2020 Tokyo Olympic Games - Day One (24 July)

MsZem

I just want Eurosport player to give me a commentary-free option. Is this too much to ask?

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
So Sidney Pickrem missed her heat. Hope it's not because of any positive test.

gingercrush

Japan get their first gold of the Olympics. Kosovo win a gold as well. Free to air coverage here is such crap. They waste so much time interviewing people instead of showing sports. Should have paid for better coverage oo.

Colonel Green

Such a shame that Taylor Ruck has had so many problems in the last year or so, after being a mainstay of Canadian women's swimming for the inter-Olympic period. Meanwhile Penny recovered her form just in time for Tokyo.

Frau Muller

Sailing the Seven Ultra-Cs!
Congratulations HUNGARY!!!
Amazing Aron Szilagyi wins Fencing-Sabre gold for third Olympics in a row!
🇭🇺 🇭🇺 🇭🇺 🇭🇺 🇭🇺 🇭🇺 🇭🇺 🇭🇺 🇭🇺

skipaway

Ok, can’t get enough of USA Volleyball’s Anderson’s Tree tattoo On his left arm…:inavoid:

allezfred

Lipinski Stole My Catchphrase
Staff member
Am watching German Eurosport because that is the only Eurosport they have at our mini break hotel and Fabian Hambuchen has changed a lot! :eek:

Simone411

Do stand. Do stand six. Do stand six feet from me.
Just watched Water Polo. The USA women played against Japan and the final score was 25 - USA and 4 - Japan. I think Japan needs to train their goalie a little better or either get a new one. It was kind of sad to watch. I was hoping to see some fierce competition. :(

Karen-W

In fact there are swimming finals tomorrow. Tokyo is not on US time, despite NBC's best efforts ;)
Yeah, yeah. I noticed that the finals were in the morning when I was looking at the schedule and knew it was the NBC effect, lol. But, hey, really, it's just 10am for me. My brain is going to struggle with "this is really happening tomorrow/Day 2" due to the 16 hour time difference between Tokyo and the West Coast.

Cachoo

I like that the 17yr old archer from South Korea lets at a yell after his turn. And I love the speed of each set.

ilovepaydays

Watching the NBC recap of the swimming prelims. We are back to having Dan Hicks and Rowdy Gaines calling the races. The universe is now back in order. 😉 😆

RoseRed

Such a shame that Taylor Ruck has had so many problems in the last year or so, after being a mainstay of Canadian women's swimming for the inter-Olympic period. Meanwhile Penny recovered her form just in time for Tokyo.
I'm so thrilled for her that she's back in contention. It seems like the expectations after Rio really weighed on her, and she was so, so happy with her 100 free time at Trials.

It's a shame for Taylor Ruck that she's struggling with her freestyle right now. But at least she looked good in her backstroke events at Trials.

Dobre

Finally made it through all the men's gymnastics qualifying. Battle for the gold medal should be great. This is the best group of Russian guys I've seen in a long time. They seem to have all the pieces. Young all-around talent. Some guys with experience. But China's looking really solid. So nice to see these two teams come out with a serious game plan and actually try to deliver in the qualifying round. It's about time. Japan didn't look to me like they were stressed about home field pressure. They looked like a bunch of young guys wanting to prove themselves.

Some points were left on the table, and results were super tight today. A hit element here, a clean dismount there--could have made all the difference in the world. The final could be so good:).

Dobre

Whee! For the swimming guy from Tunisia. That was great:).

Major snark: For whoever designed this code of points on men's floor, it's awful. Awful. One twisting combination is more than enough. If twisting is really you're thing, then OK, show that off & do two. But under no planet under the sun do I need to see all these guys doing three or four passes with nothing but twisting. What a waste of all that tumbling skill!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information