2020 Tokyo Olympic Games - Day Seven (30 July)

Amy L

Love the French girl's leo.

This is nervewracking but I won't be able to go to bed all keyed up like this lol

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
US girl is wearing Suni's leo without Suni's good luck

Karen-W

I love the Chinese leos and the Mexican leo. Poor Brit girls are stuck in the Team GB random paint swipe leos.

Karen-W

Ooooo! Best Russian leo yet! Hope we see it again on one of the artistic gymnasts during the EFs.

miffy

Could he be stirring up trouble on purpose to take the headlines away from his failure to medal? :confused:

allezfred

Lipinski Stole My Catchphrase
Staff member
Glad to see that the percentage of Ireland’s gold medals not won by drug cheats is now up to 70%.
Well, the three gold medals (and bronze) still stand, but very few people here believe they were won legitimately. The Swimmer Who Will Not Be Named who is now a barrister put out a press release yesterday on the 25th anniversary of her first victory and the reaction to it was something.

It is quite telling the NOC and the media here are completely silent on the topic. We just don’t celebrate cheats, unlike certain other countries. ;)

Gazpacho

Well, the three gold medals (and bronze) still stand, but very few people here believe they were won legitimately. The Swimmer Who Will Not Be Named who is now a barrister put out a press release yesterday on the 25th anniversary of her first victory and the reaction to it was something.

It is quite telling the NOC and the media here are completely silent on the topic. We just don’t celebrate cheats, unlike certain other countries. ;)
Didn't an Irish gold medal horse test positive at the Beijing Olympics? Was that medal stripped?

overedge

G.O.A.T.

Michael Andrew is under investigation for not wearing a mask in the mixed zone LOLOLOLOLOL

He told USA Today, “For me it’s pretty hard to breathe in after kind of sacrificing my body in the water so I feel like my health is a little more tied to being able to breathe than protecting what’s coming out of my mouth.”

I hadn't heard about him before, but after the comments here I looked him up. Holy moly. Coached by dad using a "unique training style" - uh-oh......

Gazpacho

I hadn't heard about him before, but after the comments here I looked him up. Holy moly. Coached by dad using a "unique training style" - uh-oh......
I don't see the "uh oh" with that. Traditional training methods don't work for everyone. He and his father have found a method that works for him, so why not?

It's his comments and actions outside the pool that rub a lot of people the wrong way and potentially endanger people.

love_skate2011

Andrews still better than Murphy who was salty and being a sore loser in interview.

Caleb Dressel was not wearing mask too, so why Andrews is singled out, coz he didnt win any medals ?

MsZem

Teddy Riner losing in the quarterfinals, even with that injury he's coming back from, is pretty shocking.

Michael Andrew is under investigation for not wearing a mask in the mixed zone LOLOLOLOLOL

He told USA Today, “For me it’s pretty hard to breathe in after kind of sacrificing my body in the water so I feel like my health is a little more tied to being able to breathe than protecting what’s coming out of my mouth.”
That's not very Christ-like.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Gold for Australia in the men's laser class in Sailing! Matt Wearn has an insurmountable lead!

overedge

G.O.A.T.
I don't see the "uh oh" with that. Traditional training methods don't work for everyone. He and his father have found a method that works for him, so why not?

Because it's not a good situation for either a parent or a child when the parent is the child's coach and the parent doesn't coach any other athletes. There are way too many stories, in many different sports, of parents with "unique training methods" that might result in short-term success but then lead to burnout and failure.

From what I read, his dad doesn't have any formal training in coaching. When he did coach a team, the rest of the swimmers eventually quit (according to this https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/12750469/is-michael-andrew-next-michael-phelps) and his sister quit swimming too. Sorry, but that has all the signs of an unhealthy coaching situation, regardless of how Andrew behaves when he's not in the pool.

love_skate2011

Djokovic just wanted it too much, he wanted the all slam glory AUS OPEN, FRENCH OPEN, WEMBY, US OPEN and OLYMPICS
suprising he didn't bang his racket after his loss like Medvedevs yesterday, lol

misskarne

Aw, rough few minutes for Aussies - loss in the mixed doubles and then loss in the rugby 7s (Fiji, man).

But we're up 1-0 in the soccer over GBR! Maybe it is...what is that phrase? coming home? ;)

Colonel Green

Looks like the Canada vs. Brazil quarterfinal in soccer is going to penalties.

Ouch, and the Canadian goalkeeper just took a painful hit.

allezfred

Staff member
The US being disqualified in the Mixed 4x400 - has a certain Olympic gold medal ever been so carelessly tossed away.

MsZem

Well yay, two Israelis are through to the finals in track and field! Hanna Minenko will be in her third Olympic final in the triple jump, and Selamat Bayoulgn Teferi qualified in the 5000m.

Neither is likely to medal, but here we get excited about people making finals in any of the major sports :)

The Israeli Athletic Association posted the schedule for all of our entries, and they also included the two local runners who are part of the refugee team! That's so cool :cheer2:

misskarne

The Matildas have done it! After extra time (and way too much stoppage time what is this game) they send GBR packing 4-3!!!!

allezfred

Staff member
It’s all about making finals for smaller countries (unless you are Sweden :p). Ireland has made the final of the Mixed 4x400 which we would have even if the US and Dominican Republic hadn’t been disqualified! :cheer2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information