2020 Tokyo Olympic Games - Day Nine (1 August)

Colonel Green

This is a very good sign for De Grasse in the 200 m, his better event. He's not the fastest starter (further disadvantaged by his lane), but his closing speed is incredible.

nickp

Italy are having a year to remember in 2021 Eurovision Winners Euro 2020 Winners Men’s Olympics 100M Gold Men’s Olympics High Jump Gold

Jimena

That is a world record for Rojas 🇻🇪! :respec:
SO thrilled for her. And her hop is tiny! I can't imagine how long she could go if she extended through it. She would probably fall into the pit during her middle phase!

floskate

Vacant
Not sure if this has been shared yet but what does Tom Daley and Canadian skate fans have in common?

As a fellow male fibre artist I wholeheartedly approve of this yarnspiration for men who knit and crochet the world over. Tom is goals!

allezfred

Lipinski Stole My Catchphrase
Staff member
I hope she didn't leave it in the semis. Would love for her to win. My island will go nuts. And I will cry.

She's so good.
Given the Irish surname and that she has an Irish coach, we have sort of adopted her here. ;)

Matryeshka

What sort of drunken shenanigans is rugby? It's like a bunch of brawlers decided let's take a basic bar fight...and add a ball!

I felt genuinely terrified for those poor French girls against NZE. Those NZE women know how to fight. :yikes:

Matryeshka

Watching trampoline activated my vertigo--I got physically sick watching Ivan Litvinovich.

Dong Dong was robbed! :mad: I have NO IDEA who trampoline is scored, I just liked Dong Dong better. :lol:

I have no desire to watch the 15-a-side version. My delicate Southern nerves couldn't take it, and I have no pearls to clutch.

Archery also made me unreasonably nervous. I feel like I've gotten a workout without leaving the sofa!

love skating

Clueless American
^ That was nice! So why couldn't golf just give out seven bronze medals?! :p I guess each sport has its own rules.

Gazpacho

Men’s high jump was EVERYTHING 😍
The moment when Bashim went “Can’t we have two golds?” was more than everything. I sobbed😅 Love both guys, they both deserved it so much. And then they both went bonkers, it was for the ages.
Why won't the IOC allow gymnastics to have two gold medals, but they will allow high jump?

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Why won't the IOC allow gymnastics to have two gold medals, but they will allow high jump?
It's up to the sports' governing body, not the IOC. So every sporting group can have their own rules about how to score.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
No, the IOC that told the FIG to come up with tie breakers. The FIG is fine with ties. That's why you see ties at the world championships.
🤔 I hope that doesn't mean those guys will be made to give their medals back and do a runoff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information