2020 Tokyo Olympic Games - Day Six (29 July)

Colonel Green

I'm glad Canada is putting Summer first in the relay. She's never competed in a relay at a major international championship before, so it's better to let her not worry about the handoff.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
WOW! That relay! The competition between China, USA, and Australia was so dramatic! China pulled a massive upset! And Ledecky dragged the US back into that race!

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
WOW! That relay! The competition between China, USA, and Australia was so dramatic! China pulled a massive upset! And Ledecky dragged the US back into that race!

She definitely did an awesome job but the two girls in the middle legs also helped by starting to close that gap prior to her leg so it really was a huge team effort for them to win that medal! :cheer:

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
OMG Andrea asked why they were able to get under world record pace and (I think) Allison said "resilience" but the first thing my brain processed was "Brazilians" and I was like "you'd think the suits would be tight enough that that wouldn't matter." But what a thing to say in an interview!

Then my brain got the rest of the way there.

Sylvia

So happy the JGP season is back!
Last edited:

Karen-W

San Marino (population 33,600) has become the smallest country to medal at the Olympics after taking bronze in the women’s trap shooting. 🥉

Party at Valentina Monetta’s house! :cheer2:
Is this their first medal ever? Or just at these particular Olympics?

I love it when small, relatively unknown or geographically isolated countries do something awesome like this (who doesn't love Fiji's men's rugby 7s story?).

miffy

I’m a newbie to watching volleyball but I am enjoying USA vs Turkey. I can’t believe how much of Team Turkey’s make up has remained on :lol: :glamor:

miffy

Gutted for Turkey in volleyball :fragile: So close. But their makeup lasted the full 5 sets.

skategal

Bunny mama
We were watching the women’s Rugby 7s last night (Canada vs Brazil) and it is definitely our new favourite sport.

All I can figure out so far is that if you pull someone down by their hair, it’s a foul and you go in the “sin bin” for 2 minutes. :lol:

It is so vicious….love it! :cheer2:

Now I have to find the schedule for the rest of the games.

Wyliefan

Trying to appease the skategods
Women’s 200m Breaststroke semifinals: OMG Lilly King is such a jerk. Saying “I help her (Jacoby) as much as I could. Maybe I helped her too much.” 😳

I hope Annie Lazor (or someone else) kicks her @$&!
I heard her say it and I'm pretty sure it was a joke.

Parsley Sage

We were watching the women’s Rugby 7s last night (Canada vs Brazil) and it is definitely our new favourite sport.

All I can figure out so far is that if you pull someone down by their hair, it’s a foul and you go in the “sin bin” for 2 minutes. :lol:

It is so vicious….love it! :cheer2:

Now I have to find the schedule for the rest of the games.
Try and catch some wheelchair Rugby during the Paralympics. I think it's even more vicious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information