2020 Tokyo Olympic Games - Day Seven (30 July)

allezfred

Lipinski Stole My Catchphrase
Staff member
Schedule

The Olympics really begins with Athletics. Medals also decided in Archery, Canoe Slalom, BMX Cycling, Fencing, Judo, Rowing, Shooting, Swimming, Table Tennis and Trampoline Gymnastics.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
I'm watching the US and Turkey in a really tight women's volleyball match. But I gotta go find out when CANOE SLALOM is.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I'm not sure when it airs live but I watched it during the afternoon broadcast on NBC earlier today (canoe slalom). :cheer:

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
I'm not sure when it airs live but I watched it during the afternoon broadcast on NBC earlier today (canoe slalom). :cheer:

Apparently today's medal event is very late at night. I'll have to catch a replay.

The US Women's Volleyball team finally beat Turkey in 5 sets, but they got a scare!

Colonel Green

CBC doing the Rosie MacLennan puff piece now.

Rosie is probably Canada's most underappreciated Olympic athlete. The country's only two-time Summer Olympic champion (in one event), the only gold medalist (at the time) in the London Olympics, but because trampoline gymnastics isn't the most popular event, she's a bit of a side story.

skatingguy

Golden Team
CBC doing the Rosie MacLennan puff piece now.

Rosie is probably Canada's most underappreciated Olympic athlete. The country's only two-time Summer Olympic champion (in one event), the only gold medalist (at the time) in the London Olympics, but because trampoline gymnastics isn't the most popular event, she's a bit of a side story.
Also with trampoline being a one day event there's less time to talk about her as compared to athletes like Oleksiak or deGrasse who compete on multiple days.

ryanj07

Really was hoping for Murphy. Looks like Dressel is the only US hyped swimmer delivering as expected so far, although Ledecky did get an individual gold.

ilovepaydays

So…..I guess NBC isn’t going to be showing any track & field for awhile tonight…..if at all?

You’d think they would have showed Athing Mu’s Round 1 in the 800m live. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
So…..I guess NBC isn’t going to be showing any track & field for awhile tonight…..if at all?

You’d think they would have showed Athing Mu’s Round 1 in the 800m live. 🤷🏻‍♀️
It was live on USA. I guess because it's just a prelim they were meh about showing it live? Idk they should always show her because she's amazing.

Michael Andrew's father has cult leader eyes.

canbelto

Why do the Chinese athletes all look like they're dressed for the Winter Olympics in their fleece parkas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information