2020 Tokyo Olympic Games - Day Minus Two (21 July)

allezfred

Lipinski Stole My Catchphrase
Staff member
We are two days out from the Opening Ceremony, but the sport at the 2020 Olympics begins today/tomorrow/whatever time zone you may be in! Finally…….

With football and softball. Yay. :shuffle:

Schedule

love skating

Clueless American
Copying from NBC Olympics site: The first medals of the Tokyo Olympics will be won in Shooting (women’s 10m air rifle) on July 24 at 11:25a Japan time (July 23 at 10:25p ET).

Diving starts Sunday 3 pm Japan Time which is Saturday 11 pm Pacific Time or Sunday 2 am Eastern Time in the US. Starts with Women's synchro springboard.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Skateboarding, surfing and “breaking”: This just screams teenaged summers to me. I like this.
the surf forecast looks pretty good so far. It depends on the wind shifts. The event is scheduled for 10 days so they can call off for a day if the surf changes. Expect the male OGM to go to a Brazilian. All of them are hot right now. Both literally and figuratively. :grope: The female OGM could very well be Carissa Moore of the US. Stephanie Gilmore of Australia is a contender as well. Both the US men (John John Florence and Kolohe Andino) blew out a knee and had to have surgery two months ago. (I was hoping one of them would WD and Kelly Slater would get the slot as he's the alternate, but alas, they plan to surf). The Boys of Endless Summer come to the Olympics. (except the best surf is in the winters in both hemispheres :lol: ).

And, if you think scoring in skating is subjective...https://olympics.com/en/news/surfing-explained-how-the-new-olympic-sport-is-judged

Last edited:

michalle

I'm really curious to see if that Russian diver still has his huge beard from Euros. Very unusual for swimming and diving.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
It's quite good to watch - I used to play many years ago. I was never anywhere near this good :lol:

The less said about Australia vs Japan, the better :lol:

allezfred

Lipinski Stole My Catchphrase
Staff member
I’m not one to be interested about football, but the US being 0-1 down to Sweden at half-time is noteworthy.

Cachoo

I watched my first event tonight - USA vs Italy in softball! I enjoyed it and will try to watch more of that event.
I couldn't sleep one night and watched a replay of the college world series in softball. Damn those women can throw. And they are doing it with big old softballs rather than the hardballs that would better fit into their hands.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico, via Russia - to the World!
Just watched (live - stream) Men's Gymnastics podium training.
Women's gym podium training will also be shown live, via NBCOlympics streaming, tomorrow, July 22, commencing at 2am EST.

Link to all Gymnastics NBC streams: https://www.nbcolympics.com/schedule/sport/gymnastics

LOTS to be shown live via streaming that won't even be on the Peacock TV shows...such as all four Women's gym qualifying subdivisions...not just Gp 4 to be shown in "live delay" by Peacock at 6am. (Assume Simone and Co./USA will be in Gp 4.)

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico, via Russia - to the World!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information