, and Athing in the 4x400m, right? RIGHT??!!

Just put those three + highest US finisher in the 400m.
Hell, forget the highest finisher in the 400m - put Raevyn Rodgers in there with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information