2020 Tokyo Olympic Games - Day Nine (1 August)

Karen-W

Well, we managed to eliminate 3 of the remaining 5 players (sorry @allezfred that McIlroy is one of them). Morikawa and Pan heading to 18th hole once more.

anonymoose_au

Oh no! I didn't realise the Men's Floor Final was on and missed the whole thing 😓

That was a pretty cool golf play off though...

Never heard the Israeli anthem before, it's nice.

Also congratulations to CT Pan and his caddy/wife for the bronze at the Men's Golf ☺️

Last edited:

ballettmaus

I just can’t get into the track and field stuff.
It's the opposite for me. I just can't get into swimming but track and field is kind of the heart of the Olympics for me. (Even though I'd never do any of it myself).

Yeah, they do. Biosecurity is actually a big thing in international equestrian competition. And the horses are required to have passports that include vaccination status and infectious disease testing.
If only we could all be horses sometimes...

They're actually at around 28% vaccinated which isn't much lower than some Southern states.
Exactly. :shuffle:

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
High jump time!

Your fun fact: Brandon Starc, the Australian, is the younger brother of Mitchell Starc, one of the star fast bowlers on the Australian cricket team!

honey

I have to admit I find the posturing before the 100m start to be completely :rolleyes:. Do they practice their choreography before hand?

Sarah

For those who were watching the cross country earlier/last night, Jet Set, the Swiss horse who was vanned off was euthanized from his injuries on the course. I’m struggling the enjoy any of the competition today after reading that. The problem with horses… they are so fragile.

miffy

oops didn’t see Sarah’s post before mine when I posted, mine sounds so shallow after that. Poor Jet Set - that is awful :( I don’t really enjoy the equestrian events for this reason among others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information